What Do You Guys Believe Exists?

Sketchy K

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

..but what if that "life on other planets" never evolved beyond the microbial ooze phase?  What if that life developed into a 4th or 5th or 100th dimension that we, as lowly humanoids, cannot even perceive?  We never have contact with life beyond our planet.

Just askin'........ 

The most logical explanation given why we have not been contacted by alien life (if there is alien life) is that they are so far advanced in relation to us that contact with such a primitive species (us) is simply a waste of time. Kinda like a human trying to have a conversation with an ant or a bee. We have no idea how they communicate or if they have language what form of reference it has. In other words, humans are basically linear thinkers who associate words with actions and things. An alien may communicate telepathically and use emotion or another more abstract means to communicate which we simply may not be able to understand. Hell, we can't even have a conversation with a dolphin or with a whale, two species on our own planet who have language and directly communicate through the use of language.

My opinion is they just keep an eye on us to make sure we do not gain the tech to leave our solar system with any degree of efficiency. I figure if somehow we did and they became aware of this then they would indeed contact us to let us know, no bueno humans, you're not ready, you're too violent and emotional. Stay in your own back yard or else until you can evolve to where you know how to play well with others without requiring something in return.

5 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

..but what if that "life on other planets" never evolved beyond the microbial ooze phase?  What if that life developed into a 4th or 5th or 100th dimension that we, as lowly humanoids, cannot even perceive?  We never have contact with life beyond our planet.

Just askin'........ 

I agree with everything Bob said and also with your own point. Our "buddies" with the flying saucers, triangles, cigars, etc are carbon-based advanced humans. But there are likely lots of other intelligent life species that as you say aren't even carbon-based and exist on levels beyond our own perception. Probably beyond even our own conception, in terms of what our limited brains could even dream up at this point. I think with all the infinite possibilities out there, it's logical to assume that type of life form is out there. Or at a minimum, could be out there. For sure.

Not sure this is the right place for this (maybe the conspiracy thread?), but it's interesting to note that the only topic that gets the media into more of a foaming-at-the-mouth hostility than vaccine skepticism, is concern over 5G deployment.  Well, once again, we see conspiracy theory (gradually) becoming fact:

Airbus and Boeing express concerns over 5G interference in US | Aeronautics | The Guardian

And yeah, I believe EM radiation can be harmful and there are legitimate concerns about proximity to humans.  

On 1/12/2022 at 8:13 AM, SteveAJones said:

The risk of contracting Covid-19 from contaminated surfaces or objects in non-hospital indoor settings, including homes and schools, is very low—and using soap or detergent, rather than disinfectant, is sufficient to reduce risk in most cases, according to updated guidance from CDC. According to the agency, the odds of getting infected via a contaminated surface or object is "generally less than 1 in 10,000."

Thanks Steve

UFO's?    Absolutely. 

Loch Ness Monster?   Or the monsters in other Lakes?  I think the term monster is a bit off.  I do believe something is going on.  Like in Lake Ogopogo in Canada.  Lake Champlagne I have a tough time believing because of the cold weather. But so many Lakes have stories. 

Bigfoot?    I am on the fence.  Too many credible people have reports.  Like David Paulides.  What they captured on tape in the Sierra Nevada's is sure incredible. See "The Missing 411, the Hunted" ", the movie on YouTube with David Paulides.  So I think if they are out there they are rare and elusive as hell.

Sea Monsters?   The Kracken does exist. Giant Squid No doubt.  As for the Megladon sightings its really hard to believe.  But super big great whites of course are out there.

Ghosts?  Sure.  i believe.

Life after death?  Absolutely 100%.  You are going to have an eternal spiritual life after this one. I would do what is right, as a Christian and a person of strong faith.  

yeti?   Basically a cold weather Bigfoot.  Possible. 

Tazmanian Tiger?  I think there is proof that there are a few out there.

Ropen/evolved Pteradactyl?    Possible.  Many sightings of a larger reptilian like bird with no feathers and a diamond end on a long tail.  

So.  Are we back on topic?  Good!

