What Do You Guys Believe Exists?

Sketchy K

On 2/7/2022 at 3:50 AM, rm2551 said:

Well slap me on the arse and call me Mary. You two agree. :friends:

My take is a bit different - although I don't disagree with the sentiment, and I'm not convinced, but I offer....

There are intelligence/military/geo-political strategist minds that are the selected advisers at the top levels of the US Government (no matter the party in power) - that you'd like to think contribe views and options that are not dogmatic, not partisan, just facts and viewpoints considered, and evaluated by leaders. They do their job in delivering their expertise for others to consider along with other views.

So one respectable/arguable position is to say NATO is valuable in that while the USSR has ceased to exist, Russia and its current President and outlook, for right or wrong, should be considered a potential threat to NATO, and non-NATO democracies. So while I am interested in the position that NATO has indeed outlived it's usefulness as it makes perfect sense, I believe there is a valid, if not strong counter to that.

So you make a good case John and I largely agree with it, but I can't help but think NATO may be a good counter balance to Russia's view of itself, history, and what Putin might consider as "righting past wrongs" from his perspective. The dog that the US has in the fight is simply a matter of promoting (preserving?) Democratic values and systems of Government over Autocratic - or less desirable (and demonstratably LESS efficient/advanced) systems of Government. I don't think that is in and of itself a bad "thing" - but how far should the US go?

If the US are not the "police of the world" - someone else will be. Better it be the superpower that has liberty and people as central to power at it's core than authoritarians.

I would go so far as to say it is more dangerous to let authoritarian systems expand unchecked in the world than to actively engage and counter them. Diplomatically first and foremost, but also as if it means something to you.

Joe Rogans DMT experiences, which he has gone into in depth with while interviewing interesting guests who took similar journeys at the least speaks to other dimensions or potential planes of existence that - at least for those who take that journey - is very, very real. Our 5 senses are great. What of the alien life form that has 8, or 12, or 50 senses? What of the lifeform that cuts through what we basically lack through our own biological limitations????

To think the human experience is the "height" of biological possibility is the absolute extreme of over confidence.

But then again, Humans produced the music of Led Zeppelin.

Cheers my friends!

DMT is very interesting to me. I have several friends who have also had life changing experiences while on it. There are 2 specifically that I watched change their lives after having had a few different experiences with the drug. Life altering changes. And I might add that they were for the better and did very positive things with their lives. But made pretty drastic changes. 

An argument that I hear with respect to Alien life and travel is that we are how many thousand, or millions of light years away from said planets. I feel one of the issues with that train of thought is, we are the ones putting parameters on the time. Meaning that time may not be the same, it could be as easy as a thought for them/they. If they want to be somewhere that would take us hundreds, thousands, or millions of light years to get there, it in my mind would not apply to an advanced species. That is our earthly thoughts or calculations, or as I said earlier parameters on travel.

I also agree with you on the policing of the world. It’s not a great/good position to be in at all. However, the alternative is it not being America, and it being perhaps China. I truly do feel the world is far better off with us in that position than without us. That could also be because that’s all I know, and if that were to change it would be scary because of change itself, along with what the ramifications would be. Which are pretty unknown. 

And brilliantly said about the 4 humans who created the music that we know as Led Zeppelin. That very well could be the pinnacle of  human creation. I will say that I have had a glass 🥃 or two of Johnny Walker Blue label whiskey. So I may not be thinking clearly. Or maybe this is as clear as I’ll ever think.

Cheers to everyone as well. Stay safe out there. Random acts of kindness is a cool thing to participate in. And I spent a lot of my life being an aggressive jackass who might have had a complex and felt like they had something to prove. With Whiskey, a daughter, and the passage of time I really feel like being cool to someone is a better way to go about my day. Sorry for the de-railing of the thread. 

