What Do You Guys Believe Exists?

Sketchy K

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

So are you claiming Karl Nehammer is not a member of the Austrian Peoples Party, which is a conservative right-wing party firmly against immigration and muslims in particular.

I didn´t claim anything yet, that was your part. 

Ah yes, Nehammer is a member of the ÖVP (and chancellor, by the way) which is a middle-right party. So far so good.

Maybe I should confess that I couldn´t care less about the Peoples Party, they are certainly not my favourite choice. Nevertheless, to claim that they are firmly against immigration and muslims in particular is nonsense. Please inform yourself about the numbers of refugees Austria has given shelter and home since 2015. Put this number in correlation with the Austrian population and transfer the result on the USA, I guess then you get it.

5 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Nice spin there Steve, the article points out (toward the end of course) that Sotomayor was referring to the total juvenile hospitalizations since August 2021, not how may children are currently hospitalized. My language was indeed wrong as I should have said total hospitalizations and not current.

How about you answer the pressing question I keep asking that you seem to gloss over: Are elderly lives or the lives of the sick less important than other lives? You keep saying 98% recover but what about the 2% which, BTW, amounts to only 7,000,000 US citizens potentially dying. Is that 7 million just "thinning the heard" and thus irrelevant? What if one of the dead or "long-haulers" was a family member or friend of yours? Would you be so quick to tell them, "Hey, no biggie, 98% survive so...sucks to be you."

I have readily answered that question in the past and will do so again: it is I who has said from day one that primary and greater emphasis should be placed on protecting the elderly who are the must vulnerable. I also said from day one that if 2% have to take one for the team to achieve herd immunity then plan accordingly. You, on the other hand, insist that instead 100% have to take one for the team INDEFINITELY via federal financial catastrophe, unconstitutional mandates, lockdowns, civil liberty abuses, businesses destroyed, etc). If we had done it my way this would have been over a year ago. How's that indefinite strategy working out for ya? I'll wait for the inevitable bullshit emotional appeal like "14 days to flatten the curve", We are in this together," "Normalcy can be achieved at 70% vaccinated" or the tried and true "what if it was a family member or friend?" 

30 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I have readily answered that question in the past and will do so again: it is I who has said from day one that primary and greater emphasis should be placed on protecting the elderly who are the must vulnerable. I also said from day one that if 2% have to take one for the team to achieve herd immunity then plan accordingly. You, on the other hand, insist that instead 100% have to take one for the team INDEFINITELY via federal financial catastrophe, unconstitutional mandates, lockdowns, civil liberty abuses, businesses destroyed, etc). If we had done it my way this would have been over a year ago. How's that indefinite strategy working out for ya? I'll wait for the inevitable bullshit emotional appeal like "14 days to flatten the curve", We are in this together," "Normalcy can be achieved at 70% vaccinated" or the tried and true "what if it was a family member or friend?" 

No, I never said I was for "You, on the other hand, insist that instead 100% have to take one for the team INDEFINITELY via federal financial catastrophe, unconstitutional mandates, lockdowns" that is simply not true. My stance is somewhat common sense for not being a scientist. I got the vaccines based on scientific, peer reviewed data. I did this not to protect me but to protect the vulnerable around me. As I stated before, I am not in a vulnerable cohort, not even close, but the lives of others is very important to me. I simply feel we should get the vaccine and be done with it. No more masks, no more bullshit. The problem are the conspiracy theories about the vaccine which are nonsense. If there were problems with the vaccine, in this day and age, medical workers would have had that info out by day 2. The vaccine is safe, plain and simple, after all you have been vaccinated and I am sure you still have your soul and have not died as I am replying to you. 

Of course there are nefarious forces at work as there always are per the old adage, "never let a good disaster go to waste." The only conspiracy is the same conspiracy they have been selling since 2008 with the bail-outs and other BS which is they want their cut, as always. The onion is the taxpayers paid for the R&D for the COVID vaccine and are paying for the distribution and vaccine costs so the politicians and pharma raking in billions. That's the only angle here and you are correct, they will ride this until they squeeze every last dollar they can, but that does not mean the vaccine does not work.

