7-17-73 and 7-17-77 Listen today!

1977 had it's good and not so good shows for the Zep. What band doesn't have their ups and downs?

Have you ever listened to the Cleveland "Destroyer" shows...they were f'n incredible!

Maybe the west coast took its toll....too many drugs and groupies - all distractions to what Zep did best - play music!

But they survived what would have killed many other bands...1977.

I mean, Zeppelin had their ups and downs in '77, but I defy all the bashers once and for all to pick up a goddamn instrument, start a band, write some songs and go out and be a better band and put on a better show than Led Zeppelin did, okay?

What was that? You're not a musician (I know there are musicians on this site, but they probably keep their mouths shut)? Then with all due respect, shut the fuck up about something you really know nothing about. You think '77 sucked? Fine...don't listen to it, and keep your bloody opinions to yourselves!

Remember what John Paul Jones said: "Even on our worst night, we were better than most bands on their best."

B)B)B)

Oh, another tough guy on a keyboard B)

My bad

Did't mean to piss everyone off,I was in a foul mood the other day and happened to read another thread regarding 77 which along with the 80 shows to me are mostly bad.

I'm not going to respond to every response to my insensative remarks regarding 77 but will leave it at this.

I always did and always will love this band, warts and all.

Thats ok reezon! Sometimes you just have to get the led out. The main thing is that you will always love ZEPPELIN no matter what and thats what counts. ROCK ON!

Thats ok reezon! Sometimes you just have to get the led out. The main thing is that you will always love ZEPPELIN no matter what and thats what counts. ROCK ON!

Hi all! I just had to watch the SEATTLE KINGDOME show from 17 July 1977 on DVD (3-DVD set on the Hercules label) late last night. I have the day off today and I figured that I would share some highlights from the show. While I did see both The Forum 21 June 1977 and the Oakland Coliseum 23 July 1977 shows, there are some comparisons with the Seattle Kingdome 17 July 1977 show. The songs that were performed at the SEATTLE KINGDOME on 17 July 1977 were as follows:

DISC 1

(1.) The Song Remains The Same (Great way to start the show!)

(2.) Sick Again (Not one of their best live versions but I still love it)

(3.) Nobody's Fault But Mine (I love the beginning intro, it kicks ass!)

(4.) Over The Hills And Far Away (Timing of the music sounds a little off but not bad.)

(5.) Since I've Been Loving You (I always enjoy this song)

(6.) No Quarter (I love this song no matter what)

DISC 2

(1.) Ten Years Gone (Good live version)

(2.) The Battle Of Evermore (One of the best live acoustic set-ups from the 77 Tour)

(3.) Going To California (How true, they would be heading back to Oakland on 23 July 1977!)

(4.) Black Country Woman (I love this live version)

(5.) Bron-Y-Aur Stomp (Another great live version)

(6.) White Summer / Black Mountain Side (Great Pagey guitar solo, another great way to begin..)

(7.) Kashmir (One of the best live versions ever!)

DISC 3

(1.) Moby Dick (Last live version ever!)

(2.) Achilles Last Stand (Great Pagey guitar solo that would roar right into Achilles. Great version!)

(3.) Stairway To Heaven (Vintage ZEPPELIN!)

(4.) Whole Lotta Love (Not a long version)

(5.) Rock And Roll (Blistering live version)

END OF CONCERT!

Great footage, the Hercules 3-DVD release has great picture and sound quality. Thanks for reading, ROCK ON!

Hi all! I just had to watch the SEATTLE KINGDOME show from 17 July 1977 on DVD (3-DVD set on the Hercules label) late last night. I have the day off today and I figured that I would share some highlights from the show. While I did see both The Forum 21 June 1977 and the Oakland Coliseum 23 July 1977 shows, there are some comparisons with the Seattle Kingdome 17 July 1977 show. The songs that were performed at the SEATTLE KINGDOME on 17 July 1977 were as follows:

DISC 1

(1.) The Song Remains The Same (Great way to start the show!)

(2.) Sick Again (Not one of their best live versions but I still love it)

(3.) Nobody's Fault But Mine (I love the beginning intro, it kicks ass!)

(4.) Over The Hills And Far Away (Timing of the music sounds a little off but not bad.)

(5.) Since I've Been Loving You (I always enjoy this song)

(6.) No Quarter (I love this song no matter what)

DISC 2

(1.) Ten Years Gone (Good live version)

(2.) The Battle Of Evermore (One of the best live acoustic set-ups from the 77 Tour)

(3.) Going To California (How true, they would be heading back to Oakland on 23 July 1977!)

(4.) Black Country Woman (I love this live version)

(5.) Bron-Y-Aur Stomp (Another great live version)

(6.) White Summer / Black Mountain Side (Great Pagey guitar solo, another great way to begin..)

(7.) Kashmir (One of the best live versions ever!)

DISC 3

(1.) Moby Dick (Last live version ever!)

