What Do You Guys Believe Exists?

Sketchy K

7 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

No. Tea with Cold  Milk. No sugar. A Biscuit is what you call a cookie.

I don't like a Danish's. Only fatties eat donuts. Horrible , sickly sweet dollops of gloop. The only good bit is the hole in the middle

Now let's break down the difference between what chips & crisps are :hysterical:

On a side note, we used to have a chain restaurant (fast food) called Arthur Treecher's Fish & Chips back in the day which served "authentic" English-style fish & chips. They even served them in newspaper just like in good Albion. I loved that place but whenever I wanted to go and my dad was around he said, "no way, their food gives people food poisoning!" and that was that. My mom was quick to point out the Treech was fine, just slightly more expensive than McDonald's and that me dad was a cheap bastard so he made the food poisoning up to deter us from seeking the holy Treech Fish & Chips. They went out of business in the early 80's and I have yet to find an authentic English fish & chips joint in the states since 😞 

Bonus: They also provided little packets of malt vinegar for the fish, just like in London-town 🙂 

55 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Bonus: They also provided little packets of malt vinegar for the fish, just like in London-town 🙂 

Only in London?

Fish and Chips is a solid Northern experience. London, being the Capital of shit, has either dodgy Kebab shops or Restaurants that charge you £35 for 4 slices of potato cunningly disguised as Chips. One of the greatest Fish and Chip experiences is on the North East Coast of England. Whitby, has amazing places where you can pick up Fish and Chips for about 6 or 7 notes. Not £15 that you will shell out down there. Vinegar is also liberally doused on the Chips too as of course is salt.

As a side: Cod is the fish of choice. Some use Haddock or at a pinch plaice. I bet that in the Shit Hole they use Basa which besides being a staple in cat food, it's the cheapest fish known to humanity as well as the tasteless. 

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Only in London?

Fish and Chips is a solid Northern experience. London, being the Capital of shit, has either dodgy Kebab shops or Restaurants that charge you £35 for 4 slices of potato cunningly disguised as Chips. One of the greatest Fish and Chip experiences is on the North East Coast of England. Whitby, has amazing places where you can pick up Fish and Chips for about 6 or 7 notes. Not £15 that you will shell out down there. Vinegar is also liberally doused on the Chips too as of course is salt.

As a side: Cod is the fish of choice. Some use Haddock or at a pinch plaice. I bet that in the Shit Hole they use Basa which besides being a staple in cat food, it's the cheapest fish known to humanity as well as the tasteless. 

Hey now, I was just generalizing for the non-UK punters out there. Ya have to understand the American education system, most know of only one town in the UK...London. You think most of us thick Yanks would know what Tyneside or Weardale is much less where? Maybe a few may of heard of Newcastle, but even that's a stretch.

Yes, cod is the go-to for proper fish and chips. I am a serious fish and chips freak, love the stuff. There is a restaurant on Coronado Island (off the coast of San Diego, CA) called The Brigantine which has without a doubt the best fish and chips in the states. At least as far as the ones I have tasted 🙂 

Maaaan, reading about fish and chips from the north east coast in England makes me think back to what we used to have here, in Sydney where I grew up. There were quite a few traditional "Milk Bar" take-away fish and chips / hamburger shops. almost every suburb had one and the best ones were typically run by a Greek family. The fat, greasy vinegar soaked chips and really well battered fresh fish. Or a magnificent hamburger with the obligatory beetroot, cheese, bacon, egg, and pineapple ring (one with the lot) Gawd I miss them places. There aren't any up here, and I'm sure even back in Sydney they are a rarity.

Fuck I'm hungry right now all of a sudden.....

19 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

No. Tea with Cold  Milk. No sugar. A Biscuit is what you call a cookie.

