• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Yeah, I agree, we do have the Libertarians and I lean toward that party line...however there are some flaws in their approach also and unfortunatley....they've never been able to get the public excited about their candidates. I HAVE voted Libertarian in the past...unfortunatley, most people think it's a wasted vote.... :(

Thats what my dad said. But then I said to him, "A Republican vote in Michigan is a wasted vote too dad, we'll go Democrat again." He agreed.

To me, every third party is another vote for change, which is what, I think, this country is in dire need of, yes?

Well I would say "It's not a wasted vote, if they get ten percent they get federal matching funds in the next election" except that they have pledged not to take federal matching funds! Don't give up, Libertarians are the largest and winningest third party. Except that this year their candidate is an ex-republican from Georgia who has spent his entire career as a Libertarian apologizing for his entire career as a Republican. Too bad Ron Paul jumped ship!

Ron Paul has an important role. He's Republican to keep himself in Congress. He asks the tough questions and votes with his heart. With all the publicity he got this year, maybe a jump to the Libertarian Party would give it more credibility as a potential party, and people would start voting for it...hopefully anywho

One can only hope B)

Who will be the next president?

Some stupid wealthy politician with ties to multinational corporations, of course!

Never anyone who could relate to any of us average, regular (working for a living) citizens.

Time for a third party?

This may sound stupid.

but Bush could be the most normal president we ever had.

and according to some, he has not been so good.

Yes, i know about his father and yale.

but the guy acts like a regular Joe and they kill him on it. If Bush acted like Obama in 2000, gore would be president and thats why Bush won.

So im going to take the stance that I may not want a average person as president. It should be someone we should look up to, to lead us. I voted for Bush because Gore was a robot, I wanted McCain in 2000. and i dislike McCain now, and like Bush. I still hate dems.

It's called you smear me, I will smear you. It goes both ways, the Obama camp is guilty of it too. That is why you have to look at more then what is going on right now. Look at how bipartisan McCain has been in his Senate voting on many hard issues. Then, look at how many times Obama failed to even cast votes and when he did it was always straight down the ol' party line. Unfortunately, from now till election day the whole process will digress into smear campains from both sides. That is why it is so important to see what the two candidates have stood for over their careers. McCain has stood fast, voting and supporting by what he feels is best for our Country, going with both Democrats and Republicans. A rare bipartisan politician. Obama on the other hand, while he may be a nice person has not even shown up for many, many votes and when he has he has voted straight down the old party line each and every time. He talks change, but his one sided voting (when he was there) shows politics as usual, not change at all.

I'm not arguing his record srplane. Perhaps I've missed the smear campaigns that the Obama camp has been creating...can you provide some examples please? I posted only 4, I have yet to see one of Obama trashing McCain. Not to say they don't exsist but It'll be easier to believe if I see it....

This may sound stupid.

but Bush could be the most normal president we ever had.

and according to some, he has not been so good.

Yes, i know about his father and yale.

but the guy acts like a regular Joe and they kill him on it. If Bush acted like Obama in 2000, gore would be president and thats why Bush won.

So im going to take the stance that I may not want a average person as president. It should be someone we should look up to, to lead us. I voted for Bush because Gore was a robot, I wanted McCain in 2000. and i dislike McCain now, and like Bush. I still hate dems.

Hey! I'd LOVE to sit down and drink with ole Georgie and maybe even have a toke or two. I like him too! I just don't like him running our Country!

I'm sorry people...But it's gunna be Obama.

Europe sealed the deal.

McCain with his add's.

lol Britney Spears and Paris Hilton...

Well, it IS the Britneys and the Paris's and the Enrons of the world that will benefit from his tax proposals so.....

Interesting...his economic advisor is the guy that WROTE the Enron loophole...which is still in place by the way.

Now I wonder how much taxes Enron paid vs. what those thieves ran out the door with....

