THE FLEETWOOD MAC THREAD

ZeppFanForever

Hi Beatbo,

What the hells going on mate, your using his Log On and his using yours, its a conspiracy, or is that another Topic. :lol:

Good you guys got together, did he have a surprise for you, you know what i mean, and no its not what you other pervs are thinking, were all Rebels here you know. :wub:

Oh and please give ZFF a little kiss from me and tuck him in will you? :kiss: and good health too you both. :beer::beer:

Night Night, Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Oh i wish i was in the land of cotton, old times their are not forgotten, look away, look away, look away Dixieland. Good Bless. And ROCK ON to the pair of you.

beatbo: i drove ZFF by beauvoir, the home of jeff davis. i told him i sent you some pics from the place and you correctly identified the weapnry. he was not impressed. as a matter of fact, he shook his head nonchalantly and then he threw up in my front seat. that's the last time i take that bastard to the beach.

tune in for more adventures of beatbo and ZFF...as soon as i vacuum!

ZeppFanForever: At least throwing up was better than shitting in his front seat! Ha Ha! ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

beatbo: i drove ZFF by beauvoir, the home of jeff davis. i told him i sent you some pics from the place and you correctly identified the weapnry. he was not impressed. as a matter of fact, he shook his head nonchalantly and then he threw up in my front seat. that's the last time i take that bastard to the beach.

tune in for more adventures of beatbo and ZFF...as soon as i vacuum!

ZeppFanForever: At least throwing up was better than shitting in his front seat! Ha Ha! ROCK ON!

Yep, 12lb Napoleon, i have two miniature replicas of them sitting in front of me right now, i'll post a pic tomorrow.

Cant wait for more adventures of "Beatbo and ZFF, revisiting their childhood" :yay:

Off to bed now boys, hope you had a good time, i know we are.

Kind Regards, Danny

Hey ZFF and beatbo, how long is the drive between San Antonio and Biloxi, can't be that far between right? I always wanted to travel to Louisianna and Mississippi and the area around there. I'm a huge fan of the blues artists from that area and I really want to go and see all those places where those guys came from, Lightnin Slim, Lonesome Sundown, Slim Harpo, Little Walter and Lazy Lester.. I'm born on the wrong side of this frickin' planet, you know! ;)

Hey ZFF and beatbo, how long is the drive between San Antonio and Biloxi, can't be that far between right? I always wanted to travel to Louisianna and Mississippi and the area around there. I'm a huge fan of the blues artists from that area and I really want to go and see all those places where those guys came from, Lightnin Slim, Lonesome Sundown, Slim Harpo, Little Walter and Lazy Lester.. I'm born on the wrong side of this frickin' planet, you know! ;)

Same here. Some day I shall! I've been to New Orleans (fantastic place) but that's it.

How's it going "Swede?" I'm coming up with a round figure here but I think that the drive between San Antonio to Biloxi is around 700 miles. I'll do some further research on it and get back to you. In the mean time, ROCK ON my friend!

well, you're all invited to the mississippi bles and heritage fest in greenville, ms on sept. 10th.

there is the delta blues museum in clarksdale, ms : link here

go to the crossroads yourself at highway 49 and highway 61. not only did robert johnson have his fair deal gone down there, but the blues great bessie smith was killed in a car accident there in 1937 (so protect yourself by bringing your john the conqueror root).

there is rolling fork, home of muddy waters, indianola, home of b.b. king, and west point, home of howling wolf, and hazelhurst, where robert johnson was born.

plenty more where that came from....

by the way, ZFF really rocks on. all the time! it's not just his signature signoff, it's a way of life!

ROCK ON!

Edited by beatbo

Same here. Some day I shall! I've been to New Orleans (fantastic place) but that's it.

I grew up in the Big Easy during the 70's and 80's. It was an awesome place to be. New Orleans is music-blues, jazz, rock. We had bars with some of the best bands you can imagine. There was and still is a band called Zebra who did a tremendous amount of Zep, Moody Blues, Yes...just to name a few. We used to go see them at Old Man Rivers. They released an album in I believe 1987. They are still around New Oreleans.

Anyone ever heard of them?

come on over and stop by. i will pour you a glass of sweet tea, put on some tunes to get us ready and we'll search the night for funky blues in swampy places. bring your mojo hand and guitar and i will bring my blues harp and we'll busk on the street for change and good vibes.

an authentic offer!

your buddy,

beat

I grew up in the Big Easy during the 70's and 80's. It was an awesome place to be. New Orleans is music-blues, jazz, rock. We had bars with some of the best bands you can imagine. There was and still is a band called Zebra who did a tremendous amount of Zep, Moody Blues, Yes...just to name a few. We used to go see them at Old Man Rivers. They released an album in I believe 1987. They are still around New Oreleans.

