Jump to content

What's the Next Concert You're Attending?


Jahfin
 Share

Recommended Posts

Saw Neil Young last night.  He played for two hours by himself, sitting on a stool with his guitars and pianos surrounding him.  It was almost like a Storyteller's session.  Lots of between song banter, jokes,....typical Neil.    Here's the setlist, minus a couple new songs I never caught the title of that were quite good.....

On the Way Home

I am a Child

Broken Arrow (Whoa !...He hung up his eyelids and ran down the hall  :thumbsup::notworthy:)

Are You Ready For the Country ?

Only Love Can Break Your Heart

Cowgirl in the Sand

There's a World

Needle and the Damage Done

Ohio (electric solo on the white hollow body Gretsch)

After the Goldrush

Out on the Weekend

Love is a Rose

Heart of Gold

Nothing from Harvest Moon or Rust Never Sleeps, which was kind of surprising.  They were being real pricky about cameras and recording, but I snuck a few in....Cigar store indian in tow, as always.  

 

 

 

20180703_213528.jpg

Edited by Bong-Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2018 at 3:29 PM, zepscoda said:

Very cool ! I don't know much about him, but The War on Drugs is such a great band, I figured it would be totally worth while checking him out live. 

Is it cool if I share that story on my Facebook music page? 

Sure. I don't think he'll mind.

7 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Saw Neil Young last night.  He played for two hours by himself, sitting on a stool with his guitars and pianos surrounding him.  It was almost like a Storyteller's session.  Lots of between song banter, jokes,....typical Neil.    Here's the setlist, minus a couple new songs I never caught the title of that were quite good.....

On the Way Home

I am a Child

Broken Arrow (Whoa !...He hung up his eyelids and ran down the hall  :thumbsup::notworthy:)

Are You Ready For the Country ?

Only Love Can Break Your Heart

Cowgirl in the Sand

There's a World

Needle and the Damage Done

Ohio (electric solo on the white hollow body Gretsch)

After the Goldrush

Out on the Weekend

Love is a Rose

Heart of Gold

Nothing from Harvest Moon or Rust Never Sleeps, which was kind of surprising.  They were being real pricky about cameras and recording, but I snuck a few in....Cigar store indian in tow, as always.  

 

 

 

20180703_213528.jpg

"Broken Arrow"! Sweet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Every year my city has a festival that runs for a week. The street has over 20 bars/pubs/clubs on it, as well an outdoor stage. Every night there are several bands playing and the entire street gets blocked off from traffic and drinking can occur on the streets until 3am. One ticket admission get access to the music and all the clubs/bars/pubs.  The Festival has been running for over 30 years. My birthday occurs right in the middle of this festival, so I've been going to this since 1997. This year Our Lady Peace, Trooper, I Mother Earth, Finger 11, Arkells, and Classified are the main headliners.

I'm seeing Our Lady Peace on July 26 and Arkells on July 30.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Strider said:

Closing out the summer...

Friday August 31: Jason Isbell & the 400 unit @ Greek Theatre...with Aimee Mann opening.

 

2 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Gary Clark Jr. at The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY on Friday, September 14th.  This guy certainly knows how to shred it!

Two people I want to see that I haven't managed to get to...yet.  Have fun!!

 

Gary Clark was doing a free show in Brooklyn when I was in NYC a few weeks ago, but... Brooklyn is so far away from Midtown :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ ^ Very cool shows, guys! Amy Mann is always great as is Gary Clark Jr.

Secretly just set up a trip to see John Butler Trio+ at The Tabernacle in Atlanta in December for Mrs Walter and I. Haven’t seen him since 2014 when he dedicated a song (“Spring To Come”) to Mrs Walter, which was her fight song during chemo treatment, after telling him the significance.  Been traveling to see him for many years. Doing the preshow meet/greet/private short performance as well. Can’t wait! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ebk said:

 

Two people I want to see that I haven't managed to get to...yet.  Have fun!!

 

Gary Clark was doing a free show in Brooklyn when I was in NYC a few weeks ago, but... Brooklyn is so far away from Midtown :D 

A friend of mine went to Gary's Brooklyn show and he said he just ripped it up on the guitar.  This will be the first time I'm seeing him and looking so forward to it.

Thanks for the comments as well Walter and enjoy the John Butler Trio!!!  I've heard great things about his music but don't know it well.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Gary Clark Jr. at The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY on Friday, September 14th.  This guy certainly knows how to shred it!

 

15 hours ago, ebk said:

 

Two people I want to see that I haven't managed to get to...yet.  Have fun!!

