Ok, to settle this once and for all

Jimmy's A Legend

Am I missing something here??? :blink: Does Jimmy have a new Thai girlfriend, or are we talking food, or something?!!! B)

Hi Lilith

No no, maybe a private joke though, when Jimmy met his old friend Michael Winner who gave him the job of doing the Death Wish 2 sound track, Jimmy and his son were on their way to Kensington High St to go to his favourite Thai Restaurant.

It's just a play on word's, but now everyone knows, so you can all see the joke, i hope.

Regards, Danny

Some bright spark decided to put on Wiki or something that he was 1/8 Chinese. He's been asked this question, to which he replied he wasn't aware of any Chinese heritage that he had. He's British, though I remember reading on here years ago that he has Irish relatives (isn't his mother's maiden name Irish?).

Where do people get the idea from? Because of his eyes? Do they not factor that at 64, with years of heroin abuse (not now) and living the way he did, that time would alter his appearance somewhat? He didn't look Chinese when he was young, so why think it now?

Some bright spark decided to put on Wiki or something that he was 1/8 Chinese. He's been asked this question, to which he replied he wasn't aware of any Chinese heritage that he had. He's British, though I remember reading on here years ago that he has Irish relatives (isn't his mother's maiden name Irish?).

Where do people get the idea from? Because of his eyes? Do they not factor that at 64, with years of heroin abuse (not now) and living the way he did, that time would alter his appearance somewhat? He didn't look Chinese when he was young, so why think it now?

Too mant take aways!!!

wow, i find this such an odd question. is there or was there speculation of jimmy being asian??? i have never heard of this before....

You've never heard that question before? It's been circulating for years! There has been a lot of speculation. None of it true.

He's about as Asian as I am - and I'm Irish and Polish.

You've never heard that question before? It's been circulating for years! There has been a lot of speculation. None of it true.

And there's me thinking you were a "Whitechapel Bird Catcher" :lol:

no, i have never heard this and i have been a fan since i was a kid (I'm 37 now). but, please someone explain....why was there speculation of this? he does not appear asian...right? am i missing something here?

I am but a mere Midland lass - you've thrown me.

Thats because i've used Transcendental Ju Jitsu on you. :lol:

"Whitechapel Bird Catcher" is a term used by my Grandad and his peers who came from Whitechapel, i've told you this before, it refers to the Jewish people of the old East End of London, dont ask me why because my Grandad had a lot of these expressions and there are many i haven't worked out yet.

no, i have never heard this and i have been a fan since i was a kid (I'm 37 now). but, please someone explain....why was there speculation of this? he does not appear asian...right? am i missing something here?

Well, it probably began with the shape of his eyes. A lot of people believe he is of Chinese heritage because he appears to have 'Asian' eyes. But, it's like I said - a lifetime of drink, drugs, and touring, may do that to you.

The fact is, when he was young he didn't have the 'Asian' look, so it's, in all inevitability, due to his age.

Well, it probably began with the shape of his eyes. A lot of people believe he is of Chinese heritage because he appears to have 'Asian' eyes. But, it's like I said - a lifetime of drink, drugs, and touring, may do that to you.

The fact is, when he was young he didn't have the 'Asian' look, so it's, in all inevitability, due to his age.

ah, yes, i can see what you mean. and your'e right, he most definitley did not have that "look" as a younger man. knowing this, it baffles me why people would make the kind of speculation in recent years. "i think i'm turning japanese" is just a song, you know, it really can't happen.

:P

Thats because i've used Transcendental Ju Jitsu on you. :lol:

"Whitechapel Bird Catcher" is a term used by my Grandad and his peers who came from Whitechapel, i've told you this before, it refers to the Jewish people of the old East End of London, dont ask me why because my Grandad had a lot of these expressions and there are many i haven't worked out yet.

Some of the stuff they came up with back then. I reckon they were on crack :D

Archived