I don't like a Danish's. Only fatties eat donuts. Horrible , sickly sweet dollops of gloop. The only good bit is the hole in the middle

So they do have them there?  So just because you do not like them does not mean others don't.  I think you know that but need reminding?  Do they sell there?  Or are your "biscuits" the in thing?  Here is a bisquit is used with chicken and strawberry shortcake.  Not really ever in the morning.  But its not just donuts here.  Of course just toast at home, but if you  are going through a drive thru, its coffee or tea with either a donut or muffin (very popular, blueberry, banana nut and choc chip),   and of course these English muffin breakfast sandwich's with bacon or sausage and egg and cheese.  Bagels are  very big too.  With cream cheese

19 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Now let's break down the difference between what chips & crisps are :hysterical:

On a side note, we used to have a chain restaurant (fast food) called Arthur Treecher's Fish & Chips back in the day which served "authentic" English-style fish & chips. They even served them in newspaper just like in good Albion. I loved that place but whenever I wanted to go and my dad was around he said, "no way, their food gives people food poisoning!" and that was that. My mom was quick to point out the Treech was fine, just slightly more expensive than McDonald's and that me dad was a cheap bastard so he made the food poisoning up to deter us from seeking the holy Treech Fish & Chips. They went out of business in the early 80's and I have yet to find an authentic English fish & chips joint in the states since 😞 

I remember Arthur Treachers.  It was like Long Johnsilver's.  Deep fried big time. Everything is deep fried.  As much as I love fish, and they likely used Pollock over Haddock, Ill pass

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I remember Arthur Treachers.  It was like Long Johnsilver's.  Deep fried big time. Everything is deep fried.  As much as I love fish, and they likely used Pollock over Haddock, Ill pass

Well, it is fish & chips so deep frying is kinda the point. They did use Cod up until the Cod War of the late 70's at which point they served Pollock as the price of Cod had quadrupled as a result. This is what caused the end of Arthur Treachers as the franchise owners expected Cod but got Pollock which resulted in lawsuits, bankruptcy, being bought out, reorganization, etc. There is still a single location left in Ohio.

Edited by BobDobbs

On 12/29/2021 at 10:11 AM, BobDobbs said:

Well, it is fish & chips so deep frying is kinda the point. They did use Cod up until the Cod War of the late 70's at which point they served Pollock as the price of Cod had quadrupled as a result. This is what caused the end of Arthur Treachers as the franchise owners expected Cod but got Pollock which resulted in lawsuits, bankruptcy, being bought out, reorganization, etc. There is still a single location left in Ohio.

Pollack used in imitation crab 🦀

Best chips I ever had were in York in 2007. Never forgot em.
Many chip shops fry their chips in vegetable oil these days - to which, I call bullshit!
Fry em in beef dripping or they ain't chips - they're half-done bits of limp potato. 
Put the vinegar on em before the salt, too, that way the salt sticks on the chips.
Chip butty? It's like this: white breadcake (no, it's not a cob or a barm, it's a breadcake!) cut in half, butter on both insides, hot chips on the bottom bit, vinegar, salt, put the top half of the breadcake on, away you go.
I'm from Yorkshire - this is serious, man!

Oh - and cod between two slices of potato in batter isn't a 'Yorkshire Fishcake'.
It's just a fishcake - that's what a real fishcake is, man.
That abomination they have down south with chopped-up fish in breadcrumbs isn't a fishcake at all - it's a rissole! 😉

Edited by Brigante

• 2 weeks later...

That there is a significant portion of the population which is completely batshit nuts and extremely obsessive about absolute rubbish. Just head on over to the COVID thread for proof positive, three guys obsessively posting absolute insanity. The latest is simply golden in its level of fear, stupidity, and idiocy. When you devolve to satansim and "hidden messages" in corporate logos you know the shark has been jumped. These dimwits should read up on how symbology with magick works and it appropriate application in reference to a much larger making or ritual. Instead, they point to what amounts to a 16 year old in Econ 101 drawing Zoso on his notebook and the teacher claiming SATAN!!!!!!

Just page after page of mental masturbation / circle jerk, old white guy, get off my lawn, old timey CRAZY 🤪

12 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

That there is a significant portion of the population which is completely batshit nuts and extremely obsessive about absolute rubbish. Just head on over to the COVID thread for proof positive, three guys obsessively posting absolute insanity. The latest is simply golden in its level of fear, stupidity, and idiocy. When you devolve to satansim and "hidden messages" in corporate logos you know the shark has been jumped. These dimwits should read up on how symbology with magick works and it appropriate application in reference to a much larger making or ritual. Instead, they point to what amounts to a 16 year old in Econ 101 drawing Zoso on his notebook and the teacher claiming SATAN!!!!!!