If this pandemic follows all prior known historical pandemics (Justinian's Plague, Black Death, or the 1918 Flu Pandemic) it should be fizzled out by the end of 2022 but who knows. Maybe it was developed in a lab in which case anything is possible. I just try and take a common sense approach, that's it and none of my freedoms are being infringed, I can do exactly as I wish, no problems. I just think stop with the nonsense and hyperbole, sure they are screwing us with the cash but no one's freedoms are being infringed upon. It sucks but that's really the foundation of the American way. Just your old timey Tammany Hall graft and corruption and not some ridiculous satanic baby eating conspiracy which, BTW, is a direct lift from medieval European tracts and publications about the Jews. It was BS then, it's BS now.

3 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

I didn´t claim anything yet, that was your part. 

Ah yes, Nehammer is a member of the ÖVP (and chancellor, by the way) which is a middle-right party. So far so good.

Maybe I should confess that I couldn´t care less about the Peoples Party, they are certainly not my favourite choice. Nevertheless, to claim that they are firmly against immigration and muslims in particular is nonsense. Please inform yourself about the numbers of refugees Austria has given shelter and home since 2015. Put this number in correlation with the Austrian population and transfer the result on the USA, I guess then you get it.

So my post was factually correct, you simply did not like it. That's fine, no worries. Again, I never said I knew more than you as that would be silly, in fact my post was about how Austria was taking refugees at a time when Belarus was sending these immigrants to Poland.

I think you may have misunderstood my meaning in my post

3 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I simply feel we should get the vaccine and be done with it. No more masks, no more bullshit. 

Herd immunity is the only one way to achieve no more bullshit. Vaccines are not required to achieve it.

They recently changed the definition of fully vaccinated and the vaccinated are still masked. So how's getting the vaccine and being done with it working out for ya?   

Predictions based on pandemics from more than 100 years ago is foolish. The world has changed considerably since then. It's possible this isn't the last inadvertent or deliberate lab leak release we'll see in our lifetimes.  

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Herd immunity is the only one way to achieve no more bullshit. Vaccines are not required to achieve it.

They recently changed the definition of fully vaccinated and the vaccinated are still masked. So how's getting the vaccine and being done with it working out for ya?   

Predictions based on pandemics from more than 100 years ago is foolish. The world has changed considerably since then. It's possible this isn't the last inadvertent or deliberate lab leak release we'll see in our lifetimes.  

I am surprised I have yet had to prove I am vaccinated anywhere I have gone.  I guess its easier for them to just mandate the mask. So does that pretty much tell us that you are not catching this from touching a surface?  Does anyone know the answer to that?  And this thread was supposed to be about Bigfoot, Aliens, Ghosts, etc.  Now its turning into Covid thread number two?  Come on!!!

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So does that pretty much tell us that you are not catching this from touching a surface?  Does anyone know the answer to that?  

The risk of contracting Covid-19 from contaminated surfaces or objects in non-hospital indoor settings, including homes and schools, is very low—and using soap or detergent, rather than disinfectant, is sufficient to reduce risk in most cases, according to updated guidance from CDC. According to the agency, the odds of getting infected via a contaminated surface or object is "generally less than 1 in 10,000."

9 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

No, I never said I was for "You, on the other hand, insist that instead 100% have to take one for the team INDEFINITELY via federal financial catastrophe, unconstitutional mandates, lockdowns" that is simply not true. My stance is somewhat common sense for not being a scientist. I got the vaccines based on scientific, peer reviewed data. I did this not to protect me but to protect the vulnerable around me. As I stated before, I am not in a vulnerable cohort, not even close, but the lives of others is very important to me. I simply feel we should get the vaccine and be done with it. No more masks, no more bullshit. The problem are the conspiracy theories about the vaccine which are nonsense. If there were problems with the vaccine, in this day and age, medical workers would have had that info out by day 2. The vaccine is safe, plain and simple, after all you have been vaccinated and I am sure you still have your soul and have not died as I am replying to you. 

