CCR/ Fogerty

Now and Zen

I went back thirty pages and could find nothing on Creedence Clearwater Revival. Fogarty's birthday was yesterday. Any fans of them? I saw him on a tv concert recently and he was great. Songs like Proud Mary and Bad Moon Rising are amoung some of many damn good songs.

I went watching John Fogerty a few years ago in London and he was great, you can check out my vids on youtube if you want, my profile to search for is moffo3384. i was at the back but you get the gist!! I'm going watching him again in Manchester at the end of June, can't wait... 11th row from the front this time!!!

I went watching John Fogerty a few years ago in London and he was great, you can check out my vids on youtube if you want, my profile to search for is moffo3384. i was at the back but you get the gist!! I'm going watching him again in Manchester at the end of June, can't wait... 11th row from the front this time!!!

thanks, ill check em out...

John Fogerty is one of my favorite singer/songwriter/guitarists. He is amazing. His newest album, Revival, is just awesome. Some of those songs rival CCR's best work.

Yep, I've listened to it too. It's the first thing I hear from him, but I think it's a pretty good place to start. I'll do some more research on him and the Creedence era (haven't listened to CCR too much either).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

johnfogertymr5.jpg

Here's a clip of John from last nights concert in Manchester. He was fantastic!!! got lucky with tickets, i thought i'd be 11 rows from the front, got there and i was on the 4th row!!!! :D

If anyone gets the chance to go and see him, don't hesitate!!

i'm also putting footage on my youtube page which is moffo3384 ......

CCR is the ultimate party band. It seems that everyone loves them, from the old to the young! if you are having a party you can't go wrong by slapping on Proud Mary, Suzie Q, Run Through the Jungle or many more. It will get the party going! :banana::chickeddance::drunk::beer:

Some of their tunes are among my favorites of all time, but I never got into the albums.

They are probably only behind Eagles, Aerosmith, Metallica, GnR, Pearl Jam, and Nirvana for biggest US band ever. Had somethin like a 18 month stretch with 20 top 10 songs.

CCR were my dads favorite band. I grew up listening to all their albums and got really tired of them in the end. But after a while, when I moved out and got my own appartment, I started to miss those old CCR albums so I had to purchase them all myself. :D

• 3 months later...
John Fogerty's voice always sends shivers up my spine.

It has that quality. I guess in more pop/dance oriented songs ("lighter" or "happier" whatever you want to call them, like Suzi Q) it's less obvious. But this is so dark and heavy, almost sinister, that the goose bump inducing aspect of his voice really shows.

Oh, and of course this is forever on my top 10 songs (multi-artist) list. :)

• 2 years later...

From RollingStone.com:

John Fogerty Open to Creedence Clearwater Revival Reunion

Singer says he is no longer angry at his former bandmates

main.jpg

John Fogerty

Ethan Miller/Getty Images

By MATTHEW PERPETUA

After years of bad blood with his old bandmates, John Fogerty has softened his position on the possibility of a Creedence Clearwater Revival reunion. In an interview with the Calgary Herald, Fogerty says that he no longer feels an intense bitterness toward bassist Stu Cook and drummer Doug Clifford. The guitarist refused to appear with either of them when the band was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993 and he sued the duo in 1997 for performing under the name Creedence Clearwater Revisited.

"Years ago, I looked at people and I was so full of some sort of emotion and I'd say, 'Absolutely not!'," Fogerty says. "I have to admit, people have asked me more recently, and even though I have no idea how such a series of events would come to pass, I can tell that there isn't the bombast in my voice, in the denial, in the refusal. It's more like, 'Well, I dunno.' Never say never is I guess is what people tell you. In this life, all kinds of strange things come to pass."

As of yet, Fogerty has no plans to pursue a reunion, but is open to giving it a shot down the line. "Realizing that it doesn't really kick up a big firestorm of emotion, it kind of suggests that at least if someone started talking I'd sit still long enough to listen," he says.

I always figured it would be a cold day in hell before Fogerty would play with his former bandmates in CCR again, especially after how he showed his ass during their induction into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. In turn, that makes we wonder if the surviving members would even want to perform with him again.

Archived