Anyone ever heard of them?

Hi Deborah J :wave:

Those were great times! :)

I used to live in the apartments next to "Old Man Rivers" I worked at Avondale back then and I was dating a girl that was a waitress there.

Saw Zebra along with many other great bands of the time.

"Old Man River's Keeps the Music Rolling Along" :D

come on over and stop by. i will pour you a glass of sweet tea, put on some tunes to get us ready and we'll search the night for funky blues in swampy places. bring your mojo hand and guitar and i will bring my blues harp and we'll busk on the street for change and good vibes.

an authentic offer!

your buddy,

beat

Thanks beatbo, it sure sounds like a plan! :D Both me and my girlfriend have talked about going over and drive through the south and attend some festival and gigs and stuff along the way. Sure would be great to meet yous! You know, I'm reading a book right now called Nothing But The Blues, which is based on articles from British blues mag Blues Unlimited that was written between '63 and '70. Right now I've come to the chapter about the delta musicians. Damn interesting!

Thanks beatbo, it sure sounds like a plan! :D Both me and my girlfriend have talked about going over and drive through the south and attend some festival and gigs and stuff along the way. Sure would be great to meet yous! You know, I'm reading a book right now called Nothing But The Blues, which is based on articles from British blues mag Blues Unlimited that was written between '63 and '70. Right now I've come to the chapter about the delta musicians. Damn interesting!

That book sounds interesting. I've read Deep Blues by Robert Palmer which is a small paperback, but choke filled with information and definitely something needing several reads (at least for me) to process it all!

That book sounds interesting. I've read Deep Blues by Robert Palmer which is a small paperback, but choke filled with information and definitely something needing several reads (at least for me) to process it all!

Yeah, I've read about that book (on this forum I think). For the moment I am ready to consume ALL THINGS BLUES! :D I will have to check that book out!

BTW, lucky you who's been to New Orleans! I want to go there someday too. B)

Yeah, I've read about that book (on this forum I think). For the moment I am ready to consume ALL THINGS BLUES! :D I will have to check that book out!

BTW, lucky you who's been to New Orleans! I want to go there someday too. B)

I hope you make it there too. It's a wonderful place to visit :D

well, you're all invited to the mississippi bles and heritage fest in greenville, ms on sept. 10th.

there is the delta blues museum in clarksdale, ms : link here

go to the crossroads yourself at highway 49 and highway 61. not only did robert johnson have his fair deal gone down there, but the blues great bessie smith was killed in a car accident there in 1937 (so protect yourself by bringing your john the conqueror root).

there is rolling fork, home of muddy waters, indianola, home of b.b. king, and west point, home of howling wolf, and hazelhurst, where robert johnson was born.

plenty more where that came from....

by the way, ZFF really rocks on. all the time! it's not just his signature signoff, it's a way of life!

ROCK ON!

It that you or him talking? :lol:

an authentic offer!

your buddy,

beat

How's it going "beatbo?" If "Swede" goes to Biloxi, I'm going to have to show up! It'll be cool hanging out with you and 'Swede!" ROCK ON!

It that you or him talking? :lol:

how's it going "BIGDAN?" I hope all is well with you and your family. Actually, that was "beatbo" talking despite using the ROCK ON! term. You should use the ROCK ON! term too "BIGDAN," maybe we can get everyone on the Forum to say ROCK ON! In the mean time, ROCK ON my friend!

how's it going "BIGDAN?" I hope all is well with you and your family. Actually, that was "beatbo" talking despite using the ROCK ON! term. You should use the ROCK ON! term too "BIGDAN," maybe we can get everyone on the Forum to say ROCK ON! In the mean time, ROCK ON my friend!

:o :o :o

• 1 month later...
How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Hope the week went well with all of you. I have the day off on this nice Halloween day or should I say Wholloween day. I still can't believe that our forum lost the Evster. I have learned so much from him as I'm sure that all of you have as well. I hope some day he comes back, now that would be special huh? I hope you're reading this Evster, I dedicate this thread to you!

I am deeply overwhelmed that many of you enjoyed reading my threads on ZEPPELIN as well as other bands. I have also enjoyed reading all of your threads on numerous topics resulting in me learning something different. I feel that as ZEPPELIN fanatics that many of us have so much in common but it is mainly ZEPPELIN that brings us all together in unity here on the ZEPPELIN forum. And because of this, we also have the responsibility as ZEPPELIN fans in keeping the ZEPPELIN legend and legacy alive as well as the memory of John Henry Bonham. Now, it is time for me to begin the thread.

