Why is Life Boring?

facetious11

Sometimes I just gotta let it out. :( For me, right now, life is boring. Everything that i do, nomatter if i love it or not, is just boring to me. I go to school for 7 hours a day, i come home at 3:30, and am just bored. Even with things I like, it seems that life is just no fun anymore. I come home and i stare at pictures of an amp I like or a new guitar, but is that really gonna change anything. I dont wanna talk to anyone, I just want to be left alone. The only time I seem happy is when im around some of my freinds and thats only some of the time at school. I have lots of freinds, and am pretty popular, but they never really wanna hang out afterschool and stuff. They dont invite me over, or seem to remember me when im not right there. Anyways, I dont know wuts wrong, because sometimes I am super hyper, but mostley just blah.Thanks for listening

I go through periods like that myself. Have you tried walking or something like that? How about video games? Have you tried to invite your friends over?

Yes, I have invited them over, I used to think that we were really good freinds, there were 3 of us, but they always invite eachother over and im forgotten :( , video games become boring also. I might try to start excercising, i hear that helps, but it takes some hard pursuasion to get me to run.

Yes, I have invited them over, I used to think that we were really good freinds, there were 3 of us, but they always invite eachother over and im forgotten :( , video games become boring also. I might try to start excercising, i hear that helps, but it takes some hard pursuasion to get me to run.

I always find a nice walk relaxes the mind and body. You can always come on here and talk to us if you get really bored. :D

I was in the same situation last summer, and what really helped me was playing and practicing my drums. Maybe you should consider getting yourself that guitar?

I have a semi decent guitar, been playin for 1.5 yrs now, but everytime i think of that guitar i get depreseed because its ALOT of money and I feel that it is way too good for me and I know I dont need that much of a guitar if I am still a beginner/intermediate.

I asked one of my "best freinds" if he wanted to come over last weekend, but he said he MIGHT be doing"something", and I asked what. He says"uh idk", I knew he didnt want to come over because he didnt even ask his parents. Same thing with another "best freind" i asked him to come over, he said ok. I told him to call me back on when he wants to come, I got no call.

I just spent the last six hours playing Grand Theft Auto IV. The only reason I'm not still playing is food, and my necks hurting from dodgeball earlier today.

Boredom can be cured fairly easily, you just gotta know where to look

Its not just that im bored, its that i find everything boring, does that make sense?

Look, I am in the same situation as you. I can rarely go out because I have strict parents, even if my friends invite me over, though. I am cooped up in this house, and I am in high school.

So, I look forward to how very near in the future, I'll be 18, and I'll have more freedom with what I want to do. When you become more independent, you'll be able to find more friends that are easier to hang out with

As for now, hang in there, and just explore what you can do that isn't boring to you.

I understand how it's to be disappointed in your friends, just don't pay attention on them. You said you have a lot of friends, you are popular, you should start to communicate with someone else! I think, you don't need such friends which always forget about you. I'm sure, you'll find new ones.

;)

Sometimes I just gotta let it out. :( For me, right now, life is boring. Everything that i do, nomatter if i love it or not, is just boring to me. I go to school for 7 hours a day, i come home at 3:30, and am just bored. Even with things I like, it seems that life is just no fun anymore. I come home and i stare at pictures of an amp I like or a new guitar, but is that really gonna change anything. I dont wanna talk to anyone, I just want to be left alone. The only time I seem happy is when im around some of my freinds and thats only some of the time at school. I have lots of freinds, and am pretty popular, but they never really wanna hang out afterschool and stuff. They dont invite me over, or seem to remember me when im not right there. Anyways, I dont know wuts wrong, because sometimes I am super hyper, but mostley just blah.Thanks for listening

Jack off more.

^^ :hysterical::rolleyes:

I understand how it's to be disappointed in your friends, just don't pay attention on them. You said you have a lot of friends, you are popular, you should start to communicate with someone else! I think, you don't need such friends which always forget about you. I'm sure, you'll find new ones.

;)

I agree, social contact is important. Activities with friends always take priority in my mind...maybe you need some new friends that will actually hang out with you. New people can be fun, even if it's daunting at first. Sometimes you just have to suck it up, slap a smile on your face, and say hi to people. Maybe this is one of those times.

I think its important to find active friendships...not just hello, goodbye and christmas parties or whatever. Its either happening, or it isnt...when your friends with people who want to go out and do things, well thats priceless. Btw, one can find themselves bored at any time of life,...although once friends are married/with kids then time is a different thing altogether, your not gonna hear from those friends much anymore.

Clinical depression (also called major depressive disorder or unipolar depression) is a psychiatric disorder, characterized by a pervasive low mood, loss of interest in usual activities and diminished ability to experience pleasure.

That sounds like me :(

Is it depression?

Archived