Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jahfin

What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Recommended Posts

March 14: Low @ The Lodge, Highland Park.

March 15: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats @ The Wiltern Theatre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Strider said:

March 14: Low @ The Lodge, Highland Park.

March 15: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats @ The Wiltern Theatre.

Uncle Acid played here last night with Graveyard , but I couldn't make it 😡

That should be a excellent show!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 14th @ The Birchmere - Kinky Friedman and Dale Watson.  

 

Should be fun... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Uncle Acid played here last night with Graveyard , but I couldn't make it 😡

That should be a excellent show!

That's a shame. Next time they hit Dallas I'll see about getting you in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 11:15 AM, Strider said:

March 14: Low @ The Lodge, Highland Park.

March 15: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats @ The Wiltern Theatre.

Holy shit. I just discovered Graveyard is also on the bill at the Wiltern with Uncle Acid. WIN-WIN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me old mate MWP and his wife Olivia, at the mo on a short tour are doing a hometown gig next week (22nd), I'll be there..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scored tix to a couple of shows during the Summer.

Smashing Pumpkins with Noel Gallagher and the High Fying Birds at Dos Equis Pavilion in Dallas 

The Black Keys at Dickies arena in Fort Worth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight and Wednesday night, March 26-27.

caliFlash_final_loRez-768x960.thumb.jpg.a85ca1133e48d0c6da3c8415fff9959b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday - Gary Clark Jr at the Anthem.

 

Finally!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ebk said:

Saturday - Gary Clark Jr at the Anthem.

 

Finally!!!! 

Finally indeed! Enjoy E!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought a ticket to Iron Maiden at the Oakland Oracle Arena for September. 

I almost bought a ticket to Metallica with the SF Symphony, but it cost more than $700...

There aren't as many venues out here in the Bay area as compared to NYC...a lot of bands don't seem to come here :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Audra McDonald tonight at the Hamilton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 10:35 PM, ScarletMacaw said:

Just bought a ticket to Iron Maiden at the Oakland Oracle Arena for September. 

I almost bought a ticket to Metallica with the SF Symphony, but it cost more than $700...

There aren't as many venues out here in the Bay area as compared to NYC...a lot of bands don't seem to come here :(

$700 to see Metallica?!? 😮 Oy vey! I wouldn't pay that much to see the Rolling Stones, let alone Metallica. Even with a symphony, that is ticket gouging. I saw Sigur Rós with a symphony last year and it only cost around $70.

San Francisco seems to have lost more venues in relation to L.A. and N.Y.  No more Carousel Ballroom/Fillmore West, Winterland, Cow Palace, Kezar Stadium. Bimbo's is still around, yes? And there is something called the Fillmore Auditorium, which has nothing to do with the old Fillmore. But everything else is outside of San Francisco...Shoreline Amphitheatre, Oakland-Alameda Stadium, Oakland Coliseum (which is now called the Oracle?), the new '49er stadium. I suppose the Castro could be used for concerts. It's sad to see San Francisco so underserved considering its rich musical history.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 10:20 PM, Strider said:

$700 to see Metallica?!? 😮 Oy vey! I wouldn't pay that much to see the Rolling Stones, let alone Metallica. Even with a symphony, that is ticket gouging. I saw Sigur Rós with a symphony last year and it only cost around $70.

San Francisco seems to have lost more venues in relation to L.A. and N.Y.  No more Carousel Ballroom/Fillmore West, Winterland, Cow Palace, Kezar Stadium. Bimbo's is still around, yes? And there is something called the Fillmore Auditorium, which has nothing to do with the old Fillmore. But everything else is outside of San Francisco...Shoreline Amphitheatre, Oakland-Alameda Stadium, Oakland Coliseum (which is now called the Oracle?), the new '49er stadium. I suppose the Castro could be used for concerts. It's sad to see San Francisco so underserved considering its rich musical history.

 

I think the Cow Palace is still there but it seems to be being used for cow events...it is strange that there isn't more interest in rock music here...I've heard San Jose has a lot of local blues bands...there are two local venues here in Marin, Terrapin Crossroads which I believe is owned by Phil Lesh, and Sweetwaters. I haven't been to them yet. They don't have the same caliber artists as the Iridium or Irving Plaza in New York City. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Buddy Guy Saturday night, a real old time blues show, covers of blues, soul, gospel, showmanship, salty language and a sermon, all delivered with excellent musicianship and blazing electric guitar!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A blast from the past from Australia!

Tonight: The Scientists @ Teregram Ballroom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...