9 minutes ago, Plant77 said:

Cheers to everyone as well. Stay safe out there. Random acts of kindness is a cool thing to participate in. And I spent a lot of my life being an aggressive jackass who might have had a complex and felt like they had something to prove. With Whiskey, a daughter, and the passage of time I really feel like being cool to someone is a better way to go about my day. Sorry for the de-railing of the thread. 

Well said! No de-railing happening at all. If you want, we can bend the post to say that you believe karma exists lol. I certainly do. The universe can be harsh and cruel, and I think right now is a challenging time for a lot of people everywhere. But I absolutely think karma is a real thing, and even if it wasn't - it's good to be kind. It's its own reward. It's always great to read posts like yours that are straight-up real.

23 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Well said! No de-railing happening at all. If you want, we can bend the post to say that you believe karma exists lol. I certainly do. The universe can be harsh and cruel, and I think right now is a challenging time for a lot of people everywhere. But I absolutely think karma is a real thing, and even if it wasn't - it's good to be kind. It's its own reward. It's always great to read posts like yours that are straight-up real.

I appreciate the kind words, and I am a firm believer in Karma. We do live in a harsh universe that isn’t fair and helping others is where it is at. Especially in these trying/crazy times. You are absolutely correct that just being kind is it’s own reward. Lots of benefits in doing so.

Word Homie! Have a great night.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 10:46 PM, BobDobbs said:

Truth to power!

I am not sure I buy into the we are only using a certain percentage of our brain theory, as it was recently shot down some.  You are correct on the spectrum, we have a device called a spectrometer that breaks down light and in fact tells us the make up of stars.  Very much used in astronomy and physics. 

So looking at the subject title, "What do You Guys Believe Exists"?  I would like to see a count, as I do not know how to set up a poll here, as to how many believe in ????

A.  Bigfoot

B.  Ghosts

C.  Sea Monsters

D.   Aliens have been here or are here

I ask that as many as possible participate.  Thanks.  

And lastly, are you aware of Skinwalker Ranch?

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am not sure I buy into the we are only using a certain percentage of our brain theory, as it was recently shot down some.  You are correct on the spectrum, we have a device called a spectrometer that breaks down light and in fact tells us the make up of stars.  Very much used in astronomy and physics. 

So looking at the subject title, "What do You Guys Believe Exists"?  I would like to see a count, as I do not know how to set up a poll here, as to how many believe in ????

A.  Bigfoot

B.  Ghosts

C.  Sea Monsters

A.  Bigfoot - Maybe but unlikely. Large species have been discovered as recently as within the past few years so it is possible.

B.  Ghosts - Depends on ones definition of a ghost. I believe there are forms of spiritual or energy forces, however I do not believe in the ghosts of former humans hanging about. I believe if there is something beyond this life, once we die we cross some dimension into another and cannot come back unless reincarnation is a thing.

C.  Sea Monsters - Sure, same possibility as above especially since only about 9% of the oceans have been researched.

D.   Aliens have been here or are here - Yes to both but I do not believe they really interact with us as we are just too primitive and aggressive at this point.

11 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

A.  Bigfoot - Maybe but unlikely. Large species have been discovered as recently as within the past few years so it is possible.

B.  Ghosts - Depends on ones definition of a ghost. I believe there are forms of spiritual or energy forces, however I do not believe in the ghosts of former humans hanging about. I believe if there is something beyond this life, once we die we cross some dimension into another and cannot come back unless reincarnation is a thing.

C.  Sea Monsters - Sure, same possibility as above especially since only about 9% of the oceans have been researched.

D.   Aliens have been here or are here - Yes to both but I do not believe they really interact with us as we are just too primitive and aggressive at this point.

Agree with all of this and couldn’t have said it better. 

On 3/16/2022 at 6:10 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

A.  Bigfoot

B.  Ghosts

C.  Sea Monsters

Bigfoot: No.

Ghosts: No.

Sea Monsters: No.

