FROM SOMEWHERE IN THE VOID OF CONSCIOUSNESS

Del Zeppnile

Says member with 1200 posts :hysterical: Good afternoon Doublenecker.

It appears that you think that high number of posts is more important than quality of posts...thus your race to bring your post count up....

Maybe the universe came into existence just for fish tacos...

something to think about.

Fish Tacos Recipe

Ingredients

1 lb of very fresh fish fillets - (Good fish for tacos are firm fish like swordfish or shark)

Salt and pepper

Olive oil

1 doz corn tortillas (3 tortillas per person)

Vegetable oil or butter (optional, depending on how you heat your tortillas)

Salsa - (See Mango Salsa Recipe.)

1 ripe Avocado

Cabbage (or iceberg lettuce)

Cider vinegar

Salt

Method

1 Prepare the salsa. Either use store bought or make your own. (See above link for Mango Salsa, which is especially good with fish.)

2 Prepare the cabbage and avocado. Thinly slice cabbage. Put in a small serving bowl. Sprinkle with cider vinegar (about a Tbsp) and salt (about a tsp). Mix in the vinegar and salt. Peel avocado and remove seed. Chop and reserve for later.

3 Heat the tortillas. Unless you have made fresh tortillas from scratch, you will need to soften them somehow. One way to easily soften and heat a tortilla to simply heat it in the microwave for 20-25 seconds on high heat, on top of a napkin or paper towel to absorb the moisture that is released. We often will heat two tortillas at once in the microwave, heating them for a total of 40 seconds.

Another way is to heat a well seasoned (black) large cast iron skillet to medium heat. Add a teaspoon of oil to the pan or spread a half a teaspoon of butter on one side of one tortilla. Place tortilla in the pan (butter side down if you are using butter). As the tortilla sizzles, flip the tortilla with a spatula so that the other side gets some of the oil or butter from the pan. Continue to flip every 10-30 seconds until the tortillas begins to develop air pockets, about a minute. If the pan begins to smoke, lower the temperature. You can skip the butter or oil if you wish and just heat the tortillas up on the skillet without them. We have found that the flavor of packaged tortillas benefits from heating them with a bit of oil.

Remove the tortilla from the pan and place it folded on a plate. If the pan is large enough you can prepare two or more tortillas at once. Continue until all the tortillas (estimate 3 per person) are cooked. Set aside.

4 Cook the fish. Soak the fish fillets in cold water for at least one minute. Pat dry with a paper towel. Heat a large stick-free skillet to medium high heat. Add a couple of teaspoons of olive oil to the skillet. Place fish on skillet. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the fillets. A thin fillet may take only one minute on each side to cook. A thicker fillet may take a couple of minutes. Fish should be still barely translucent when cooked. Break off a piece and test if you are not sure. Do not overcook the fish. Remove from pan when done to a separate plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

5 Assembly. I think tacos are best when you assemble them yourself. Place the plate of tortillas, the plate of fish, the salsa, the cabbage, and the avocados on the table and let everyone assemble their own.

Serves four.

YUM!!!

Today felt like Sunday when I woke up. Searched for the Nascar race and discovered it WAS Saturday! :lol:

We had a "State holiday" Thursday, maybe that's why.

The parade they put on this year wasn't as good as previous ones. :(

But it's "tradition" to watch, so I did.

Going to a fab art showing at our Museum of Fine Arts, an exhibit from Chicago of great works by Monet, Van Gogh, and Picasso are being shown. :)

It is scorching hot outside...all week in the very upper 90's. <_<

Yeah, better than the 100's in 80% humidity....I know... :D

Since this IS a random thread I just want to say "One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest" is one of my favorite books and the movie did it justice (which most movies don't do)

Maybe I should have made my username Nurse Rachett :lol:

I always wanted to bend Nurse Ratchett over and roger her roundly.

B)

Today felt like Sunday when I woke up. Searched for the Nascar race and discovered it WAS Saturday! :lol:

We had a "State holiday" Thursday, maybe that's why.

The parade they put on this year wasn't as good as previous ones. :(

But it's "tradition" to watch, so I did.

Going to a fab art showing at our Museum of Fine Arts, an exhibit from Chicago of great works by Monet, Van Gogh, and Picasso are being shown. :)

It is scorching hot outside...all week in the very upper 90's. <_<

Yeah, better than the 100's in 80% humidity....I know... :D

It must be something with this weekend.. for some reason I seriously thought it was Friday this past Thursday. It's always nice to be surprised like that. I hope you enjoy the art show :)

I always wanted to bend Nurse Ratchett over and roger her roundly.

