What Are You Reading?

Chicken

^I've never read it. I've shown it to my 9th graders before we start studying poetry though. I make them read "Oh Captain, My Captain!" before we watch it. I just showed it to them--it seems. We finished the poetry unit right before Christmas Break.

^I've never read it. I've shown it to my 9th graders before we start studying poetry though. I make them read "Oh Captain, My Captain!" before we watch it. I just showed it to them--it seems. We finished the poetry unit right before Christmas Break.

Hi there.....it seems we are colleagues then!!!:) The novel gives me the same chills as the movie....SUPERB ROBIN WILLIAMS 2:):)

• 2 weeks later...

Highly recommended, as is the CD that comes with it. I was surprised to learn when reading a recent Robert Plant interview that he was so inspired by one of the songs on a previous Oxford American Southern Music Sampler that he included it on one of his records.

Issue%2071-2.jpg

This thread <_<

no seriously I am reading Peter and Jane, tell me whats the snobbery about Dan Brown books ?? although I felt "The Divinci Code" was a bore to read, I have to say I was gripped with "Digital Fortress" and "Deception POint" really good reads. So why is there the backlash with him ??

Edited by leddy

This thread <_<

no seriously I am reading Peter and Jane, tell me whats the snobbery about Dan Brown books ?? although I felt "The Divinci Code" was a bore to read, I have to say I was gripped with "Digital Fortress" and "Deception POint" really good reads. So why is there the backlash with him ??

There is no snobbery about Dan Brown books, more a question of taste, I like you wasn't over fond of "The Davinci Code", but the others are fine. (preferred the film)

Lots of people like fact based books either History, Biographies, there are people who like facts & figures.

So just keep reading what you enjoy.

I would read anything or at least give it a try before passing judgement, some people will not. :( but true.

There is no snobbery about Dan Brown books, more a question of taste, I like you wasn't over fond of "The Davinci Code", but the others are fine. (preferred the film)

Lots of people like fact based books either History, Biographies, there are people who like facts & figures.

So just keep reading what you enjoy.

I would read anything or at least give it a try before passing judgement, some people will not. :( but true.

Well in the media there does seem to be a bit, from what I hear anyway, ok its not old Bill Shakepeare :book:

What you believe the Media, surely not....:o

No lol, but you hear sudo middle Englanders on these radio progs and old Dan gets a bashing a bit, but I like the two books I mentioned :) ok :offtopic: now, now how about the "How bigs ya :chickeddance:" thread ??? :D

No lol, but you hear sudo middle Englanders on these radio progs and old Dan gets a bashing a bit, but I like the two books I mentioned :) ok :offtopic: now, now how about the "How bigs ya :chickeddance:" thread ??? :D

I'm giving it some thought, but I'm watching a DVD at the moment, concert for "George".....:boohoo:Takes me ages to watch makes me cry.

staying on topic I'm reading the back of the box...^_^

Edited by Fool In The Rain 60

I'm giving it some thought, but I'm watching a DVD at the moment, concert for "George".....:boohoo:Takes me ages to watch makes me cry.

staying on topic I'm reading the back of the box...^_^

What George Michael, oh god you poor thing no wonder your crying, whoever is making you watch that dribble :mad: , but don't worry the dvd will end soon I am sure cause "You gotta have faith, youuuuu gotta have faith a faith a faith" :whistling: , Hold on I can hear my guitar, it sounds like its gently weeping ^_^ , gotta go.

P.S Harrison wrote some wonderful music :)

Edited by leddy