Of course there are nefarious forces at work as there always are per the old adage, "never let a good disaster go to waste." The only conspiracy is the same conspiracy they have been selling since 2008 with the bail-outs and other BS which is they want their cut, as always. The onion is the taxpayers paid for the R&D for the COVID vaccine and are paying for the distribution and vaccine costs so the politicians and pharma raking in billions. That's the only angle here and you are correct, they will ride this until they squeeze every last dollar they can, but that does not mean the vaccine does not work.

If this pandemic follows all prior known historical pandemics (Justinian's Plague, Black Death, or the 1918 Flu Pandemic) it should be fizzled out by the end of 2022 but who knows. Maybe it was developed in a lab in which case anything is possible. I just try and take a common sense approach, that's it and none of my freedoms are being infringed, I can do exactly as I wish, no problems. I just think stop with the nonsense and hyperbole, sure they are screwing us with the cash but no one's freedoms are being infringed upon. It sucks but that's really the foundation of the American way. Just your old timey Tammany Hall graft and corruption and not some ridiculous satanic baby eating conspiracy which, BTW, is a direct lift from medieval European tracts and publications about the Jews. It was BS then, it's BS now.

You made one great statement in there, "I can do exactly as I wish"  So, your freedoms haven't been infringed upon because you chose that route , get it you made the choice to comply i.e. you exorcised your right to choose but for millions who disagree with the vaccine and the mandates they cannot do exactly as they wish so yes their freedom has certainly been infringed upon.

Gimmie a break! lose your job and not be allowed out of your home and now in at least one place (DC) you cannot leave your home unless you show papers and wear a mask at all times no matter where you are.

Sure no loss of freedom there.

Edited by hummingbird69

Jesus bleepin' Christ. There's already a thread for the Big Nasty. Use it. I avoid it to keep my blood pressure from going through the roof, I don't want to have to avoid this thread too. Maybe there's a subreddit or something devoted to vaccine misinformation if you want to jack off about how awful/bad/scary/fascist it is. 

11 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

You made one great statement in there, "I can do exactly as I wish".  

There is what I believe an even more revealing statement in there: I did this not to protect me but to protect the vulnerable around me.

Translation: He took an experimental vaccine (the records are sealed for the next 50 years to protect all involved in their development from prosecution) because he bought into the feral government's lies that there was a dire public health emergency that required it. Vaccination was also appealing to him because he's a proud, life member of the virtue signaling crowd.

6 minutes ago, Electrophile said:

Jesus bleepin' Christ. There's already a thread for the Big Nasty. Use it. I avoid it to keep my blood pressure from going through the roof, I don't want to have to avoid this thread too. Maybe there's a subreddit or something devoted to vaccine misinformation if you want to jack off about how awful/bad/scary/fascist it is. 

Ok, Liz that's enough dirty talk. I'm ready now.

To get this thread back on topic, I don't think we're the only intelligent life forms in the universe. The universe is too vast, too unexplored/unknown to be able to say that bipedal humanoids on planet Earth are all there is. I'd like to think there is a planet out there somewhere just like this one, and someone is sitting behind a computer, or whatever passes for a computer in their world, saying the same thing I'm saying. Also, just because it's beautiful, one of my favorite examples of astrophotography: 

60tU4yZdbw-w_1824x0_ZnphaNbC.thumb.jpg.3706fceb0f5495663676748e090baebb.jpg

1 hour ago, Electrophile said:

To get this thread back on topic, I don't think we're the only intelligent life forms in the universe. The universe is too vast, too unexplored/unknown to be able to say that bipedal humanoids on planet Earth are all there is. I'd like to think there is a planet out there somewhere just like this one, and someone is sitting behind a computer, or whatever passes for a computer in their world, saying the same thing I'm saying. Also, just because it's beautiful, one of my favorite examples of astrophotography: 

60tU4yZdbw-w_1824x0_ZnphaNbC.thumb.jpg.3706fceb0f5495663676748e090baebb.jpg

Well, to be fair, one need only look at the above comments from the "three stooges" to realize there is not much intelligent life here either. These clowns and their ilk are most likely the reason why, if aliens exist and have visited our planet, refuse to make contact. Aliens would either vaporize such dopes or simply leave us alone. As they would be considerably more intelligent and empathetic than us, they have chosen the latter.

