The Ten Most Annoying Singers

Jahfin

Speaking of Plant, there are few high pitched voices that I really like. But he gets away with it. Definitely.

In my list of annoying singers is the guy in Smashing Pumpkins, Freddie Mercury, the Morrisett-girl from Canada, Tina Turner, John Fogerty, Johnny Van Zant (NOT Ronnie!), the Limp Bisquit dude, Whitney Houston (and the other voice gymnastics), the guy in Velvet Revolver and that 90's copy cat grunge band (whatever their name was..) and the dude in Scorpions.

Some of these, like Fogerty and Tina Turner, I think is great in small doses (same goes for Axl Rose).

Speaking of Plant, there are few high pitched voices that I really like. But he gets away with it. Definitely.

In my list of annoying singers is the guy in Smashing Pumpkins, Freddie Mercury, the Morrisett-girl from Canada, Tina Turner, John Fogerty, Johnny Van Zant (NOT Ronnie!), the Limp Bisquit dude, Whitney Houston (and the other voice gymnastics), the guy in Velvet Revolver and that 90's copy cat grunge band (whatever their name was..) and the dude in Scorpions.

Some of these, like Fogerty and Tina Turner, I think is great in small doses (same goes for Axl Rose).

Freddie Mercury, annoying?

Are you serious?

His voice on Bohemian Rhapsody, annoying?

No, just the best ever on the best song ever;and I think he is a bit better than"the morriset-girl from Canada".....

Are you serious?

No, just the best ever on the best song ever;and I think he is a bit better than"the morriset-girl from Canada".....

Very serious. I understand that he is a great vocalist (I'm not deaf), but that doesn't necessary mean I like his voice. He sure is totally different from Morrisett (or whatever the spelling is). I didn't say they were equal in any other way than their voices annoyes me. I do like a couple of songs by him and Queen, but not many..

Are you serious?

Hi 'goldenguitar'

I must say that he annoyed the fcuk out of me from everything after "Seven Seas of Rhye", and even that song could have done without the "Oh we do like to be beside the seaside" bit at the end, the most annoying and totally pompous and over the top singer that i have ever heard, the other three musicians in the group could have made a bigger impact on the "Serious Rock Music Scene" if they had ditched the "Fag" and had a "Cigar" like Robert Plant as their front man, just my honest opinion you understand? ;)

Regards, Danny

"Freddie Mercury" best ever singer?

"Bohemian Rhapsody" best song ever?

BIGDANS plonker is being pulled, BIGTIME. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 'goldenguitar'

I must say that he annoyed the fcuk out of me from everything after "Seven Seas of Rhye", and even that song could have done without the "Oh we do like to be beside the seaside" bit at the end, the most annoying and totally pompous and over the top singer that i have ever heard, the other three musicians in the group could have made a bigger impact on the "Serious Rock Music Scene" if they had ditched the "Fag" and had a "Cigar" like Robert Plant as their front man, just my honest opinion you understand? ;)

Regards, Danny

Could you tell me what you call the "serious rock music scene"?

"Freddie Mercury" best ever singer?

"Bohemian Rhapsody" best song ever?

BIGDANS plonker is being pulled, BIGTIME. :lol:

• 3 months later...

I say this as a big Dylan fan but I'm guessing you haven't heard any of his newer albums and/or haven't seen him in concert in recent years. His voice has detoriated to the point where it's not uncommon to see fans flocking out after only a few songs. Just ask anyone that was in attendance at his Austin City Limits set last year.

I was excited to see him a couple of years ago. I could not understand a word he sang/said/mumbled, and he reworked the songs so drastically, I had no idea what song he was playing. I left after a few songs. That is the first time I ever left during a show.

Besides the obvious ones - meaning lots of recent so-called "artists" - I really can't seem to get into Neil Young. Although I have a great deal of respect for him, it's just something about his voice that I find unpleasing.

There are others too, but I guess those are just phases that everyone goes through. I sometimes can't listen to more than 2 or 3 songs featuring Axl Rose or Brian Johnson although Guns N' Roses and AC/DC are two of my favorite bands. Ever!

Besides the obvious ones - meaning lots of recent so-called "artists" - I really can't seem to get into Neil Young. Although I have a great deal of respect for him, it's just something about his voice that I find unpleasing.

There are others too, but I guess those are just phases that everyone goes through. I sometimes can't listen to more than 2 or 3 songs featuring Axl Rose or Brian Johnson although Guns N' Roses and AC/DC are two of my favorite bands. Ever!

i can understand that about neil

just saw him bout a month ago.......loved it

things were too tight to get pics thoughangry.gif

The Warhead Challenge: how long can you last?

-Me: About eighteen seconds, the majority of which contained no vocals. :o

That list needs to be updated :D

Not only saying this "band" specifically, but "bands" in general that have the singer doing what ever it is you call that ^^^^ :slapface:

Serenity NOW!

I think I just grew a tumor listening to that :angry:

The Warhead Challenge: how long can you last?

-Me: About eighteen seconds, the majority of which contained no vocals. :o

That list needs to be updated :D

Not only saying this "band" specifically, but "bands" in general that have the singer doing what ever it is you call that ^^^^ :slapface:

Serenity NOW!

I think I just grew a tumor listening to that :angry:

Wow! I actually listened for a whole minute. I wish they would let these guys loose on Justin Bieber!

Wow, big call Lunacy.

I second that Yoko Ono should definitely be on that list. Also not a fan of the guy from Rage Against the Machine.

I agree with the first part. C'mon, Steven Tyler? I can take the Rage guy in doses.

It's Freddie Mercury not Freddy, moreover he can't be included in this list, unless you have bad musical tastes or a bad sense of humor, or perhaps both....

I'm a fan of Rush and I have no problem with someone mentioning Geddy Lee I can see how some people might find his voice annoying but I like it. It's personal taste not everyone is going to like the same thing you do.

As for me I find Axl Rose and James Hetfield's vocals annoying.

Archived