Just page after page of mental masturbation / circle jerk, old white guy, get off my lawn, old timey CRAZY 🤪

It is entertaining though.  Their parents probably obsessed over Reverend Tilton a generation ago.  I've always viewed those people as nothing but an edge.  Life decisions must be a lot tougher when you're bogged down and obsessed with the imaginary.  Reminds me of Houdini trying to convince people seances weren't real over a hundred years ago.  Why listen to a magician?  The real sad part in this episode is this...

Reminds me of a friend who after 9/11 told us fuck those firemen.  They finally had to do their jobs.  I guess health care workers concerns are political and financial too.  I mean, imagine all the overtime they're making! 

Beaumont-plea.png

Edited by Bong-Man

10 hours ago, slave to zep said:

That there is a significant portion of the population which is completely batshit nuts and extremely obsessive about repeating what they've been told by their governments, pharmaceutical giants, big tec and big business. 

Not sure what you are referring to as that is typically not the case. Most people who have been vaccinated did not do so out of blind obedience, they did it because the science was sound. Most people do not trust pharma, big tech, or big business for the obvious reasons, unregulated capitalistic free markets breed corruption, it's all about the money.

The truth is the only conspiracy of merit is how pharma is making a whale of money on this even though we, the taxpayers, paid for over 95% of the R&D. IMO if we paid for the development, the pharma companies should be manufacturing and distributing for free since they have been abusing this system for decades and becoming wealthy off the corpses of honest tax payers via the opioid crisis and other blatant abuses. Any idea this is about control is proof the majority of these conspiracies are simply nonsense. Most nations have come to the conclusion the US did right after WWII and that is a totalitarian set up is simply not very good for business. The US and countries like the US are the master of the "long game" and the long game simply cannot be played in a repressive environment. The illusion of freedom and choice is essential, the government must give at least a little in order to allow business to rob everyone to the fullest extent. If your population is not buying stuff, the machine will break, plain and simple.

The ONLY control the government wants is control over your money and assets which they have done very successfully with the cooperation of business. It really is that simple. Look at the world. The Soviet Union collapsed because totalitarianism is bad for the economy and their economy essentially collapsed as a result. Vietnam turned to a free market economy in 1989 and is now one of the most successful nations on the planet. Cuba is trying to implement free market changes but with the west still refusing trade we are essentially forcing Cuba to remain as they are instead of evolving like other past totalitarian nations have. Even China utilizes a weird hybrid, mixed economy system which utilizes free trade and somewhat open markets, especially if it exploits the West.

Now do I believe this COVID is being blown out of proportion? It depends on your perspective. If you are under 65 and healthy then most likely yes, it is being blown way out of proportion. If you are over 65 or have health issues you are likely rather upset people are placing you and people like you at risk. So for me the truth is in the middle. Steve is correct about one thing, we should be laser focused on the groups / cohorts which are mostly affected by the COVID first and foremost. If a person who is healthy does not want to get the vaccine fine, no problem, however they need to be masked in public and tested to avoid transmission to vulnerable groups. This is not controversial, it's common sense. The facts are clear, if you are un-vaccinated and part of the cohort(s) at risk, you are much more likely to he hospitalized and possibly die vs. vaccinated. Of course a vaccinated person can get COVID just like a person who gets the flu vaccine can still get the flu. The point is if you get it you don't get gravely ill or die. Then we have the ancillary affects such as COVID patients taking up all the hospital resources so your Aunt Ruth or whoever cannot get the chemo for their cancer treatments or get an appendectomy for an inflamed appendix which in turn is causing death rates for other issues to rise.

In closing I also need to point out the tone and tenor of the posts. The people here who believe this conspiracy rubbish as mostly insulting, demeaning, and 100% dismissive of any other viewpoint. Those on the opposite side are mostly just posting facts and getting a bit snarky in response to endless insults and downright nasty comments more akin to 8chan & a 1918 Klan meeting. Therin lay the difference. If we could only discuss the topic calmly without insults but alas, it appears that is impossible.

14 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

In closing I also need to point out the tone and tenor of the posts. The people here who believe this conspiracy rubbish as mostly insulting, demeaning, and 100% dismissive of any other viewpoint. Those on the opposite side are mostly just posting facts and getting a bit snarky in response to endless insults and downright nasty comments more akin to 8chan & a 1918 Klan meeting. Therin lay the difference. If we could only discuss the topic calmly without insults but alas, it appears that is impossible.