I really enjoyed reading the "What's Your Favorite Guitarists Thread" that was started, written and submitted by fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic "leddy." All of our all-time greatest as well as our favorite Guitarist's names were brought up on this thread. However, there was one legendary Guitarist that was overlooked and forgotten on "leddy's" thread that I feel would be a good topic of discussion. It was also during this time that I was trying to decide on many topics to write about on my next thread. I feel that this legendary Guitarist and his band that I am going to write about is a great TRUE Rock n' Roll tale that would also prove fatal. The Guitarist's name is Mr. Peter Green and his legendary band I am talking about is none other than PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC. I have read two FLEETWOOD MAC thread's here on the forum, Any Mac Fans Thread and the Peter Green Thread. However, I feel that all of you need to know the TRUE and tragic story of FLEETWOOD MAC in order to appreciate the accomplishments and achievements of one Peter Green.

When you think of FLEETWOOD MAC today, you think of a very gifted American/British band comprising of two native California U.S.A. members named Lindsey Buckingham (Vocals and Guitar), the always beautiful Stevie Nicks (Vocals) and three fellow British members with two being the only original members left from the original PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC line-up. I'm talking about the beautiful Christine McVie (Vocals and Keyboards), her ex-husband and original member John McVie (Bassist) and original member Mick Fleetwood (Drums). With this legendary mid-1970's line-up, the new FLEETWOOD MAC would achieve more fame and fortune beyond their wildest dreams thus moving on to greater heights unimagined. It would also result in forgetting any accomplishments and achievements that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC did from 1967 to 1970. But what people don't realize is that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC had already laid down a great foundation by developing a reputation in the late 1960's and early 1970's for being one of the all-time greatest Hard Rock Blues bands ever.

PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC was originally born in London, England in 1967 comprising of Peter Green (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Jeremy Spencer (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Danny Kirwan (He would join the band later as the third Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), John McVie (Bassist) and Mick Fleetwood (Drums). This original legendary line-up would truly kick ass with Rock n' Roll in more ways than one and at the same time, give you some of the greatest Blues Rock music moments that you have ever heard in your life. PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC'S early beginnings would be traced all the way back to another great legendary 1960's Blues band. JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS would solely be responsible for bringing together Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood in his band.

PETER GREEN will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history as being one of the greatest guitarists ever yet a forgotten Guitarist that got lost somewhere in time in Rock n' Roll history. In Green's prime, in my opinion, I would rank him up there with Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page easily. However, his decision to quit FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970 during the height of their popularity and disappear from the Rock n' Roll world would prove to be fatal on his part making it one of Rock's all-time greatest tragedy stories ever. It would be during the beginning years of FLEETWOOD MAC from 1967 to 1970 that Peter Green would gain a worldwide reputation by quickly establishing himself as one of the all-time Greatest Guitarist's ever. In my opinion, Peter Green, in his prime, was the ONLY Guitarist that ever dared to challenge Jimi Hendrix for his prestigious worldwide crown as THE GREATEST GUITARIST OF ALL-TIME. Green's guitar styles are similar to that of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and David Gilmour. However, Green's high pitched guitar sound would influence another great guitar legend named Carlos Santana thus making Green's sound his trademark that would last to this very day.

Peter Green also wrote some of Rock's all-time greatest songs ever that would gain more fame by being trademark songs for other great legendary bands. SANTANA immortalized Green's "Black Magic Woman" as AEROSMITH did with "Rattlesnake Shake" and JUDAS PRIEST with Green's legendary masterpiece "The Green Manalishi (With The Two Prong Crown)."

There are so many albums that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC has recorded from 1967 to 1970 that remained unreleased for many years UNTIL NOW. There are also some great new CD collections that make up for all of those years that the early MAC'S albums were unreleased. For the new and curious beginner, I would highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN, MAN OF THE WORLD, THE ANTHOLOGY 1968-1988. This collection contains the majority of Green's best work including his years with JOHN MAYALL and FLEETWOOD MAC. I also highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set of A HARD ROAD by JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS as well as THEN PLAY ON by FLEETWOOD MAC. As for the new collections, I highly recommend the incredible 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE BBC, the 2-CD set of THE VAUDEVILLE YEARS OF FLEETWOOD MAC 1968 TO 1970, FLEETWOOD MAC, SHOW-BIZ BLUES 1968 TO 1970 VOLUME 2 and the 6-CD set of FLEETWOOD MAC, THE COMPLETE BLUE HORIZON SESSIONS 1967-1969. I guarantee you that you will have heard everything there is on PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC if you purchase everything that I have mentioned on this thread.