Thanks numbskulls, no flying cars or transporters due to you acting like a bunch of insane knobs.

Edited by BobDobbs

I believe people who can't help themselves exist. Case in point, hijacking threads, just can't help it????

10 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I don't think we're the only intelligent life forms in the universe.

I have seen a mathematician (or scientist, can't remember detail) give an answer that statistically, other life simply MUST exist due to probability and mathematics. It is practically impossibly this one happenstance of events is not repeatable/never happened elsewhere if indeed Earth self-seeded life. I also believe the leading theory is life did not begin here, but was brought here. Seeded either by design or by random events from afar.

I always thought it made sense aliens would not want to reveal as we are not ready but fuck me I wish it would happen. I also think disclosure from Governments about what they do know is a possibility, but again, I don't think en masse we are ready, or they are willing/capable at this point.

6 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

I believe people who can't help themselves exist. Case in point, hijacking threads, just can't help it????

I have seen a mathematician (or scientist, can't remember detail) give an answer that statistically, other life simply MUST exist due to probability and mathematics. It is practically impossibly this one happenstance of events is not repeatable/never happened elsewhere if indeed Earth self-seeded life. I also believe the leading theory is life did not begin here, but was brought here. Seeded either by design or by random events from afar.

I always thought it made sense aliens would not want to reveal as we are not ready but fuck me I wish it would happen. I also think disclosure from Governments about what they do know is a possibility, but again, I don't think en masse we are ready, or they are willing/capable at this point.

I saw that same clip with the math guy, can't remember where it was from either. But yeah, of course not only are we not alone but there are likely thousands or even millions of intelligent life forms throughout the vastness of the universe - just from a mathematical perspective. As far as aliens, here's my own cray cray theory - they aren't alien, they're human. We're related to them. They could be from another dimension, super far away, from the future .. doesn't really matter. The intelligence differential is astronomical. The closest analogy I can think of would be a lab rat trying to have a conversation with the lab scientist. It just ain't gonna happen. If we operate under the assumption that they are real, we must then come to the conclusion that we have no idea why they're here and will never know unless they decide to tell us. 

I personally don't think the government is in "the know" any more than we are. The gov has access to things we don't (for instance, satellites), and I think *if* any of it is real, they would absolutely keep it under wraps so as not to freak people out. If any of this were to be officially revealed as "truth", there would be huge societal - and economic - problems. Our bullshit fiat house of cards money system would fall right quick.

I once met someone whose grandfather or great uncle or something like that was high up in the Area 51 section of the gov (I never met him myself).  He wasn't allowed to say shit to anyone, and they made it very clear to him that his life would be over if he did (and whoever he spilled to).  So, he never said jack to anyone. However, he did once tell her this one thing: "if people knew the truth, they would be scared out of their minds". She was also in the military (military family) and had no reason to make that up.

I've also met a lot of people with interesting stories on their own experiences (like many posters on here themselves). I have a close family member who has had some crazy experiences. It's all very interesting. I've never seen one myself and am kinda glad about that.

2 minutes ago, 1975NQ said:

I saw that same clip with the math guy, can't remember where it was from either. But yeah, of course not only are we not alone but there are likely thousands or even millions of intelligent life forms throughout the vastness of the universe - just from a mathematical perspective. As far as aliens, here's my own cray cray theory - they aren't alien, they're human. We're related to them. They could be from another dimension, super far away, from the future .. doesn't really matter. The intelligence differential is astronomical. The closest analogy I can think of would be a lab rat trying to have a conversation with the lab scientist. It just ain't gonna happen. If we operate under the assumption that they are real, we must then come to the conclusion that we have no idea why they're here and will never know unless they decide to tell us. 

