What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Don't know the next one but managed to get tickets to Rammstein 28.5.2023 on the Helsinki Olympic stadium. They are playing two concerts and 80 000 tickets sold out in two three hours.

Hell, this could be the next one. Missed them in Tallin this summer as Pearl Jam was on in Vienna at the same time but of course Pearl Jam got cancelled.

I attend gigs rarely as I have so many hobbies taking up my time.

Edited by JMH

Sunday September 11: Duran Duran, Warpaint, & Nile Rodgers @ Hollywood Bowl. Going more for Nile Rodgers than Duran Duran.

Thursday September 15: Avengers, El Vez - Tribute to the Screamers @ Zebulon.

Wednesday September 21: Fulcrum Fest @ Zebulon.

Wednesday September 28: Roxy Music, St. Vincent @ The Forum.

Thursday September 29: Heaven 17 @ The Belasco.

Edited by Strider

23 hours ago, Strider said:

Sunday September 11: Duran Duran, Warpaint, & Nile Rodgers @ Hollywood Bowl. Going more for Nile Rodgers than Duran Duran.

Thursday September 15: Avengers, El Vez - Tribute to the Screamers @ Zebulon.

Wednesday September 21: Fulcrum Fest @ Zebulon.

Wednesday September 28: Roxy Music, St. Vincent @ The Forum.

Thursday September 29: Heaven 17 @ The Belasco.

Mrs. Walter will be very jealous of you seeing those acts! Hope last night's show was a good one!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 12:46 PM, Walter said:

Mrs. Walter will be very jealous of you seeing those acts! Hope last night's show was a good one!

It wasn't bad but there was bit of misinformation on the Hollywood Bowl website. Nile Rodgers opened the Friday show but not the Sunday show I attended. Warpaint was the only opening act. But Duran Duran did bring out Nile Rodgers to play on the song "Notorious". The fireworks show during the last song "Rio" was cool.

Tonight the Roxy Music & St. Vincent tour finally hits the Forum. Bryan Ferry just turned 77 on Monday and today is Annie St. Vincent's 40th birthday. Birthday party shows are always fun..

My Stevie Nicks plans Monday fell through. But tonight is a last minute addition to my schedule.

October 4: Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, and Busta Rhymes @ Hollywood Bowl. New York State of Mind Tour.

download.jpeg.f68419938dc00e8c6a5b4949ff564669.jpeg

Edited by Strider

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 11:04 PM, kingzoso said:

Jason Bonham.  Sunday night (12/04/2022) at the Factory in Deep Ellum, Dallas Texas.  It will be my 3rd time seeing him in Dallas over the years he has been touring as the JBLZE.  

Jason Bonham Setlist for the above show in Dallas, Texas:

Immigrant Song

Good Times, Bad Times

Jason's Introduction Speech

Over the Hills and Far Away

The Ocean

What Is and What Should Never Be

Thank You

When the Levee Breaks

Going to California

Hey, Hey What Can I Do?

Since I've Been Loving You

No Quarter

Fool in the Rain

Misty Mountain Hop

White Summer/Kashmir

Stairway to Heaven...

(Encores):

Whole Lotta Love

Rock and Roll.

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, ScarletMacaw said:

I was thinking of getting a ticket to see The Heavy, playing at a club in San Francisco this spring, but I've never been to one of their shows, although I like their songs. Anyone been to one of their shows? I'm wondering how they are live. 

I am curious about your thought process. I could understand it if you did not like The Heavy and wanted to know other people's opinions about their live shows. But you say you like the band and their songs. So the next obvious step is to go to one of their concerts and see for yourself. They are playing a club in San Francisco so the tickets should not be that expensive, so just go and you will have to wonder no more.

If I had listened to the people (often Pink Floyd or Who fans) who were always saying Led Zeppelin sucked in concert and never gone to see them for myself, I would have missed out on some of the greatest nights of my life. That is why whenever I discover a band whose records and songs I like, I always go check 'em out in concert as soon as I can.

Edited by Strider

4 hours ago, ScarletMacaw said:

I was thinking of getting a ticket to see The Heavy, playing at a club in San Francisco this spring, but I've never been to one of their shows, although I like their songs. Anyone been to one of their shows? I'm wondering how they are live. 

FWIW, I saw them several years ago at a small venue.  They put on a great show, but I wish I'd had earplugs because it was LOUD.  It took a few days before me hearing was back to normal.  That said, I'd go again in a heartbeat. 

3 hours ago, ebk said:

FWIW, I saw them several years ago at a small venue.  They put on a great show, but I wish I'd had earplugs because it was LOUD.  It took a few days before me hearing was back to normal.  That said, I'd go again in a heartbeat. 

Thanks! That was the type of info I was looking for. 

7 hours ago, Strider said:

I am curious about your thought process. I could understand it if you did not like The Heavy and wanted to know other people's opinions about their live shows. But you say you like the band and their songs. So the next obvious step is to go to one of their concerts and see for yourself. They are playing a club in San Francisco so the tickets should not be that expensive, so just go and you will have to wonder no more.

If I had listened to the people (often Pink Floyd or Who fans) who were always saying Led Zeppelin sucked in concert and never gone to see them for myself, I would have missed out on some of the greatest nights of my life. That is why whenever I discover a band whose records and songs I like, I always go check 'em out in concert as soon as I can.

Well, in 1982 I went to see Heart, which was one of my favorite bands at the time. Their show sucked. I don't recall now what was wrong except Ann Wilson stood literally in one spot the entire night and they all seemed disengaged from each other and just basically played their hits w/ no improv. 

As for San Francisco, I don't live there, and although it's not far, it does mean 40 minutes of driving each way, a bridge toll, and the cost of a parking garage.