T bone wants to see a Led Zeppelin Reunion!

Justfred

T Bone Burnett himself said he would love to see a reunion happen,and that when Robert comes around he will see fit to do it . It was in This month's Acoustic magazine . So obviously Tbone has spoke to Robert about this while they were touring. My question is this ,Did Krauss ever suggest to Robert to do the reunion.

I think the question is - Does anyone give a hoot what Burnett and Krauss think on the subject?......I dont

Actually a lot of people around here seem to hold Allison and T Bone responsible for Plant's lack of interest in a reunion. I never agreed with that, but it is interesting to note that T-Bone would actually like to see it happen. It's as if he wants everyone to know, "Hey, don't blame ME!" :)

T Bone Burnett himself said he would love to see a reunion happen,and that when Robert comes around he will see fit to do it . It was in This month's Acoustic magazine . So obviously Tbone has spoke to Robert about this while they were touring. My question is this ,Did Krauss ever suggest to Robert to do the reunion.

...good for him...

Actually a lot of people around here seem to hold Allison and T Bone responsible for Plant's lack of interest in a reunion. I never agreed with that, but it is interesting to note that T-Bone would actually like to see it happen. It's as if he wants everyone to know, "Hey, don't blame ME!" :)

Robert will do what feels right for him musically and whatever thoughts/suggestions Alison and T Bone might have shared regarding Zep, I don't think they would a) push him to do it or B) that would necessarily influence Robert's decision.

Robert will do what feels right for him musically and whatever thoughts/suggestions Alison and T Bone might have shared regarding Zep, I don't think they would a) push him to do it or B) that would necessarily influence Robert's decision.

I agree completely. But don't tell that to the "Allison is Yoko" crowd!

I really don't think Robert gives a damm if people are thinking he should or should not tour with Led Zeppelin...

he's is a grown man that can make his own choices...so I think that even if T-bone will tell Robert that he should do the tour, Robert won't actually listen to him and do this because he told him to...

it's Robert's choice and only time will tell if he's going to be the lead singer after all (we can only hope he will be...)

The musicians that Robert has been working with in Nashville (not only T Bone) have all stated, many of them publicly, that they would love to see Robert reunited with his former mates. I doubt that they hounded him about it on tour because they are not the nagging types. He has been working with some really nice people and Robert's presence in Nashville has brought some needed media attention to an underappreciated genre and some unappreciated, highly talented musicians. I wish some of the people that have made negative comments about these musicians could actually meet them because they are some of the nicest, most down-to-earth folks you could ever meet. Whether or not Robert does any more projects with Alison or any of the other musicians, he will always have a fan base in Nashville that appreciates what he has done for Americana music. He is also the only British person I have ever met that did NOT comment on my Appalachian accent, and I spent a semester in England. (The next trip over I will spend more time in the Midlands among people with manners). So I guess you can put me in the "permanent Plant apologist" category. If he reunites with Page, I will be elated along with everyone else and in "gotta get tickets" mode. If he chooses a different path, I will be elated as well. I just want to see him creative and happy.

For those few that still blame Alison for a lack of a Zeppelin reunion tour, I cannot emphasize how off-base and unfortunate and inaccurate that whole theory is; Alison really has nothing to do with the Robert's Zep path, in the past or going forward.

:goodpost:

I don't get all the bashing and anger over Robert's decision at all. It saddens me to see people who proclaim to be fans of Zep can be this irate towards one of its members. Disappointment is understandable but people saying they hate Robert or they won't support his future endeavors or how could he do this to them etc. is beyond my comprehension.

Whether anyone liked Robert's collaboration with Alison or not, the fact is, it's another example of Robert not resting on his laurels and wanting to challenge himself musically. Pretty impressive for a guy at 60 who's been doing this for some 40 years. Many people in his position carry on taking the easy road.

Yes if they were to all reunite as Zep, I'd be scrambling like a maniac to get a ticket but the fact that Robert has said no and wished the guys well, I'll continue to support 100% whatever he does just as I will support 100% whatever the rest of the band does. They're amazing musicians - the gift of their music over the years has been a joy and blessing and whatever they continue to bestow upon us, I am happy for.

off my :soapbox:

So do I. Do you think that'll make any difference? :Thinking:

I wish that were true but unfortunately there are a small number of people who have referred to Alison as Yoko Ono and blame her for Robert's decision :angry:

Very small, not not to bright. It's really not an issue keeping anyone awake at night. Especially not Robert, and really should be ignored when brought up. I think the more attention you give this very small group, the more life you are pumping into a moronic analogy. It's a waste of time at this point.

Whats funny is the claims of tactics used to lure Robert back to the fold, which seems perfectly acceptable, and no one seems to mind that total falsehoods of threats/ultimatums made by Jimmy at Robert from the media, and posters.

Utter horseshit.

Very small, not not to bright. It's really not an issue keeping anyone awake at night. Especially not Robert, and really should be ignored when brought up. I think the more attention you give this very small group, the more life you are pumping into a moronic analogy. It's a waste of time at this point.

Whats funny is the claims of tactics used to lure Robert back to the fold, which seems perfectly acceptable, and no one seems to mind that total falsehoods of threats/ultimatums made by Jimmy at Robert from the media, and posters.

Utter horseshit.

It may be good advice for all of us to take a step back. I admit , all of the speculation , positive and negative has got me scratching my head The band's never had it so good :D

Utter horseshit.

What's up Mr Zoso ? Sounds like you need to get something off your chest. Your in good company :)

Utter horseshit.

I was by no means suggesting that the majority of "thinking" Zeppelin fans hold Allison accountable. But there certainly is a vocal minority. Robert is his own man, as I'm sure Jimmy Page would attest to!

What's up Mr Zoso ? Sounds like you need to get something off your chest. Your in good company :)

Not much Ally. Keeping in touch with the latest "news" so to speak. Waiting like everyone else. It is what Zeppelin fans do best. :)

He is also the only British person I have ever met that did NOT comment on my Appalachian accent, and I spent a semester in England. (The next trip over I will spend more time in the Midlands among people with manners).

What's the problem with that? Most British people like a southern U.S accent.

I've never met an American in America who didn't comment on my English accent and it wasn't a problem for me. I look on it as a compliment. If they weren't interested they wouldn't give a hoot. It shows they were interested and that was nice.

Archived