The Worst Song Ever!

Ronniedawg

Nillson ~ Without You

I cannot bear it...and then Mariah Carey covered it which plunged it into even greater depths of awfulness, if that was possible.

And a worthy mention to James C*nt ~ You're Beautiful. Abysmal, dreadful, cringe-inducing crap.

I have a long list but I'll give you just a few:

Cruel summer- Bannarama

Anything done by the Culture Club

Hungrey Like The Wolf- Wham! or some other 80s band. Maybe it was Duran Duran, I'm not sure.

Cat Scratch Fever-Ted Nugent.

I have a long list but I'll give you just a few:

Cruel summer- Bannarama

Anything done by the Culture Club

Hungrey Like The Wolf- Wham! or some other 80s band. Maybe it was Duran Duran, I'm not sure.

Cat Scratch Fever-Ted Nugent.

I was a teenager in the 80s, so i really know what that was like. I have to say, the -jimmy page outrider 88 tour was very important for any led zeppelin fans at that time, -plants -now and zen as well....but it was just really good to see jimmy page playing so well then.

Our library had a DVD - Plastic Ono Band "Sweet Toronto", with Lennon and Clapton (as well as other legends). I figured this would be good for us to watch, but the Yoko behaviour and "singing" was a horror.

I've heard the album, which is alright, but is the dvd good (minus Yoko's bullshit)? When was it released?

Oh and I hate......that fuckin' song

"Apologize"

Seriously, fuck it in the ear.

CHeck out some of these gems on this list...

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=786

***Europe. The Final Countdown....P/U!

God I hate The Final Countdown. My friend Jeff did a dance to the song which was hilarious and the only way I would want to hear that song. I can't believe The Beatles, The Doors and Simon & Garfunkel are on that list though. What a bunch of bastards. :angry:

God I hate The Final Countdown. My friend Jeff did a dance to the song which was hilarious and the only way I would want to hear that song. I can't believe The Beatles, The Doors and Simon & Garfunkel are on that list though. What a bunch of bastards. :angry:

Who cares about what they got wrong. "We built this City" and "The Final Countdown" make it worth the read. Awful, awful, awful.....

I've heard the album, which is alright, but is the dvd good (minus Yoko's bullshit)? When was it released?

The DVD starts with one song each by Bo Didley, Chuck Berry, and Little Richard. Lennon supposedly invited them to perform and meet Yoko. She hides in a bag onstage while Lennon and Clapton start playing, then comes out and sticks papers in Lennon's face during a few songs. The last couple of songs is her screaming like a tortured cat. It's a very low point in music history, I'd say...

Just a few off the top of my head...

"We Built This City" by Jefferson Starship...or Starship...or whatever they

were calling themselves by then.

"Final Countdown" by Europe...hell yeah, goddamn awful!

"I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twat...typical horrid production by Mutt Lang...that

cheesy synth riff, for example.

Anything by Creed, Autograph, Celine Dion, Limp Bizkit, and a gazillion other bands

from the 80's and 90's; particularly the hair-metal and rap-metal/nu-metal ones.

Oh, and regarding the back and forth about Manfred Mann at the beginning of this thread.

I am assuming you know that "wrapped up like a deuce" 1)came from Manfred Mann's

cover of Springsteen's "Blinded By the Light", not "The Mighty Quinn"...and 2) isn't even

the correct lyric...which was "cut loose like a deuce".

That's what made Manfred Mann's version of "Blinded" so appalling, was that he got

the lyric wrong: he sang "wrapped up like a DOUCHE", because like a lot of Brits,

he was clueless when it came to hotrod culture(a distinctly American rite of passage),

and didn't know that Bruce was referring to a 1932 Ford Deuce Coupe.

Archived