Under the Rebuplican tax schema Malcolm Forbes has stated his Executive Assistant pays more taxes than HE does...go figure...yeah economic trickle down...um hum....

I'm sorry people...But it's gunna be Obama.

Europe sealed the deal.

McCain with his add's.

lol Britney Spears and Paris Hilton...

agreed. I find it very sad that McCain put out that ad trying to compare Barack Obama to Brittney Spears and Paris Hilton. It is a very desparate move for the McCain camp. Just plain sad.

It's called you smear me, I will smear you. It goes both ways, the Obama camp is guilty of it too. That is why you have to look at more then what is going on right now. Look at how bipartisan McCain has been in his Senate voting on many hard issues. Then, look at how many times Obama failed to even cast votes and when he did it was always straight down the ol' party line. Unfortunately, from now till election day the whole process will digress into smear campains from both sides. That is why it is so important to see what the two candidates have stood for over their careers. McCain has stood fast, voting and supporting by what he feels is best for our Country, going with both Democrats and Republicans. A rare bipartisan politician. Obama on the other hand, while he may be a nice person has not even shown up for many, many votes and when he has he has voted straight down the old party line each and every time. He talks change, but his one sided voting (when he was there) shows politics as usual, not change at all.

109th Congress

McCain missed 58 votes / cast 587 votes

Obama missed 11 votes / cast 634 votes

110th Congress

McCain missed 399 votes / cast 231 votes

Obama missed 282 votes / cast 348 votes

There will be plenty of negative campaining on both sides before it's over. McCain is starting early but nobama's hands aren't clean either.

*click*

Ahhh, thank you! Obama used the word 'fueled' when he was refering to less than 2%....a misleading word to use for sure. Relatively minor though.

Don't you love that site!? It is my fave site to get a true picture without bias....

109th Congress

McCain missed 58 votes / cast 587 votes

Obama missed 11 votes / cast 634 votes

110th Congress

McCain missed 399 votes / cast 231 votes

Obama missed 282 votes / cast 348 votes

Well there ya go! Reality check!! B)

Hey! I'd LOVE to sit down and drink with ole Georgie and maybe even have a toke or two. I like him too! I just don't like him running our Country!

I sort of had my suspicians something was WRONG WITH YOU.

However, I thought it was psychological. But you have just confirmed your a drug addict.

Hugs not drugs, bottom out and detox.

Now I'm not saying this to be mean or judgemental, I just think it's great advice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a load of BS. A few tokes makes you a drug addict? Does having a beer make you an alcoholic?

That OK UB....we need to consider the source :rolleyes:

I do find it amusing that he and his "mate" have both actually went to the extent of phsycoanalyzing me!! Flattering! I just think that their lives must be a tad boring if that's what they do for fun. <_<

Somethings wrong with me :lol: probably more than one thing. Unlike some people on this board I never claim to be perfect or have all the answers.

What I DO know is....I'm not a lonely person who needs to use this board as a dating/flirting service. I'm in a healthy relationship thank you. I earn an honest wage thank you. I own my home, my car and my life thank you. I have friends that would do anything for me, a nice 401K plan on top of other finanical investments and I travel when I want to thank you. I smoke a little weed now and then thank you. Oh guess what?! I take valium sometimes too! I find that it makes some people more tolerable. In the words of our dear Electrophile...Speedracer "Deal with it!"

I don't need or want your medical or phsyciatric advice....so please...unless I ask for it, refrain from giving it.

Thank you! :hippy:

OH! Adding.... :lol::lol::lol:

Read the last line. I would leave it up to the rehab professionals if it were me.

Plus.

Read the last line, I was ribbing her...I think Manders can take a joke...

Looks like rain. I need the Mach V washed anyways.

Rehab professionals :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

They tried to make me go to rehab I said "No, No, No!"

Umm, when you wash that Mach make sure you save enough water to get that brown stuff off your nose...

I hope Manderss feels the same way when I say I don't mind being confused with her, she's a lovely person!!

Archived