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

14 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Not sure this is the right place for this (maybe the conspiracy thread?), but it's interesting to note that the only topic that gets the media into more of a foaming-at-the-mouth hostility than vaccine skepticism, is concern over 5G deployment.  Well, once again, we see conspiracy theory (gradually) becoming fact:

Airbus and Boeing express concerns over 5G interference in US | Aeronautics | The Guardian

And yeah, I believe EM radiation can be harmful and there are legitimate concerns about proximity to humans.  

Yeah, I think this is the right place. My all-time fav conspiracy theory - the gov hired Stanley Kubrick to film a fake moon landing. 😛

I actually think it 's not out of the realm of possibility but would never bring it up at a party 🤣 We absolutely did go to the moon (several times), spent lots of money, hired lots of people, etc. But why wouldn't the gov hire him to do that just in case shit went south once we got there - and the pilots couldn't actually touch ground up there? Or the footage they shot was not great or malfunctioned?  As a backup plan, it makes perfect sense to me.

3 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Yeah, I think this is the right place. My all-time fav conspiracy theory - the gov hired Stanley Kubrick to film a fake moon landing.

As a conspiracy theory it's entertaining but also so disrespectful to all the people who made the moon landings happen.

23 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

As a conspiracy theory it's entertaining but also so disrespectful to all the people who made the moon landings happen.

Agreed. Again, the theory is that they did (obviously) go, and lots of ingenuity and hard work made that happen - but the gov wanted a backup plan so they could sell it to the people if necessary. That's what makes it plausible, imo. I don't think the actual footage we have is fake, to be clear.

18 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Btw sorry for hijacking your post with my own conspiracy theory haha. I don't know much about the 5G topic. I do agree that EM radiation is probably harmful over the long term. No cell phones in the front pocket!

There is very compelling evidence that, even if the moon landings themselves were real, the filming was fake:

Secrets of The Shining: Or How Faking the Moon Landings Nearly Cost Stanley Kubrick his Marriage and his Life By Jay Weidner (whale.to)

Jay Weidner (archive.org)

It needs to emphasized that, from the very beginning, NASA and the Space Program were nothing more than Cold War propaganda stunts.  They served no real economic or legitimate national defense purpose, and were simply intended to one-up the Soviets.  Which is probably why, given their ghastly cost, there have been no manned moon landings since the early 70's. 

Another fun conspiracy theory (I make no attestation either way):  after (another!) grain harvest failure in 1972, the Soviets threatened to blow the whistle on the fraudulent nature of the US Space Program unless the American government (aka taxpayers) bailed out the Soviets with agricultural shipments and aid.  There is absolutely no doubt that Soviet technological advancement took place (apart from direct espionage) in large part through active assistance/collaboration with their supposed mortal enemies in the West (going back to their war with Nazi Germany), see the indispensable work of Antony Sutton (who also shows how the banksters fund both sides):

Antony Sutton - Wikispooks

52 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

There is very compelling evidence that, even if the moon landings themselves were real, the filming was fake:

Secrets of The Shining: Or How Faking the Moon Landings Nearly Cost Stanley Kubrick his Marriage and his Life By Jay Weidner (whale.to)

Jay Weidner (archive.org)

It needs to emphasized that, from the very beginning, NASA and the Space Program were nothing more than Cold War propaganda stunts.  They served no real economic or legitimate national defense purpose, and were simply intended to one-up the Soviets.  Which is probably why, given their ghastly cost, there have been no manned moon landings since the early 70's. 

Another fun conspiracy theory (I make no attestation either way):  after (another!) grain harvest failure in 1972, the Soviets threatened to blow the whistle on the fraudulent nature of the US Space Program unless the American government (aka taxpayers) bailed out the Soviets with agricultural shipments and aid.  There is absolutely no doubt that Soviet technological advancement took place (apart from direct espionage) in large part through active assistance/collaboration with their supposed mortal enemies in the West (going back to their war with Nazi Germany), see the indispensable work of Antony Sutton (who also shows how the banksters fund both sides):

Antony Sutton - Wikispooks

Yeah, I've seen that link myself. I love the Room 237 documentary as well.  It's really interesting, both as an observation of how people can get obsessive and where their brains can take them - and at the same time, there's some really legit analysis of the movie.