 

Gary Clark was doing a free show in Brooklyn when I was in NYC a few weeks ago, but... Brooklyn is so far away from Midtown :D 

Yeah...sooooo far away. 😜

You blew it, ebk. Gary Clarke is worth making the extra effort to see. He, indeed, rips it up on guitar. Enjoy the show Super Dave! \m/

14 hours ago, Walter said:

^ ^ Very cool shows, guys! Amy Mann is always great as is Gary Clark Jr.

Secretly just set up a trip to see John Butler Trio+ at The Tabernacle in Atlanta in December for Mrs Walter and I. Haven’t seen him since 2014 when he dedicated a song (“Spring To Come”) to Mrs Walter, which was her fight song during chemo treatment, after telling him the significance.  Been traveling to see him for many years. Doing the preshow meet/greet/private short performance as well. Can’t wait! 

 

Yeah, I've seen Aimee even more than I have seen Robert Plant...over 50 times.

Have a good meet n greet with JBT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be cool to see Aimee in a bigger venue like the Greek. Let me know if she has the string quartet. Saw the Smashing Pumpkins last night at the Forum. They did Stairway to Heaven, complete with "Does anyone remember laughter?" Great show, but kinda long, they played for three hours!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, badgeholder said:

Would be cool to see Aimee in a bigger venue like the Greek. Let me know if she has the string quartet. Saw the Smashing Pumpkins last night at the Forum. They did Stairway to Heaven, complete with "Does anyone remember laughter?" Great show, but kinda long, they played for three hours!

Will do.

i saw the Smashing Pumpkins was coming when I went to the ELO show at the Forum a few weeks ago. I should like the Smashing Pumpkins. They have a lot of elements I usually like in a band. When I saw them when "Gish" came out I could see they were influenced by Jane's Addiction. But they never clicked for me the way Jane's did. I still like the first couple of albums but as Billy's voice and attitude got worse and worse, I gave up on the band. Last time I saw them live was at the Tibetan Freedom Concert in SF's Golden Gate Park in 1996.

You tube is filled with Pumpkins "Stairway" covers as the band has been doing it all tour.

Was the Forum filled or could you see swaths of empty seats?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Was the Forum filled or could you see swaths of empty seats?

It was packed. I know sales have been slow elsewhere, but I guess they have a lot of fans in LA. They also filmed the show, so look for the 'Live in LA' DVD soon I guess. I was actually dragged to this concert, I was never a fan, but I gotta say, they put on a great show, the video stuff was fantastic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw them just before the wheel came off with Chamberlin, etc and the o.d./death of the keyboardist. They were fantastic. But when I saw the fragmented versions of SP, they were nowhere the same. Is it the original 4? Or is Darcy still MIA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Starting tomorrow I am heading to an 11 day festival here in St. John's, NL, Canada. Local, national, and international acts of all genres play under an enormous 25,000 square foot circus tent overlooking a lake. Last year was it's first season and it was a fantastic time. I'm skipping the hip hop, country (except Steve Earle), and pop acts. I've got tickets to the following nights: 

Sep 12 - The Glorious Sons

Sep 13 - Big Wreck, 54-40

Sep 16 - Steve Earle & The Dukes

Sep 18 - Serena Ryder, The Beaches

Sep 22  -The Trews, Matt Mays, Beauwater

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2018 at 11:01 AM, timothy5151 said:

Starting tomorrow I am heading to an 11 day festival here in St. John's, NL, Canada. Local, national, and international acts of all genres play under an enormous 25,000 square foot circus tent overlooking a lake. Last year was it's first season and it was a fantastic time. I'm skipping the hip hop, country (except Steve Earle), and pop acts. I've got tickets to the following nights: 

Sep 12 - The Glorious Sons

Sep 13 - Big Wreck, 54-40

Sep 16 - Steve Earle & The Dukes

Sep 18 - Serena Ryder, The Beaches

Sep 22  -The Trews, Matt Mays, Beauwater

 

Big Wreck (awesome!!!!) 

i saw Deep Purple and Judas Priest last night in Atlanta. 

R😎

09568002-7D91-45BE-9706-52681D03AC00.jpeg

8D0B761A-E35A-465F-AA2A-9FA5156EC281.jpeg

5CC2FE66-EDA4-48A4-A322-632D624B1CA3.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Robert Plant tonight!

Hey, zepscoda.  I really wanted to go tonight but I chose to see Ozzy tomorrow night.  What made me make my decision was that I looked at both Robert's and Ozzy's setlist and I decided that I liked Ozzy's set over Robert's. 

Also, I prefer Ozzy's hard rock over Robert's folksy bluegrassy renditions of the few Zeppelin songs he performs.

 

Edited by kingzoso
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...