DID LED ZEPPELIN EVER RECORD A BAD ALBUM DURING THEIR REIGN?

This is probably another one of the same questions that has been asked over and over again on the Forum but here it goes. My fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics, in your opinion, DID LED ZEPPELIN EVER RECORD A BAD ALBUM DURING THEIR REIGN? Please enlighten me. ROCK ON!

ITTOD was probably the weakest album but as one of the boys said, Zeppelin on a bad day is still better than everyone else.

Coda I actually think is a good album, it shows another side of Zeppelin which didn't come through in any of the other albums.

There were a few songs on In Through the Out Door and Coda that weren't so good. Bad albums? They were mediocre in my opinion.

IMO I think at the time they weren't what people expected........especially after PG but now they are truly classics, presence included.

Zeppelin on a bad day is still better than everyone else.

I've never agreed with that. Any band on a bad day will not measure up to a good band on a great day. They all have their oft moments and when so do not remain supreme. Do you not listen to other great bands?

I've never agreed with that. Any band on a bad day will not measure up to a good band on a great day. They all have their oft moments and when so do not remain supreme. Do you not listen to other great bands?

Oh Man! Just when we were going to have concensus for the first time on this board!! :P

Haha - well, I have listened extensively to shows throughout the band's career and as a live band, they were incredibly consistent in their standard of performance, particularly when you consider what they were trying to achieve. The songs were constantly changing. Contrast with Pink Floyd, a great band, but a very rigid live band.

Haha - well, I have listened extensively to shows throughout the band's career and as a live band, they were incredibly consistent in their standard of performance, particularly when you consider what they were trying to achieve. The songs were constantly changing. Contrast with Pink Floyd, a great band, but a very rigid live band.

Again, thanks to all of my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics for all of their valuable answers. Evidently, ZEPPELIN NEVER recorded a bad album. ROCK ON!

We all have our opinions on quality of performance. I could point to many shows that were NOT consistent with their outstanding performances, then again, it's all opinion. And I personally wouldn't use Pink Floyd as a barometer to gauge with as far as mixing up their setlist's and using different arrangements each show/tour.

Even Jimmy doesn't like Living Loving Maid for instance. I don't think it's a sin to be a fan and find some of their songs unappealing. I do in fact love 90% of their music.

Shoot, I've read people on this board disliking The Crunge, Hat's off to Roy Harper and even Stairway to Heaven but I guess they don't want to say it in this thread for fear of disrupting the earlier mentioned consensus.

We all have our opinions on quality of performance. I could point to many shows that were NOT consistent with their outstanding performances, then again, it's all opinion. And I personally wouldn't use Pink Floyd as a barometer to gauge with as far as mixing up their setlist's and using different arrangements each show/tour.

Even Jimmy doesn't like Living Loving Maid for instance. I don't think it's a sin to be a fan and find some of their songs unappealing. I do in fact love 90% of their music.

Shoot, I've read people on this board disliking The Crunge, Hat's off to Roy Harper and even Stairway to Heaven but I guess they don't want to say it in this thread for fear of disrupting the earlier mentioned consensus.

The question was whether they'd ever recorded a bad ALBUM.

No.

I hear ya! People will always have their own opinions and they are entitled to their opinions. I can name one live concert that I was present at that was not consistant with other live shows. That show of course was the Oakland Coliseum 23 July 1977 show. The greatest show I ever attended was The Forum 23 June 1977 show. There are other fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics that will have different opinions and that is fine. I could also say that the SEATTLE KINGDOME 17 July 1977 concert gave us one of the best live versions of Kashmir ever. However, some of my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics might have a different opinion. BUT THATS ROCK N' ROLL! ROCK ON!

Archived