7-17-73 and 7-17-77 Listen today!

Just wanted to remind everyone of the date today. I'm a nerd this way, but I like too listen to shows on there date in history. Today in history Zep played Seattle 7-17-73 at the coliseum and Seattle 7-17-77 in the Kingdome. What a difference 4 years makes. Well, I like them both for different reasons. I am from Seattle and spoke to a guy on Saturday that was at the kingdome show. He said the lasers were impressive. Even with bad shows Zep was still the best bad in history! Share your thoughts if you were there!

Just wanted to remind everyone of the date today. I'm a nerd this way, but I like too listen to shows on there date in history. Today in history Zep played Seattle 7-17-73 at the coliseum and Seattle 7-17-77 in the Kingdome. What a difference 4 years makes. Well, I like them both for different reasons. I am from Seattle and spoke to a guy on Saturday that was at the kingdome show. He said the lasers were impressive. Even with bad shows Zep was still the best bad in history! Share your thoughts if you were there!
Im listening to the sth solo from 77!

your shit! go back to what ever hole your crawled out of.

Oh you talk pretty tough on a key board.

and lets get things straight I love this band as much as anyone,but it pains me to listen to them at that point in time of the band's history.

Oh you talk pretty tough on a key board.

and lets get things straight I love this band as much as anyone,but it pains me to listen to them at that point in time of the band's history.

thet did release any thing from 75 or 69 you calling thoses years shit to?

thet did release any thing from 75 or 69 you calling thoses years shit to?

Of coarse not

69 thru 72 this band was untouchable. And I would even include 73 but Robert's voice really began to suffer.

true but seriously 77 had some really great shows.

I would contend there were moments of the old Fire but as far as a whole show I don't agree.

For instance I hear on this board over and over how good the Los Angeles shows were,but I don't see it.

Sorry. And a lot of it has to do with Jimmy's playing.

But with all of that said I would have loved to have been their. I was 10 in 77 and unable to attend.

I would contend there were moments of the old Fire but as far as a whole show I don't agree.

For instance I hear on this board over and over how good the Los Angeles shows were,but I don't see it.

Sorry. And a lot of it has to do with Jimmy's playing.

But with all of that said I would have loved to have been their. I was 10 in 77 and unable to attend.

Hey reezon, maybe you should start a 'Zep 77 sucks thread', this was suppose to be thread to appriciate a couple of shows. We all know about '77, so back to the topic! Anyone else enjoying a 7-17 play?

I'm a nerd, too, but I tend to only remember 2-12-75 and 5-24 and 5-25-75

I mean, Zeppelin had their ups and downs in '77, but I defy all the bashers once and for all to pick up a goddamn instrument, start a band, write some songs and go out and be a better band and put on a better show than Led Zeppelin did, okay?

What was that? You're not a musician (I know there are musicians on this site, but they probably keep their mouths shut)? Then with all due respect, shut the fuck up about something you really know nothing about. You think '77 sucked? Fine...don't listen to it, and keep your bloody opinions to yourselves!

Remember what John Paul Jones said: "Even on our worst night, we were better than most bands on their best."

What makes the 1977 tour so vulnerable to criticism is the inconsistency of the shows. Don't get me wrong, they had their off nights before that tour. But the overall feeling I get when listening to shows from 1977 is almost as if they had become bloated. There are still some fabulous moments when all pistons were firing. However, it was the substance abuse that began to crack the foundations of their consistent live efforts.

I mean, Zeppelin had their ups and downs in '77, but I defy all the bashers once and for all to pick up a goddamn instrument, start a band, write some songs and go out and be a better band and put on a better show than Led Zeppelin did, okay?

What was that? You're not a musician (I know there are musicians on this site, but they probably keep their mouths shut)? Then with all due respect, shut the fuck up about something you really know nothing about. You think '77 sucked? Fine...don't listen to it, and keep your bloody opinions to yourselves!

Remember what John Paul Jones said: "Even on our worst night, we were better than most bands on their best."

Nice post 'jesusmurphy'!! I totally agree, and the last line is so true!!

I do not mean to sound ridiculous but have you seen the SEATTLE KINGDOME show from 17 July 1977 on DVD? I have the best picture and sound quality available from that show. I did not see the KINGDOME 77 show in person but I sure wish that I did. However, I did see the L.A. Forum show on 23 June 1977 and the Oakland Coliseum show on 23 July 1977. The Seattle Kingdome 1977 show marks the last time that Bonzo ever performed Moby Dick live. ROCK ON!

Christ almighty...is it possible to start a thread on this site without it dissolving into a fucking flame war?!

My bad

Did't mean to piss everyone off,I was in a foul mood the other day and happened to read another thread regarding 77 which along with the 80 shows to me are mostly bad.

I'm not going to respond to every response to my insensative remarks regarding 77 but will leave it at this.

I always did and always will love this band, warts and all.

I find that people who criticize the 1977 shows the most, are people that were not even born until after 1980 and/or were too young in the 70’s to actually have seen them live.

They have only the bootleg (audio/video) material to form their opinions.

As the old saying goes; “I guess you had to have been there!” B):D

I find that people who criticize the 1977 shows the most, are people that were not even born until after 1980 and/or were too young in the 70’s to actually have seen them live.

They have only the bootleg (audio/video) material to form their opinions.

As the old saying goes; “I guess you had to have been there!” B):D

I know what you mean! I was present at both The Forum 23 June 1977 and the Oakland 23 July 1977 concerts and there was a big difference between both shows. While I loved both shows, I would choose The Forum 23 June 1977 concert over the Oakland 23 July 1977 concert any day. In my opinion, The Forum 23 June 1977 should rank as one of the band's greatest performances ever. ROCK ON!

the show from 73 is my favorite from the US tours. I love how Plant mentions fishing before they go into my favorite D&C from that tour.

this show is a must have for all Zeppelin fans. if you can try to find the WR matrix. outstanding!

Archived