I personally don't think the government is in "the know" any more than we are. The gov has access to things we don't (for instance, satellites), and I think *if* any of it is real, they would absolutely keep it under wraps so as not to freak people out. If any of this were to be officially revealed as "truth", there would be huge societal - and economic - problems. Our bullshit fiat house of cards money system would fall right quick.

I once met someone whose grandfather or great uncle or something like that was high up in the Area 51 section of the gov (I never met him myself).  He wasn't allowed to say shit to anyone, and they made it very clear to him that his life would be over if he did (and whoever he spilled to).  So, he never said jack to anyone. However, he did once tell her this one thing: "if people knew the truth, they would be scared out of their minds". She was also in the military (military family) and had no reason to make that up.

I've also met a lot of people with interesting stories on their own experiences (like many posters on here themselves). I have a close family member who has had some crazy experiences. It's all very interesting. I've never seen one myself and am kinda glad about that.

Seeing Bob Lazar on Rogan cemented for me that he was not a con-artist just full of shit. Does not fit the facts at all. (him knowing about the element that was confirmed publicly 10 years later - even by name/number!, the fact they tried to wipe his entire life/existence which is largely now known/proven). So given his experience, yeah, I think the Gov't (probably other Gov'ts as well) have things they could well "disclose". Problem is, imagine the US Government admitting they had lied about, and kept hidden from the public, the most important discovery in human history for decades! I reckon they have painted themselves into a corner because of this. Distrust of Govt is already a nightmare, this could well be catastrophic in that respect.

Not only that, there is a genuine national security case to keep things on the down low. If such advanced technology is in the hands of the Govt, it is a potential game changer in that if successfully reverse engineered and understood, it is nothing short of world domination for the society first past that post.

That is why I genuinely think we are not ready in terms of disclosure, but it is a great pity.

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Seeing Bob Lazar on Rogan cemented for me that he was not a con-artist just full of shit. Does not fit the facts at all. (him knowing about the element that was confirmed publicly 10 years later - even by name/number!, the fact they tried to wipe his entire life/existence which is largely now known/proven). So given his experience, yeah, I think the Gov't (probably other Gov'ts as well) have things they could well "disclose". Problem is, imagine the US Government admitting they had lied about, and kept hidden from the public, the most important discovery in human history for decades! I reckon they have painted themselves into a corner because of this. Distrust of Govt is already a nightmare, this could well be catastrophic in that respect.

Not only that, there is a genuine national security case to keep things on the down low. If such advanced technology is in the hands of the Govt, it is a potential game changer in that if successfully reverse engineered and understood, it is nothing short of world domination for the society first past that post.

That is why I genuinely think we are not ready in terms of disclosure, but it is a great pity.

I saw that same podcast. At first, I thought it was awesome. And fascinating. And as time went on, it seemed more likely he was telling half truths. I believe his story but also think memory can be a funny thing. It can play tricks on us. I also think he's a bit of a character. I agree that the gov has things they could disclose, absolutely. I've often thought about the reverse-engineering/world domination theory. But then I think to myself - why in the world would we be the only country to be sitting on all this tech? What makes us so special? Continuing on with that thought and bringing it to its natural conclusion, I  then realized it was a rabbit hole not worth going down. Because if these beings exist, they are so much smarter than ourselves that trying to figure out any of this mystery is just a waste of time. I think it's safe to say they wouldn't crash their flying saucer (watch out for that bird!!) then leave it for us so that one day we (USA) could take over the world. Whatever endgame that's about, and the Phoenix lights, and all the other crazy shit, is a big unknown.

In terms of distrust, yeah. I think it's safe to say we're at an all-time high with distrust for government and media here in the states. It's a sad state of affairs. In fairness, if I were President, or more realistically whatever org is in charge of all this off the books stuff (Military Industrial Complex), I'd wanna keep it under wraps too. People aren't ready for it. They would lose their shit.

Edited by 1975NQ

..but what if that "life on other planets" never evolved beyond the microbial ooze phase?  What if that life developed into a 4th or 5th or 100th dimension that we, as lowly humanoids, cannot even perceive?  We never have contact with life beyond our planet.

Just askin'........