We All Love And Adore It.

Jimmy's A Legend

As Robert Plant once said "you can't fall in love with me just because I'm good at what I do."

Ah, if only it were that easy. First celeb/musician "crush" I ever had was David Gilmour. I was probably 10 or 11 at the time and was looking at my dad's Meddle album, which in the gatefold has a picture of all 4 guys. I thought he was just the dreamiest dude I ever saw. Of course I was 10, so it was relatively tame.

I later came to know what a real crush/love feels like, so looking back I like to laugh. But I can see how someone's talent, be it singing or playing the guitar, can be a very powerful attractor.

Ah, if only it were that easy. First celeb/musician "crush" I ever had was David Gilmour. I was probably 10 or 11 at the time and was looking at my dad's Meddle album, which in the gatefold has a picture of all 4 guys. I thought he was just the dreamiest dude I ever saw. Of course I was 10, so it was relatively tame.

I later came to know what a real crush/love feels like, so looking back I like to laugh. But I can see how someone's talent, be it singing or playing the guitar, can be a very powerful attractor.

I agree that talent can certainly be a powerful attractor. It's one thing to have a crush/attraction for someone famous but there is a fine line between that and obsession which isn't healthy of course. The other thing is, who they present themselves to be in public is only one small part of who they are and not really enough to base developing real feelings on unless you get to know them. If that makes sense.

Edited by ninelives

All this first crush stuff, reminded me of when I when younger( around 4 years ago.. I was 10)

I had a crush on Jimi Hendrix, and so does my dad, i swear( my dad says he was the sexiest man that ever lived)

I still love just looking at him..and me and my dad still talk about how hot he is(Sometimes I wonder if my dad may be a little gay..but im okay with it..) But I do have to say I have more of an obsession with the zeppelin guys..Well its not much of an obsession...I hope

Edited by theycallmethehunter

All this first crush stuff, reminded me of when I when younger( around 4 years ago.. I was 10)

I had a crush on Jimi Hendrix, and so does my dad, i swear( my dad says he was the sexiest man that ever lived)

I still love just looking at him..and me and my dad still talk about how hot he is(Sometimes I wonder if my dad may be a little gay..but im okay with it..) But I do have to say I have more of an obsession with the zeppelin guys..Well its not much of an obsession...I hope

I think everyone's a little gay. :lol: Most straight people have some people of the same sex that they're attracted too. Attraction and love doesn't have to be sexual. I'm not gay, but I have a girl crush on Tina Fey and I think Liv Tyler, Cate Blanchett and Kate Winslet are all hot. :)

Anyway, there is a big difference between being "obsessed" with someone/something and actually being OBSESSED with it, you know?

You know when I was about 15, I was absolutely adamant that I was in love with Jimmy. As far as teenage crushes go, he totally consumed me. Friends fell out with me because all I did was gush - and over what? In reality it was a (then) 57 year old guitarist that hadn't done much at all in recent years. Some of my mates thought he was called Led Zeppelin (seriously). Then when I was 17 I really fell in love. I'd known this boy all my life - we live yards from each other (still do) and went to school together. Spending as much time with him as I did, slowly I knew I was falling for him. Anyway, as soon as we started going out I realised just how childish my 'love' for Jimmy was. And suddenly, just like that, instead of gushing over him, I started to admire him. I'm 23 now, and though I still adore him like no other musician, I've simply grown out of that teenage fangirl phase. In time you will too.

Agreed. :yes:

I agree that talent can certainly be a powerful attractor. It's one thing to have a crush/attraction for someone famous but there is a fine line between that and obsession which isn't healthy of course. The other thing is, who they present themselves to be in public is only one small part of who they are and not really enough to base developing real feelings on unless you get to know them. If that makes sense.

Oh I completely agree. Daydreaming about Jimmy Page is completely harmless, but none of us here know him from a hole in the wall.

I'm not mad at you! Or at anyone. Just giving some gentle advice, about not taking your admiration of Jimmy too far, that's all. :)

Wait a minute. You're confusing me, or I'm might be confusing myself. Let me put it this way, I love Jimmy and nothing will change my mind. There, I think that cleared my air. I think...

Edited by Heartbreaker_Girl

Wait a minute. You're confusing me, or I'm might be confusing myself. Let me put it this way, I love Jimmy and nothing will change my mind. There, I think that cleared my air. I think...

I don't really understand why you're confused, but nobody (especially me) wants you to stop loving Jimmy. I just want you to stop feeling like you want to punch people who DON'T love Jimmy.

I think everyone's a little gay. :lol: Most straight people have some people of the same sex that they're attracted too. Attraction and love doesn't have to be sexual. I'm not gay, but I have a girl crush on Tina Fey and I think Liv Tyler, Cate Blanchett and Kate Winslet are all hot. :)

Lol, that is so true, but sometimes I do wonder about my dad...lol

I have girl crushes too!!..then I wonder about myself..(well not really..)

I fully agree, Sophia!

Thanks,aen27.Great pics!

He seems to be a real professor if there is no guitar(science or philosophy or...?). :lol:

jp6-20-08lrg.jpg

But I love this too.

He looked so adorable and happy most in his Zep era(to me). :wub:

jpnme794.jpg

Edited by Alice75

Is it some kind of tradition to wear clown costumes when you become a doctor of honour or whatever?...don't get me wrong, he looks great in it!

But it is fuuuunny! :D

Isn't this a typical British academic dress?

Academic dress or academical dress is a traditional form of clothing for academic settings, primarily tertiary and sometimes secondary education, worn mainly by those that have been admitted to a university degree (or similar) or hold a status that entitles them to assume them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_dress

In last June Jimmy was given an honorary doctorate by the University of Surrey in Guilford, UK for services to music.

I also think he looks great! :D

532714_large.jpg

Dphil_gown.jpg

Edited by Alice75

I’ve registered here only to say how much I love this very thread!!!

Many years ago, I was madly in love with Jimmy.

In the early 80’s, I stood at his gate in Mill Lane, Windsor, England twice.

Saw him perform three times in Germany in 1984, from right in front of the stage, of course.

Then somehow I lost track.

Couple years ago, I had to sell my huge Led Zeppelin collection for space reasons.

I know many, many of the published pics here.

And once again, Jimmy’s smile is capturing me, even though I do still have troubles to get used to his white hair, most probably because my own hair is about to get grey, too, haha!

Again, thank you all here for your wonderful contributions.

I appreciate this very much!

Greetings from Germany!

Irma