Doug Boyle

Aquamarine

Have alway's enjoyed his playing. He kicked it out pretty damn good during Plant's 88 visit to Vancouver. Robert's worked with a few good ones hasn't he !!!

Have alway's enjoyed his playing. He kicked it out pretty damn good during Plant's 88 visit to Vancouver. Robert's worked with a few good ones hasn't he !!!

He sure has :D I think Doug is a really unique player and I thought his contribution to Both Now and Zen and Manic Nirvana and some of the tracks on FON, especially Liar's Dance and Ship of Fools was really stunning.

He sure has :D I think Doug is a really unique player and I thought his contribution to Both Now and Zen and Manic Nirvana and some of the tracks on FON, especially Liar's Dance and Ship of Fools was really stunning.

I love Liars Dance. His Knebworth performance of that song was great

Yes, Liars Dance is my favorite, too. (Though Ship of Fools is right up there). What I really love is that he's so good at so many different approaches, and I'm looking forward to his new album also exploring some styles he didn't get to use with Robert's band, such as a jazzy feel.

Looks like he's got some great musicians playing with him, too. B)

PS. There are also links to some other great performances on the site.

Thanks Beatbo ! This guy is brilliant. I must admit that I had lost track of him so my thanks for bringing him back for me :D Caravan looks like a very interesting band, very dreamy. Kinda reminds me of Passport with some hot guitar. Don't know if anyone remembers that band

Thanks Beatbo ! This guy is brilliant. I must admit that I had lost track of him so my thanks for bringing him back for me :D Caravan looks like a very interesting band, very dreamy. Kinda reminds me of Passport with some hot guitar. Don't know if anyone remembers that band

I don't know about Caravan's later stuff, but I have a couple of their early albums which I like very much. Don't know who Passport is :o

I don't know about Caravan's later stuff, but I have a couple of their early albums which I like very much. Don't know who Passport is :o

I'll see if I can find something on Youtube . I must admit that I have to jog my memory a little but I remember that they were a Dutch band that were big here in the late 70's. They kind of found a groove that perked up a lot of ears that weren't normally into fusion or jazz. Not a lot of guitar work though, McLauchlin and DiMeola were the guy's then.

I'll see if I can find something on Youtube . I must admit that I have to jog my memory a little but I remember that they were a Dutch band that were big here in the late 70's. They kind of found a groove that perked up a lot of ears that weren't normally into fusion or jazz. Not a lot of guitar work though, McLauchlin and DiMeola were the guy's then.

Well I know both McLaughlin and DiMeola so I'm surprised I don't know them but I'll check it out.

Well I know both McLaughlin and DiMeola so I'm surprised I don't know them but I'll check it out.

Actually I just did on Youtube and what I found was not that appealing. I didn't realize that they had been around for quite some time prior to releasing the album I was referring to. I'll get back to you on that. I've got some searching to do in my crawl space :D .....tomorrow

Actually I just did on Youtube and what I found was not that appealing. I didn't realize that they had been around for quite some time prior to releasing the album I was referring to. I'll get back to you on that. I've got some searching to do in my crawl space :D .....tomorrow

:D Cool! Thanks B)

:D Cool! Thanks B)

The album is called Ataraxia and was released in 77. More of a sax driven sound than Caravan but a very similar groove. Can't say that the rest of their albums are the same as this but they are known today as Klaus Doldingers Passport. I can't seem to post a link but they can be Googled

Yes Liars dance is a fave Doug track !! Always a nice guy :)

One of my favorite memory's from that 88 tour was their version of Dimples that ended with the openning riff of Heartbreaker. Doug had everybody at his mercy at that moment. :D

Archived