I looked into all the fake moon landing stuff years ago and ultimately decided it was a rabbit hole that would never give me satisfaction lol. In other words, there will never be empirical evidence to prove that theory correct so why make myself crazy about it? I think it's important (and I have a feeling you agree with me on this) to not get emotionally attached to any one point of view when it comes to all this stuff. Or with most stuff, really. But I'm a Kubrick nut (dude was a genius) so I'm always gonna have interest in all that. I absolutely think one of the layers of that film had to do with his filming a fake moon landing. But yeah, I don't know about the actual footage we've seen as being fake. It's a hard sell for me, but I also don't completely discount the possibility.

It's good for one to challenge one's own assumptions on a regular basis. I think it's healthy, actually.  

I haven't heard about the Soviet grain thing, but that's a good one! I could absolutely see that being true.

17 minutes ago, 1975NQ said:

Yeah, I've seen that link myself. I love the Room 237 documentary as well.  It's really interesting, both as an observation of how people can get obsessive and where their brains can take them - and at the same time, there's some really legit analysis of the movie.

I looked into all the fake moon landing stuff years ago and ultimately decided it was a rabbit hole that would never give me satisfaction lol. In other words, there will never be empirical evidence to prove that theory correct so why make myself crazy about it? I think it's important (and I have a feeling you agree with me on this) to not get emotionally attached to any one point of view when it comes to all this stuff. Or with most stuff, really. But I'm a Kubrick nut (dude was a genius) so I'm always gonna have interest in all that. I absolutely think one of the layers of that film had to do with his filming a fake moon landing. But yeah, I don't know about the actual footage we've seen as being fake. It's a hard sell for me, but I also don't completely discount the possibility.

It's good for one to challenge one's own assumptions on a regular basis. I think it's healthy, actually.  

I haven't heard about the Soviet grain thing, but that's a good one! I could absolutely see that being true.

I'm agnostic on the moon landing thing.  I've seen some dumb pro-hoax arguments, and some equally stupid, hysterical objections from the anti-hoax side.  Like I said, the debate distracts from the main point that the space program was a horribly expensive publicity stunt, and like many Cold War relics should have been shut down a long time ago (NATO, anyone?).

Kubrick was definitely an extremely talented film-maker, and unlike most Hollywood left/liberals was willing to step off the reservation, he might have been killed for it.  You're doubtless aware of the conspiracy theory that Eyes Wide Shut had veiled references to his filming of the moon landing.  I don't know about that, but that film unquestionably accurately portrays how the governing elites (and their Deep State attack dog) use sexual depravity as a tool of social control.

Interesting to note that the US government has joined the ranks of conspiracy theorists, at least in regards to the reality of false flags:

US Intelligence Warns of Russian False Flag to Provoke Invasion of Ukraine | ZeroHedge

You can get a Bloomberg link from here (if that's your sort of thing):

Russia Denies US Charge It's Prepping 'False Flag' Attacks To Justify Ukraine Invasion | ZeroHedge

Now that we've got that out of the way, I assume we can judge specific cases/instances by their merits?

2 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I'm agnostic on the moon landing thing.  I've seen some dumb pro-hoax arguments, and some equally stupid, hysterical objections from the anti-hoax side.  Like I said, the debate distracts from the main point that the space program was a horribly expensive publicity stunt, and like many Cold War relics should have been shut down a long time ago (NATO, anyone?

Yes, totally agree. Still glad they did it though, as it was the beginning of the space program, Sooner or later we gotta venture out, right?

2 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Kubrick was definitely an extremely talented film-maker, and unlike most Hollywood left/liberals was willing to step off the reservation, he might have been killed for it.  You're doubtless aware of the conspiracy theory that Eyes Wide Shut had veiled references to his filming of the moon landing.  I don't know about that, but that film unquestionably accurately portrays how the governing elites (and their Deep State attack dog) use sexual depravity as a tool of social control.