(2.) Achilles Last Stand (Great Pagey guitar solo that would roar right into Achilles. Great version!)

(3.) Stairway To Heaven (Vintage ZEPPELIN!)

(4.) Whole Lotta Love (Not a long version)

(5.) Rock And Roll (Blistering live version)

END OF CONCERT!

Great footage, the Hercules 3-DVD release has great picture and sound quality. Thanks for reading, ROCK ON!

Sorry, I mentioned that I saw the 21 June 1977 Forum show, I would like to take it back and make a correction. I actually saw the 23 June 1977 Forum show, not the 21 June 1977. I kind of got caught up in listening to the "For Badgeholders Only" CD from 21 June 1977 and it stuck in my mind. Sorry for the confusion. ROCK ON!

• 2 weeks later...
It is no wonder they never released anything from 77

they were shit

You're smoking crack, pal. :rolleyes:

1977 had the most daring and imaginative shows of all. Not all were spot-on, but the ones that were blew away anything from any other year. The LA Forum shows were unbelievable.

1977 had the most daring and imaginative shows of all. Not all were spot-on, but the ones that were blew away anything from any other year. The LA Forum shows were unbelievable.

How's it going "Rock Action?" I think I posted another one on another topic concerning the 77 Forum shows. I saw ZEPPELIN live at The Forum on 23 June 1977 and it was the gretest show that I have ever heard. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Rock Action?" I think I posted another one on another topic concerning the 77 Forum shows. I saw ZEPPELIN live at The Forum on 23 June 1977 and it was the gretest show that I have ever heard. ROCK ON!

And like I said on that other thread, I'm insanely jealous. :P

I saw 7/24/77 in person, but the LA shows were far better.

Baton Rouge on 05/19/77 kicked ass too, the show started a little late but they exploded onto the stage, and the laser and light show was phenominal.

To you're first comment ,sounds like you've got some experience

and to your second

Whatever

is it ok to like and appreciate both tours in here?

'73 has the most consistent playing-smoking hot!

'77 has smoking hot playing-but not as consistent.

'77 has a better and harder (i think) to play set list.

just my opinion......

To you're first comment ,sounds like you've got some experience

and to your second

Whatever

To your reply to my first: Just kidding, man. Sorry, no personal offense really meant.

To your reply to my second- if you're saying "whatever", you really haven't heard many 1977 shows. otherwise you wouldn't call them "shit". Instead of generalizing, try listening to the LA Forum shows with an open mind.

And don't pick up that crack pipe first.

:P

To your reply to my first: Just kidding, man. Sorry, no personal offense really meant.

To your reply to my second- if you're saying "whatever", you really haven't heard many 1977 shows. otherwise you wouldn't call them "shit". Instead of generalizing, try listening to the LA Forum shows with an open mind.

And don't pick up that crack pipe first.

:P

I've heard quite a few over the years, including Los Angeles

Just my opinion.

Have you ever listened to the Cleveland "Destroyer" shows...they were f'n incredible!

I've heard it. I didn't think it was that good. I've heard better.

I thought one of them was sloppy.

And now for saying that, I will get attacked. haha

Cuz everybody loves Destroyer.

I concur. And some were bad.

I've heard ratty shows in 1973 and 1975 too. Some of the 1973 shows bored me to tears and were laden with mistakes. 75 fared better, but wasn't perfect either.

In general, I stand by my opinion that 1977 was the best live year ever.

It is no wonder they never released anything from 77

they were shit

What are you, retarded? No matter what year, Zepp were never shit!!! What are you, retarded? '77 was FAAAR from their best year but certaintly not shit!

I agree with the guy who quoted JPJ: "Even on our worst night, we were better than most bands on their best." Much truth to that line there.

That said, I'm listening to the 7.17.73 show right this minute, and it's great to hear! Not their best, but great! Now, peace be to you all! :hippy:

I've heard ratty shows in 1973 and 1975 too. Some of the 1973 shows bored me to tears and were laden with mistakes. 75 fared better, but wasn't perfect either.

In general, I stand by my opinion that 1977 was the best live year ever.

Personally, my favourites are '69-'73, but your pick is good too. I mean, to each their own, right?

Personally, my favourites are '69-'73, but your pick is good too. I mean, to each their own, right?

Certainly.

The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was calling the 1977 tour "shit". That's ridiculous.

But each year had it's own set of dynamics. So it's mostly a matter of preference.

I still say they were on fire in 1977, overall. And there is no "bad" year.

What are you, retarded? No matter what year, Zepp were never shit!!! What are you, retarded? '77 was FAAAR from their best year but certaintly not shit!

I agree with the guy who quoted JPJ: "Even on our worst night, we were better than most bands on their best." Much truth to that line there.

That said, I'm listening to the 7.17.73 show right this minute, and it's great to hear! Not their best, but great! Now, peace be to you all! :hippy:

Another tough guy

Archived