Cream

Xorq

Anyone who listens to this band ?

I quess quite many people here know Cream.

I just recently found this band through my dad. I got Disraeli Gears and Fresh Cream on CD and Wheels of Fire on vinyl.

I think it's some very nice blues-rock.

I just recently found this band through my dad. I got Disraeli Gears and Fresh Cream on CD and Wheels of Fire on vinyl.

Yep, one of the best bands ever. Clapton, Bruce and Baker were gods at the time.

My favorite group until a little ol' band named Led Zeppelin came out. :D

Fine choice!

Cream really started what Zep perfected for me. Genius.

As well as the material already pointed out,try to get hold of the 'Farewell concert' on DVD.

I promise you, you wont believe your EARS!!! :o

I think Doublenecker is a big Clapton fan, so yes? But I don't think every Cream song is great, to be totally honest. But about half of them are really amazing.

Yep, i agree, not all the studio stuff is great.

I think where Cream excelled was on stage, listening to live volume 2 now.

For me, Cream were one of the few acts when peaking, had an extra element, like a higher force gets involved! Zep, The Who&Hendrix have it too.

Can bring tears to me eyes!

Yep, i agree, not all the studio stuff is great.

I think where Cream excelled was on stage, listening to live volume 2 now.

For me, Cream were one of the few acts when peaking, had an extra element, like a higher force gets involved! Zep, The Who&Hendrix have it too.

Can bring tears to me eyes!

Floyd has it as well, along with Pearl Jam and the Black Crowes from the newer school

Having said that, is Cream's live stuff that amazing? The opinion of Clapton's guitar playing is so overblown, I second guess every opinion I hear about his stuff.

Floyd has it as well, along with Pearl Jam and the Black Crowes from the newer school

Having said that, is Cream's live stuff that amazing? The opinion of Clapton's guitar playing is so overblown, I second guess every opinion I hear about his stuff.

It's very overblown, it's terrible.

Joking aside, I have to say that when it comes down to it, the live sound of Cream is much better than in the studio. Live Cream, Live Cream Vol. 2, and the live side of Wheels of Fire, are all great, and Crossroads on WOF is what the true meaning of GOD in Clapton's playing. I want that entire Winterland show...it's out there, I know it is, i just need to find it.

Also, I suggest the Live At Oakland 1968 bootleg for those who can get it.

Cream is wonderful. Definitely one of the top bands I'd love to see reunited...

Er, they did, in 2005.

Cream are my ideal band lineup; no singer to worry about (or pay at the end of the night). Fresh Cream (1966) was a major influence on how rock albums were to be for the next five years (including the obligatory drum solo, whether the protaganist was capable, or not). My personal favourites are the live recordings (including bootlegs). Once the perfunctory statement of the opening verses of a song was out of the way it was just three guys blowin' free, each playing off each other. Wonderful.

RB

It's very overblown, it's terrible.

Joking aside, I have to say that when it comes down to it, the live sound of Cream is much better than in the studio. Live Cream, Live Cream Vol. 2, and the live side of Wheels of Fire, are all great, and Crossroads on WOF is what the true meaning of GOD in Clapton's playing. I want that entire Winterland show...it's out there, I know it is, i just need to find it.

Also, I suggest the Live At Oakland 1968 bootleg for those who can get it.

Phew! For a moment there, handsome, I thought it was over between us. :o But now I know we share the opinion of the WOF Crossroads. B)

Archived