Just posting this bit, because you might want to read it again.

POT.

KETTLE.

BLACK.

In Australia,  the vast majority of people had the vax to

1: go to the pub

2: travel

3: keep their job.

Fully vaccinated can still get covid and transmit covid.

Fully vaccinated are getting serious adverse reactions,  even dying.

Children are of no risk to anyone but are getting mandated.....

This is serious shit.

You want to take the vaccine? Go for it, but don't make me wear a raincoat to keep you dry 

9 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Just posting this bit, because you might want to read it again.

POT.

KETTLE.

BLACK.

In Australia,  the vast majority of people had the vax to

1: go to the pub

2: travel

3: keep their job.

Fully vaccinated can still get covid and transmit covid.

Fully vaccinated are getting serious adverse reactions,  even dying.

Children are of no risk to anyone but are getting mandated.....

This is serious shit.

You want to take the vaccine? Go for it, but don't make me wear a raincoat to keep you dry 

Please show an example of a single post from me where I am insulting to anyone in a similar manner. I have never made a misogynistic post, a racist post, or a post about magical beings which do not exist as a means of excuse. Or how about a post where I being in the US claim to know what's going on in other countries better than the people who live there. 

Go for it, I shall patiently wait.

I have no issue if you don't want to get vaccinated, however I do have issue with misinformation being spread such as your claim about COVID not affecting children as currently there are over 150,000 hospitalized in the US with COVID but, that's just a lie right? All those health care workers are all part of a larger conspiracy. Yeah, sure, ok. Also, you claim the vaccinated are dying as a result of the vaccine, please show me a peer reviewed study showing the mortality rate of any COVID vaccine vs. other vaccines which show a trend toward a higher mortality rate than the average. Oh that's right, there are none. Can people die from the vaccine? Of course. Some people will die from eating a single onion too but no one is pulling onions because it is very rare to die from an onion. Nothing is 100% and I mean nothing. You do the best to mitigate potential affects and prevent spreading to others especially the vulnerable. I do not wear a mask to protect myself, I do it to protect those who are vulnerable, same with the vaccine. I am a 53 year old guy with zero health issues and in better shape than most 20 year old athletes, it is highly unlikely COVID will present as anything more than a minor flu for me, however me mum is going to be 80, and there are unhealthy people, old people, people with co-morbidities which it may affect greatly. Is asking for a bit of empathy for ones fellow humans such a big ask? Is it really an infringement on your freedom to simply have some compassion for those less fortunate? I ask because I have been personally affected by COVID as my 85 year old (now 86) mother in law was hospitalized for four months and almost died and that was December 2020 - March 2021 and she is still having long-term affects. A former co-workers 48 year old father died of COVID in 2019. My sisters-in-law's partner just came back from the hospital after having COVID and almost dying. Are you saying all of this is BS or are you saying some peoples lives hold less meaning and value compared to others?

The unfortunate fact is all it takes is for someone close to you to get it and either die, almost die, or suffer from ongoing symptoms for months for their perspective to suddenly change. Kinda like all those anti-vaxxers who wind up on a vent in the hospital with their anti-vaxxer relatives all around them crying, saying, "we were soooo wrong, we should have gotten the vaccine and now so and so is on a vent and my die." 

That's the problem with most people, little to no empathy for others outside their direct sphere and they only "get it" when it directly affects them.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:31 AM, BobDobbs said:

Not sure what you are referring to as that is typically not the case. Most people who have been vaccinated did not do so out of blind obedience, they did it because the science was sound.

You need to be doing stand up comedy. Most people who have been vaccinated did so because first they were manipulated by their fucking governments to believe the future of civilization was at stake if they didn't, and then they were told it was ESSENTIAL TO DO SO for society to return to normal and then they were told do it or your going to be fired from your job and unable to travel. I think now it's something along the lines of do it or you may as well be committed to a leper colony.

3 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I do have issue with misinformation being spread such as your claim about COVID not affecting children as currently there are over 150,000 hospitalized in the US with COVID but, that's just a lie right?

