IF LED ZEPPELIN DECIDES TO TOUR THE WHOLE WORLD IN 2009, WHAT CITY AND COUNTRY SHOULD THE BAND START FIRST?

Once and if they decide to tour, it wouldn't make any difference to me. They could even have their first gig in Mumbai :D as long as they include Sydney and Melbourne in their world tour schedule!

And from Sydney right to Prague! :lol: And they could carry you along , so we could watch them once more together, have a nice talk and swoon about Jimmy! :D ( in the first row! :D)

What they should do is have an actual giant Zeppelin with a stage suspended beneath it and fly it do different cities where they'd play shows. There'd be some kind of Ultimate Zeppelin Fan/Groupie contest to travel with the band on the Zeppelin. That'd be sweet.

zeppelin.jpg

zeppelin2.jpg

They could call it the Mothership.

What they should do is have an actual giant Zeppelin with a stage suspended beneath it and fly it do different cities where they'd play shows. There'd be some kind of Ultimate Zeppelin Fan/Groupie contest to travel with the band on the Zeppelin. That'd be sweet.

zeppelin.jpg

zeppelin2.jpg

They could call it the Mothership.

I LOVE YOUR IDEA! ROCK ON!

And from Sydney right to Prague! :lol: And they could carry you along , so we could watch them once more together

:lol: don't forget Venice, my hometown too! S..t, I forgot to include that! Do you think they will give me a lift to Venice on their way back to Europe? :D

North American Tour (click for map)

Shows would be arenas (with open floor), with room to add additional dates by demand (and there'll be plenty of demand, I'm sure).

Los Angeles - 3 shows

San Francisco - 3 shows

Portland - 2 shows

Seattle - 2 shows

Vancouver - 2 shows

Calgary - 1 show

Edmonton - 1 show

Winnipeg - 1 show

Toronto - 3 shows

Ottawa - 1 show

Montreal - 2 shows

Quebec - 1 show

Boston - 3 shows

New York - 3 shows

Philadelphia - 3 shows

Washington - 3 shows

Virginia Beach - 1 show

Charlotte - 1 show

Miami - 3 shows

Tampa - 2 shows

Atlanta - 3 shows

Memphis - 2 shows

New Orleans - 2 shows

Houston - 3 shows

Dallas - 3 shows

Phoenix - 2 shows

Denver - 2 shows

Kansas City - 2 shows

Minneapolis - 2 shows

Chicago - 3 shows

St. Louis - 2 shows

Cincinnati - 2 shows

Detroit - 3 shows

Pittsburgh - 2 shows

Woodstock - Free festival with other legendary bands, would become largest rock concert in history

They should start in the most historic zeppelin town of all:

ROCHESTER HILLS, MICHIGAN!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

rochester-hills.gif

Hey JPJ Bass is that where you live?

I was born and raised in Rochester Hills.

The place has tripled in size since then, but it was a great place growing up.

And hell yes, it's definitely a Zeppelin town

The Noth American Tour

Shows would be arenas (with open floor), with room to add additional dates by demand (and there'll be plenty of demand, I'm sure).

Los Angeles - 3 shows

San Francisco - 3 shows

Portland - 2 shows

Seattle - 2 shows

Vancouver - 2 shows

Calgary - 1 show

Edmonton - 1 show

Winnipeg - 1 show

Toronto - 3 shows

Ottawa - 1 show

Montreal - 2 shows

Quebec - 1 show

Boston - 3 shows

New York - 3 shows

Philadelphia - 3 shows

Washington - 3 shows

Virginia Beach - 1 show

Charlotte - 1 show

Miami - 3 shows

Tampa - 2 shows

Atlanta - 3 shows

Memphis - 2 shows

New Orleans - 2 shows

Houston - 3 shows

Dallas - 3 shows

Phoenix - 2 shows

Denver - 2 shows

Kansas City - 2 shows

Minneapolis - 2 shows

Chicago - 3 shows

St. Louis - 2 shows

Cincinnati - 2 shows

Detroit - 3 shows

Pittsburgh - 2 shows

Woodstock - Free festival with other legendary bands, would become largest rock concert in history

I like! 15 shows within driving distance :banana:

How's it going all? This question is for all of my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics worldwide. If LED ZEPPELIN decides to tour the whole world in 2009, what city and country should the band begin first? ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? First of all, I would like to thank you for all of your responses. Secondly, If LED ZEPPELIN decides to tour the world over in 2009, they're going to have a hard decision to make as to which city to begin their tour. I just hope that they begin somewhere, no matter where. ROCK ON!

• 9 months later...
Even though I should probably say Toronto, I definitely think NYC would be the most appropriate to start.... or end.

I'd prefer them to start a tour somewhere Led Zeppelin never performed before because

it would heighten the intensity of the experience for the artist and audience alike. I'd go

with a Middle Eastern country...the Pyramids of Egypt would be an ideal backdrop for a tour opening night.

I'd prefer them to start a tour somewhere Led Zeppelin never performed before because

it would heighten the intensity of the experience for the artist and audience alike. I'd go

with a Middle Eastern country...the Pyramids of Egypt would be an ideal backdrop for a tour opening night.

Steve...your right on the money.

i say they pick a night when they know "stars will align" and go nuts.

middle east and Africa a most def...the only challenge is performing in Africa. Would there be a crowd there? who knows. Probably foreign whites would be in attendance...you know, the ones with the personal assistants and the da di daaa di daaa.

I also suggest that a lottery be taken place again, if there is going to be a concert that is...(The english language and its headaches...who ever created it had balls)

ehh steve...just out of curiosity, how is Led Zeppelin's fan base in Africa?

i know in the middle east...if they play their Moroccan masterpieces, they will create the new "Big Bang"...something the Hubble telescope wont be able to see for a while.lol

ehh steve...just out of curiosity, how is Led Zeppelin's fan base in Africa?

I should think quite strong in South Africa, but less so on the rest of that impoverished continent. Robert has of course participated in the Festival in the Desert.

• 2 months later...
How's it going all? This question is for all of my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics worldwide. If LED ZEPPELIN decides to tour the whole world in 2009, what city and country should the band begin first? ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you. You guys snuck up on me with this one. I really did not anticipate much comments on this thread. I would like to thank all of you for your comments on this thread. I should have kept up with this thread and commented on it as well as replied to all of your posts. I now feel that I have to reply to all of your posts and I probably will as time moves on. Thanks again and ROCK ON my friends!

Given 2009 would be 30 years after their REAL first WORLD tour of '69 and that a '09 tour would be a reunion it would seem fitting to redo the '69 in the exact same intinerary.

How's it going "The Pirate?" I hope all is well with you. It all sounds good to me just as long as the mighty LED ZEPPELIN goes on tour and tapes it all for a future release. ROCK ON!

Archived