MUSICIAN ISAAC HAYES DIES AT 65

Dzldoc

My god, that was spooky. I'm here on my laptop, hubby just turned the on the tv and Shaft just started (the new version with Samuel L Jackson). I log on to the forum and one of the first new posts I see is that Isaac Hayes has died! :blink:

Anyways, RIP Isaac.

How's it going "Dzldoc?" I was wondering when this topic was coming up. I always loved the song "Theme From Shaft," that was Hayes' trademark song. R.I.P. Isaac Hayes. ROCK ON!

Me too, the theme from Shaft is on of my all time fave musical movie intro's if not the fave !

"Who is the man,that would risk his neck for his brother man?Shaft! Can you dig it?"

Can't think of a song offhand with more heavy wah-wah,than the theme from Shaft.Boy,this takes me back a lotta years.

I've always dug this version of "Walk on By" by Isaac. RIP Mr. Hayes.

There's a trippy guitar throughout, it has that typical thin-fuzzy sound of psychedelia of the time. A very straight song made popular by Dionne Warwick. Check out the chicks' afro's and dresses. :D

The same guy that introduced me to Led Zeppelin ( my friends older brother ) introduced me to Isaac Hayes. Back in 69' when "In A Godda Da Vida" was taking up a whole album side, Isaac Hayes was doing the same with " Hot Buttered Chocolate" great song and from that I got into Miles, Coltrane and the rest. A true pioneer that shoulkd be remembered for much more than " Shaft" RIP Isaac

I was watching that old movie "Escape from New York" the other night. Wasn't he the bad guy in there?

Yep, I loved his car with the chandeliers on the fenders. :D

I recently saw him in 'Truck Turner'

He's probably in heaven with Gordon Parks doing a sequel called: 'Shaft Busts The Pearly Gates'

B)

RIP Isaac Hayes. :'(

I remember doing a dance routine to the "Theme from Shaft" in a junior high show. B)

Isaac Hayes, 65, a Creator of ’70s Soul Style, Dies

By BEN SISARIO

Isaac Hayes, the singer and songwriter whose luxurious, strutting funk arrangements in songs like “Theme From ‘Shaft’ ” defined the glories and excesses of soul music in the early 1970s, died on Sunday in Memphis. He was 65. ARTICLE CONTINUES

The same guy that introduced me to Led Zeppelin ( my friends older brother ) introduced me to Isaac Hayes. Back in 69' when "In A Godda Da Vida" was taking up a whole album side, Isaac Hayes was doing the same with " Hot Buttered Chocolate" great song and from that I got into Miles, Coltrane and the rest. A true pioneer that shoulkd be remembered for much more than " Shaft" RIP Isaac

Agree completely, ally. Great music, all around. Gonna buy me some in homage.

:'(

This sucks, damn it. I'm listening to Hot Buttered Soul now.

kickass album...one of his best. hyperbolicshamalamadingdong (or whatever it is)=smokin'!

peace be eternally with you, sir isaac...

Archived