He meant to say LESS THAN 5,000. :rolleyes:

FACT CHECK: Are There Over 100,000 Children Hospitalized With COVID-19 In The US? | Check Your Fact 

4 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Or how about a post where I being in the US claim to know what's going on in other countries better than the people who live there. 

Go for it, I shall patiently wait.

Since you ask so nicely, here is a post of yours that fit quite well:

Actually surprised Austria is doing this as they are a coalition government with the President a Green Party Member and the Chancellor the head of the Peoples Party. The Peoples Party is a Christian conservative, anti-socialist party and Austria has seen a resurgence of fascist / Nazi groups over the past 10 years. They are not a liberal country as the OVP holds the majority of minster positions and both Chancellery ministers are OVP, instead they are very conservative.

I guess it's getting bad when even the semi-fascists go full lockdown. However, with the situation of Belarus shipping refugees to the Polish border and the chaos that is causing, maybe they are being proactive with the likelihood of a bunch of un-vaccinated refugees trying to get into Austria?

Obviously this wasn´t your finest hour since every single sentence is peppered with nonsense and ignorance.

Don´t get me wrong, I am not complaining or I didn´t feel offended, in fact I was quite amused. Don´t worry, I know you can do better than that, a lot better.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Nice spin there Steve, the article points out (toward the end of course) that Sotomayor was referring to the total juvenile hospitalizations since August 2021, not how may children are currently hospitalized. My language was indeed wrong as I should have said total hospitalizations and not current.

How about you answer the pressing question I keep asking that you seem to gloss over: Are elderly lives or the lives of the sick less important than other lives? You keep saying 98% recover but what about the 2% which, BTW, amounts to only 7,000,000 US citizens potentially dying. Is that 7 million just "thinning the heard" and thus irrelevant? What if one of the dead or "long-haulers" was a family member or friend of yours? Would you be so quick to tell them, "Hey, no biggie, 98% survive so...sucks to be you."

21 minutes ago, Autumn Moon said:

Since you ask so nicely, here is a post of yours that fit quite well:

Actually surprised Austria is doing this as they are a coalition government with the President a Green Party Member and the Chancellor the head of the Peoples Party. The Peoples Party is a Christian conservative, anti-socialist party and Austria has seen a resurgence of fascist / Nazi groups over the past 10 years. They are not a liberal country as the OVP holds the majority of minster positions and both Chancellery ministers are OVP, instead they are very conservative.

I guess it's getting bad when even the semi-fascists go full lockdown. However, with the situation of Belarus shipping refugees to the Polish border and the chaos that is causing, maybe they are being proactive with the likelihood of a bunch of un-vaccinated refugees trying to get into Austria?

Obviously this wasn´t your finest hour since every single sentence is peppered with nonsense and ignorance.

Don´t get me wrong, I am not complaining or I didn´t feel offended, in fact I was quite amused. Don´t worry, I know you can do better than that, a lot better.

Fair enough, how about you point out exactly what was factually wrong with the post as I got all the information from current, verifiable sources including the country of Austria's home page. So are you claiming Karl Nehammer is not a member of the Austrian Peoples Party, which is a conservative right-wing party firmly against immigration and muslims in particular. Please let me know what part of either this or the post from months ago are incorrect and I will inform the Austrian government of the errors on their website along with other such sources such as a cousin of mine who has been an Austrian citizen for over 30 years. 

Lastly, I was not rebutting say, YOU, in a post about your country which is what I was referring to. Just like now, I am not claiming I know more about your country than you do, I am simply asking what part(s) of my OP are factually wrong. 

Edited by BobDobbs

Elderly people die.

Elderly people often die from influenza and other respiratory illnesses. 

Elderly people with co- morbidities and influenza and other respiratory illnesses die more often.

These people , along with covid positive(or other infectious diseases) positives, should isolate themselves, take Vitamin D3, C, Zinc, Quercetin,  melatonin, aspirin and get fresh air and sunshine .

Locking down the healthy,  low risk  population is absurd.

Mandating vaccines that don't do the job, AND have adverse effects is absurd and criminal.

Myocarditis and pericarditis were rare events two years ago.

Heart attacks in children were EXTREMELY  rare two years ago.

Any other drug/vaccine  would have been banned looooong ago.

Again, you wanna wear a raincoat, umbrella and gum boots? Go for it.

Don't make me wear them to keep you dry.