Aliens: No. I believe there's other life in our solar system, but life of the microbial variety, not little green moon men in spaceships. That's too science fiction to be anywhere close to reality. There's evidence of water (albeit, frozen) on moons in the outer solar system, and where there's water, there's life. I don't know what exists in other galaxies in the universe, but the odds are greater than not that there's a planet a similar distance to its star as we are from the sun, and if that's the case, there's probably our kind of life on it.

12 hours ago, Electrophile said:

Bigfoot: No.

Ghosts: No.

Sea Monsters: No.

Aliens: No. I believe there's other life in our solar system, but life of the microbial variety, not little green moon men in spaceships. That's too science fiction to be anywhere close to reality. There's evidence of water (albeit, frozen) on moons in the outer solar system, and where there's water, there's life. I don't know what exists in other galaxies in the universe, but the odds are greater than not that there's a planet a similar distance to its star as we are from the sun, and if that's the case, there's probably our kind of life on it.

Some life, if intelligent is simply too far away.  Distance in Astronomy is measured of course in Astronomical units. One = the distance from the Earth to the sun, approx 93 million miles.  As for distances measured in light years, 1 light year is the distance it takes light to travel in one year.  Imagine that for a minute.  Its absolutely mind boggling given light travels at the speed of 186,000 miles per second!!! Imagine how far it goes in a year!!!!  That is why life out there would be too far to reach us unless they were very much advaned in technology or perhaps they do not live for only about 100 years like us. Just imagine if their intelligent life can live as long as a turtle, some of which can live 500 years.  There are  turtles still walking around that were alive when Lincoln was the president!!!  

Lets look at your poll.  I never put my vote out there. Here is:

Bigfoot   on the fence so maybe

Ghosts   absolutely a yes

Sea Monsters, absolutely a yes if you count the Kracken.  There are Giant Squid out there.  FACT.  

Aliens   unsure but lean to yes.  And also lean to them already being here based on so many unexplained UFO's and UUPs'  or I forget the term for underwater unexplained objects.  I do not believe there is life in our solar system.  No way

33 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I do not believe there is life in our solar system.  No way

Apart from that, 100% - but the oceans known to exist under Europa may yet prove other "life" independently exists in parallel to our own - planet?

11 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

Apart from that, 100% - but the oceans known to exist under Europa may yet prove other "life" independently exists in parallel to our own - planet?

i should have clarified intelligent life.  OK. If they find micro organisms like amoeba's or protozoa, that is not what I mean.  As for the ghosts thing, I do believe in the devil and in angels

52 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

i should have clarified intelligent life.  OK. If they find micro organisms like amoeba's or protozoa, that is not what I mean.  As for the ghosts thing, I do believe in the devil and in angels

Aaaaaah, ok. I still say intelligent life within our solar system apart from our own is possible. Even intelligence within our own "system" with limited - or masked interaction is possible. Also, whales bro, whales. (pigs, dogs, birds, etc.)

BTW - no disrespect meant by this.

Edited by rm2551

48 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

Aaaaaah, ok. I still say intelligent life within our solar system apart from our own is possible. Even intelligence within our own "system" with limited - or masked interaction is possible. Also, whales bro, whales. (pigs, dogs, birds, etc.)

Reminds of a Kurt Vonnegut novella about cats being sentient, hyper-intelligent aliens.

Seriously though, there is a very good chance intelligent life, evolving under very different circumstances and elemental influence, could be so vastly different from our definition of life we may not even recognize it. Or, it could exist within the light spectrum we cannot perceive so, we simply cannot see them. So many possibilities. 

9 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I am in total agreement whales are highly intelligent and so are of course Dolphins and Octypuss and Squid

2 hours ago, Brigante said:

If karma punishes bad deeds, does it also reward good ones? Or is it a one-way thing? Serious question.

I absolutely believe it does As long as one is doing the good deed from a selfless perspective and not wanting/expecting anything in return - ever - they will get rewarded. That's been my experience, anyway. Always best to do good deeds solely because it's the right thing to do. Anything positive that comes to the person who did it should just be considered "gravy". That's my opinion, anyway.