B)

And that's why she kept you over medicated :lol: But when you busted all the guys out...that was Super Heroic for sure!! :D

I've been sick since May...and yesterday my new doctor told me I'm physically completely healthy, and all the symptoms appear to be the result of my psychical condition.

Very cool, isn't it.

I went to the Doctor yesterday complaining of dizzyness, numbness on the left side of my face and a terrible headache from by left shoulder to the middle of my ear.

Doctor said it's probably just because "I carried something heavy the wrong way." :huh:

Then he stuck his finger up my ass and gave me a prescription... :unsure:

Superheroes.... take a licking and keep on ticking.

:'(

Tried to go to sleep early....didn't work. :( I wish I had a sleeping pill.

I know the feeling. I take prescrip sleeping pills and still have a hard time. Do you have any Benadryl around the house. A couple of those should help...

Tried to go to sleep early....didn't work. :( I wish I had a sleeping pill.

I can never sleep well if i try to go to bed early on purpose. Sometimes laying in bed with the tv on will make me sleepy...or listening to music...or reading a book...or a glass of wine or a beer (although i don't drink much nowadays)...If you don't need to be up early then i would say just wait for sleep to hit you naturally. A nice Valium would probably do the trick though.

I went to the Doctor yesterday complaining of dizzyness, numbness on the left side of my face and a terrible headache from by left shoulder to the middle of my ear.

Doctor said it's probably just because "I carried something heavy the wrong way." :huh:

:'(

So... you had symptoms affecting your head, the doc stuck his finger up your ass, and then gave you a prescription base upon his diagnosis.

I'm not sure what the billing code would be but it sure sounds like he diagnosed you with .... 'asshattery'.

If it is just some kind of strain.... maybe you shouldn't carry all of your awards all the time.

:D

~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes when I can't sleep I have a cup of coffee... and I nod right off.

So... you had symptoms affecting your head, the doc stuck his finger up your ass, and then gave you a prescription base upon his diagnosis.

I'm not sure what the billing code would be but it sure sounds like he diagnosed you with .... 'asshattery'.

If it is just some kind of strain.... maybe you shouldn't carry all of your awards all the time.

~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes when I can't sleep I have a cup of coffee... and I nod right off.

The symptoms are real, I swear.

Fucking HMO bastards!

Are you are going to miss me when I'm gone?

Sounds like you're not entirely sure if it was his finger..

or his tongue.. that Dr Friendly put in your ass, Delbro. :blink:

Aw well,.. whichever it was,.. I hope the special attention

he gave you helped alleviate your.. uhh.. throbbing head. ;)

play-doctor-costume.jpg

"I'd like to poke toss see you again in a few days, Del"

:whistling:

Seriously though..

I hope you're feeling better soon, friend. :console:

Sounds like you're not entirely sure if it was his finger..

or his tongue.. that Dr Friendly put in your ass, Delbro. :blink:

Aw well,.. whichever it was,.. I hope the special attention

he gave you helped alleviate your.. uhh.. throbbing head. ;)

play-doctor-costume.jpg

"I'd like to poke toss see you again in a few days, Del"

:whistling:

Funny thing about that male rectal exam, everytime it happens I always think about Uncle Ernie from the Who's Tommy. :D

Maybe it will make be a better guitar player just like Pete Townshend.

Seriously though..

I hope you're feeling better soon, friend. :console:

Thanks.

My head might explode, but at least I have a perfect ass.

Or am a perfect ass...

The symptoms are real, I swear.

Fucking HMO bastards!

Are you are going to miss me when I'm gone?

I'd miss you Del...you're too much fun to not have around. Let us know where to send the flowers.

610x.jpg

Seriously....maybe you need to do a stress test....pain in your left side isn't good.

Funny thing about that male rectal exam, everytime it happens I always think about Uncle Ernie from the Who's Tommy. :D

Maybe it will make be a better guitar player just like Pete Townshend.

Thanks.

My head might explode, but at least I have a perfect ass.

Or am a perfect ass...

Roars in laughter. Thank's guys, that made my day.

:hysterical:

Well, there a wicked as shit thunderstorm here a while ago. It was pouring sheets of rain, lightning every few seconds, and exploding thunder. I love that :D Been a while since we've had a storm like this. Glad it rained tonight and hopefully won't rain tomorrow (well today) because I'm gonna head to the store to get something real cheap.

It's the end of June and I'm still so white I'm almost green.

I know I can't tan and I respect it (good health is more important, isn't it), but I'm getting tired of looking like a piece of cheese.

Green is the new brown! :D Or at least it will be in the future. I used to be a sun worshiper now I like it when it is cool and not soooooo hot.

Is it still June in Czech? Here it is the end of July. :whistling:

Archived