Robert Plant on C4 shortly

Very, very nice segment. I like Robert saying, "it was an incredulous idea" about him getting together with Miss K. :)

You lucky folks in Britain are being virtually slathered with Zep interviews and appearances -- I'm so jealous!

I'm tellin' ya - it's gonna be a MAJOR let down to Zep fans everywhere should Robert stick to his guns and not continue to tour with Zep members in any fashion. I'm a huge fan myself but I'm trying to be realistic about this O2 thing being anything but what it is - a 1 time, 90 minute gig and a final farewell.

Get ready people...hope for the best but steady yourselfs!

Thanks. Notice the Zep 1 pic on the wall?

I noticed that! Very cool.

I got a bit of a scare before because my mate rang up and said she just saw the tail-end of that report on the news and thought he was dead!

So I had to come online and check.

Phew!

God knows when I'd have found my way over here though if it weren't for that silly false alarm.

I'm tellin' ya - it's gonna be a MAJOR let down to Zep fans everywhere should Robert stick to his guns and not continue to tour with Zep members in any fashion. I'm a huge fan myself but I'm trying to be realistic about this O2 thing being anything but what it is - a 1 time, 90 minute gig and a final farewell.

Get ready people...hope for the best but steady yourselfs!

Is it true that Robert sold his share of Zep royalties back to Atlantic in 1983, and that's why he's reluctant to participate in Zep stuff because he doesn't make any money off of it? Sounds unlikely to me, but that's what someone supposedly knowledgeable told me.

God Father of Heavy Metal really pishes me off - they weren't and never will be a metal band.

I can't believe the royalties storry either. Why would he? Anyway that would make it pointless for him to put Zep cds out not perform live with them.

Robert never sold his shares of Zeppelin royalties - to anyone!

He has sold personal properties purchased during the Zep years, but not his record royalties.

Robert may get some backlash on his tour with Alison if he definately rules out further Zeppelin dates.

He picked a bad time to have a No.2 CD with a bluegrass babe... B)

He has sold personal properties purchased during the Zep years, but not his record royalties.

Robert may get some backlash on his tour with Alison if he definately rules out further Zeppelin dates.

Really, I think there might be some bashing on me because of what I'm going to say...but I only think his new CD only made No.2 in the US as well as No.4 in the UK because of the O2 concert. :ph34r:

God Father of Heavy Metal really pishes me off - they weren't and never will be a metal band.

Unfortunately Zep has been burdened with ignorant media for forty years. The kind of people who lump them in with Black Sabbath and Motorhead. I guess they are resigned to having to deal with those kind of people. It seems there should be a least one hardcore fan in virtually any newsroom in the world who could appear somewhat informed when reporting about the band.

I think Alison is a fine talent and Robert Plant made a wonderful choice in her regard. He'll probably entertain each possible re-encounter with Zeppelin on a per instance basis. It will depend on how he thinks about it at the time, and if he feels inclined and inspired. Even when Zeppelin was going full force, Sandy Denny made several appearances, and was quite lovely. We may hear a new rendition of the Battle of Evermore yet.

Wow.....I bet that made you drop the phone ! Nothing like a little drama to pep up your evening ! :D

:lol:

Well, it did quite worry me, but not loads cos I thought "someone would've rung me if that was the case".

But I thought I'd better just come online and check, as you would.

• 3 weeks later...
Really, I think there might be some bashing on me because of what I'm going to say...but I only think his new CD only made No.2 in the US as well as No.4 in the UK because of the O2 concert. :ph34r:

I agree with you there.

Robert & Alisons new album would never have been considered newsworthy in the UK.

The media's interest is in the Zep gig. Hes's just using that to his advantage.

I quite like the album actually but when it first came out I thought he had collaborated with an obscure, relativley unknown bluegrass artist. ( I knew her name from the soundtrack for the O Brother Where Art Thou? film but that's all. Hearing that she's Mega-Huge in the US with 20 grammys & so on kind of makes it loose some of its appeal to me. I don't know why.

I agree with you there.

Robert & Alisons new album would never have been considered newsworthy in the UK.

The media's interest is in the Zep gig. Hes's just using that to his advantage.

I quite like the album actually but when it first came out I thought he had collaborated with an obscure, relativley unknown bluegrass artist. ( I knew her name from the soundtrack for the O Brother Where Art Thou? film but that's all. Hearing that she's Mega-Huge in the US with 20 grammys & so on kind of makes it loose some of its appeal to me. I don't know why.

I don't see Robert as using the hype about the 02 Gig to promote Raising Sand. He's really proud of this record and would be doing what he's doing whether there was the Zep show or not.

Alison has won more Grammy's than any other female recording artist and she is quite popular here, but she is incredibly talented both vocally and as a fiddle player, so her popularity is genuinely earned, rather than some fly by night pop star being famous for a hot minute.

Archived