There are not many great sounding live quality albums of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC let alone on CD. But that would change in the 1990's. There would be bad sound quality live shows of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE MARQUEE and LIVE IN LONDON 1968 released on CD. However, in 1998, FLEETWOOD MAC'S BLISTERING ASS KICKING live shows at The Boston Tea Party are legendary in the sense that in my opinion, they are only one of two shows that capture Peter Green at his ABSOLUTE BEST! You are probably asking yourself, "why didn't FLEETWOOD MAC release a live album of THE BOSTON TEA PARTY shows in 1970?" The truth is, these shows were being recorded live for a future release but with Green's departure from FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970, the tapes were shelved indefinitely. The sound quality of the BOSTON TEA PARTY bootlegs that were available and sold in the 1980's and 1990's were absolutely awful and did FLEETWOOD MAC'S blistering and devastating live performances at the BOSTON TEA PARTY no justice at all. In 1998, Snapper Music would find the original 8-Track master tapes and Digitally Remaster and Remix them using today's updated studio technology process. Now, we can finally listen to these three part separate CD sets of the live BOSTON TEA PARTY shows for ourselves in great sounding quality as it was originally truly intended to be heard and be blown away with TOTAL DISBELIEF! These shows will definitely blow your mind away! You have to hear these 3-CD's in three parts to believe it. The other live show I am talking about is the single CD entitled FLEETWOOD MAC, SHRINE '69. This is another great live show with great sound quality.

As for Peter Green today, he is NO WHERE near the great guitarist he once was. After putting down the guitar and not playing it for years along with his failing health, his playing talent deminished. If you ever get a chance, check out the 2003 DVD entitled AN EVENING WITH PETER GREEN SPLINTER GROUP IN CONCERT. See it for yourself.

I hope I didn't talk your ears off. I hope you enjoyed reading my thread. Please comment on it whether it is a positive or negative one. I appreciate true honesty. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope that the week is going well for all of you. I had to post a comment on this thread in order to thank "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny for sending me a DVD-R copy of the PETER GREEN: MAN OF THE WORLD Documentary that was shown only on the BBC in Great Britain. I must say that this Documentary really does tell the true story of PETER GREEN and holds nothing back. The main participants in the Documentary includes former band members MR. JEREMY SPENCER as well as the man himself, MR. PETER GREEN. The Documentary also includes the only remaining founding members from the 1967-1970 FLEETWOOD MAC band that are in the current FLEETWOOD MAC line-up today, MR. JOHN McVIE and MR. MICK FLEETWOOD. There are many other musicians that are also being interviewed, the one that really comes to mind at the moment is the legendary MR. JOHN MAYALL. All in all, the 1967-1970 FLEETWOOD MAC story is nothing short of incredible and unbelievable. When you think about it, like my personal friend MR. BRIAN WILSON, its really a wonder that PETER GREEN survived his personal mental torment in hell and lived to tell about it. Unfortunately, SYD BARRETT was not so lucky. PETER GREEN will and always will be in my book, one of the Top 10 All-time greatest guitarists ever. In case you are not familiar with PETER GREEN and have not read this thread, please read it. In doing this, you will contribute by helping bring back a real true legend that almost got lost in Rock n' Roll history forever. Thank you for reading this comment and ROCK ON my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

How's it goin' my fellow Peter Green fanatic? :D I'm happy to hear you finally got to see the documentary!

Cheers for Greeny!

How's it going "Swede?" I LOVE THE PETER GREEN Documentary! It really brings the PETER GREEN story to life. I swear, I didn't even recognize Jeremy Spencer after all of these years, he looks so much different now. ROCK ON my friend!

I had to post a comment on this thread in order to thank "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny for sending me a DVD-R copy of the PETER GREEN: MAN OF THE WORLD Documentary that was shown only on the BBC in Great Britain.

Hi ZFF, your very welcome.

But now you've gone and done it havent you?

You have blown my cover mate.

Now everyone is gonna think i'm some sort of "Nice Guy" instead of the Image of Me as the "Racist, Biggoted, Mysogynist, American Hating, Berater" that they have of me now, thanks for nothing mate. ;)

I loved that Image, it only took me a few months (no time at all really) to get it.

Regards, Danny

PS. If you feel i've left anything out please feel free to amend.

Edited by BIGDAN