I am aware of that theory ...don't get me started on Eyes Wide Shut 😂😂

Nicole Kidman's dad was part of that whole MK-Ultra sex slave cabal, did you know that? That movie has so many layers, it's definitely his masterpiece. 

5 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Yes, totally agree. Still glad they did it though, as it was the beginning of the space program, Sooner or later we gotta venture out, right?

Nicole Kidman's dad was part of that whole MK-Ultra sex slave cabal, did you know that? That movie has so many layers, it's definitely his masterpiece. 

And Kidman mysteriously died while overseas....

8 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

I did not know that about her father.  Just doing a quick web search uncovers the usual connections, elite pedo rings, etc.  It'd be a whole new thread just to talk about the connections between the CIA and Hollywood.

7 hours ago, slave to zep said:

And Kidman mysteriously died while overseas....

I thought he died of a heart attack at age 75 which is pretty common. He did die in Singapore however he was an internationally known psychologist from what I have read. The MKUltra program and it's corresponding programs such as Artichoke delt with drug experiments & mind control. Dr. Cameron operating out of McGill University was using "psychic driving" techniques on several hundred subjects in the 60's & 70's which were absolutely disgusting, inhuman torture and nothing more. 

I have never heard the MKUltra program being affiliated with anything outside of mind control and I have never heard anything negative about Dr. Kidman until this thread. Anything is possible though even if highly improbable. Personally, I do not believe in some global conspiracy of the elites dealing in child abduction and molestation. Do wealthy people engage in such horrible practices? Of course, just look at Epstein who, BTW, had people going to his island from all sides of the political spectrum. Clinton, Trump, you name it. The question is were they going there for underage sex or were they going there to receive payoffs from Epstein to look the other way? It appears the "good" Prince Andy was there for the former but without actual, verifiable proof I simply cannot "assume" everyone who was around Epstein was a kiddie-diddler. One cannot be guilty simply due to association.

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

I thought he died of a heart attack at age 75 which is pretty common. He did die in Singapore however he was an internationally known psychologist from what I have read. The MKUltra program and it's corresponding programs such as Artichoke delt with drug experiments & mind control. Dr. Cameron operating out of McGill University was using "psychic driving" techniques on several hundred subjects in the 60's & 70's which were absolutely disgusting, inhuman torture and nothing more. 

I have never heard the MKUltra program being affiliated with anything outside of mind control and I have never heard anything negative about Dr. Kidman until this thread. Anything is possible though even if highly improbable. Personally, I do not believe in some global conspiracy of the elites dealing in child abduction and molestation. Do wealthy people engage in such horrible practices? Of course, just look at Epstein who, BTW, had people going to his island from all sides of the political spectrum. Clinton, Trump, you name it. The question is were they going there for underage sex or were they going there to receive payoffs from Epstein to look the other way? It appears the "good" Prince Andy was there for the former but without actual, verifiable proof I simply cannot "assume" everyone who was around Epstein was a kiddie-diddler. One cannot be guilty simply due to association.

Hmm, that's all very interesting. What I read suggested Kidman was part of a group of men who were in essentially a sex cult and used the MKUltra technique on women and possibly underage girls. I didn't do a deep dive so maybe it's all bs. In other words ... I read it on the INTERNET 😃

As far as a global conspiracy, I don't know about all that. I DO believe Kubrick was privy to some very weird and evil shit with some very, very rich/powerful people early on in his career. It probably ate away at him (as it would anyone. child abuse is evil), and he finally did something about it with EWS. He was a little too smart for his own good and got wacked for it. Is this all hypothetical? Of course it is. But the circumstances surrounding his death are way too coincidental for me. And his movie is clearly touching on sex with young girls, grooming them, etc. I mean, it's about other things as well. It's a densely layered, incredibly well-made film. 

But to your point - yeah, no hard facts regarding the Hollywood sex cabal other than the stories of young (now old) women who have been shamed and marginalized by forces more powerful than themselves. 

I could go on and on about the movie for days, but am not interested in trying to convince anyone of anything, It's just some weird shit I personally find fascinating. If other people say "nah", Im good with it. 🙂