Rationalizing

guitarmy

Replacement is a bad word I originally used, so that's my fault (Sorry).

I think what the 3Js need is a someone who can replace Robert's role in the band, not Robert himself.

Not the role of pure Robert himself, but the role that was occupied by Robert.

I'm just fishing for the best way to put it. I don't think for a second that Robert is replaceable in the sense of his ethos.

No one can bring what Robert brings to the table, but someone might be able to bring another table.

Eh?

Exactly. I think the media has just gone to town with this whole notion the project is a Zep reunion rather than the three Js and a singer as yet to be named working on a project. Perhaps thinking that way and looking at the singer as someone who will fit whatever it is they've already laid down music wise, there might be less conflict about it? Just my two cents. And I'm all for whoever it is adding their own spin to the Zep tracks just like I had no issue with Robert rearranging the Zep songs he's done in concert.

I have previously argued with you over your tendency to dress up as fact what isn't right HERE

What makes it irritating is that it forces others to keep correcting you, and thus makes for an extremely boring discussion.

So Myles Kennedy hasn't been rehearsing with the three Js? Thanks for the correction on that one, as I'd hoped it wasn't true. :)

So Myles Kennedy hasn't been rehearsing with the three Js? Thanks for the correction on that one, as I'd hoped it wasn't true. :)

What Otto said was that it hadn't been confirmed that he was rehearsing with them, and that Page and Jones were happy with the results.

It still hasn't.

What Otto said was that it hadn't been confirmed that he was rehearsing with them, and that Page and Jones were happy with the results.

It still hasn't.

To be technical, it has been confirmed according to the two independent source rule. What it's not is "official".

Im at the end of my rope. Literally. 2 things I cannot believe. The first is Robert Plant still hasn't committed to a tour. The Second is that they are actually thinking about going on tour with a replacement. What the F&$% is going on? Have I been taking crazy pills for the last year? Why does Robert and the crew come to some resolve for the fans. Is their some stinkin' thinkin' going on? I am about to give up entirely. And if they are listening, they know what I am saying. Nike said it best. JUST DO IT. People. Maybe they just don't give a S*#@ about us. Facts are facts.

Im at the end of my rope. Literally. 2 things I cannot believe. The first is Robert Plant still hasn't committed to a tour. The Second is that they are actually thinking about going on tour with a replacement. What the F&$% is going on? Have I been taking crazy pills for the last year? Why does Robert and the crew come to some resolve for the fans. Is their some stinkin' thinkin' going on? I am about to give up entirely. And if they are listening, they know what I am saying. Nike said it best. JUST DO IT. People. Maybe they just don't give a S*#@ about us. Facts are facts.

Maybe a bit harsh for your first post on this forum. Take it back a step.

I know all you salty dogs are rightfully established with your tantacles deeply embedded. The fact is that I waited and watched the postings for 11 months. I just couldn't hold back. Are my points wrong? I don't think that any rational person would disagree. I just have had hope for so long. I have been with them 6 times in concert. Now it seems like a constant tease for the present times. I just can't take it any more.

Gee no offense people but there are some really psudo-arguments going on here. It's boring. How many times do you all want to discuss which band member is more talented than which? Each of them on their own has probably got more talent than every Led Zeppelin fan put together.

It's simple, really. Jimmy doesn't lie about these things.

He did say there is no reunion "without all four." But with the 40th anniversary of their first tours as Led Zeppelin coming up, it'll be difficult to get around using it in some way - not as the headline but as a subhead. Seems they'd probably headline the band whatever they decide to call the record.

Thanks Aqua! :beer:

To be technical, it has been confirmed according to the two independent source rule. What it's not is "official".

Which is why it isn't worth much, and isn't a "confirmation" AT ALL. Get it? People are still speculating as before - while you of course carry on posting your bullshit "facts".

Yes he has. He's committed to the fact that he isn't going to be there.

He did say there is no reunion "without all four." But with the 40th anniversary of their first tours as Led Zeppelin coming up, it'll be difficult to get around using it in some way - not as the headline but as a subhead. Seems they'd probably headline the band whatever they decide to call the record.

Well, Yes, was to tour on their 40th Anniversary this past summer and Jon Anderson had a respiratory infection, which caused Howe, Squire and White (with Wakeman's son and a replacement singer) to tour as "Howe, Squire and White of Yes", so there may be some parallels here as to how Pagey, JPJ, and Jason approach this (and with respect to the name and history of Led Zeppelin).

I'm sure they will not be called "Led Zeppelin" when they tour in 2009.

R B)

It's simple, really. Jimmy doesn't lie about these things.

So where did Jimmy more or less say "If we don't play with Robert, or have all four us, then we won't call it Led Zeppelin"

I'm not saying he didn't say that. I'd just like to see it so I can put this to rest.

If you have any context of the quote, then that'll be valuable too.

Gee no offense people but there are some really psudo-arguments going on here. It's boring. How many times do you all want to discuss which band member is more talented than which? Each of them on their own has probably got more talent than every Led Zeppelin fan put together.

Yeah I think you're right.

I started this thread with the intent to see if there were any indications that the 3Js band can be called Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant.

I didn't want to focus on who was better, but wanted to at least ask the question on if it was possible, given Robert's role in Led Zeppelin in the past.

This means I had to attempt to define the role, and focus on the points in Led Zeppelin's history where the role was at it's "smallest". Those points were important to focus on for the future of Led Zeppelin if they were to go on without him, because that would be the closest Led Zeppelin had been without Robert before.

I think we've come up with some interesting theories and presented some facts as well.

While we might not all agree, even on the so-called facts, I think it's cool that we can explore this topic without too much anxiety.

I just like to look at the possibilities and find a little hope. It's not that I want Led Zeppelin to be what they were, as I think too many people hold on to that. I just think Led Zeppelin can be something new, if the right situation presented itself.

Yeah I think you're right.

I started this thread with the intent to see if there were any indications that the 3Js band can be called Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant.

I didn't want to focus on who was better, but wanted to at least ask the question on if it was possible, given Robert's role in Led Zeppelin in the past.

This means I had to attempt to define the role, and focus on the points in Led Zeppelin's history where the role was at it's "smallest". Those points were important to focus on for the future of Led Zeppelin if they were to go on without him, because that would be the closest Led Zeppelin had been without Robert before.

I think we've come up with some interesting theories and presented some facts as well.

While we might not all agree, even on the so-called facts, I think it's cool that we can explore this topic without too much anxiety.

I just like to look at the possibilities and find a little hope. It's not that I want Led Zeppelin to be what they were, as I think too many people hold on to that. I just think Led Zeppelin can be something new, if the right situation presented itself.

Well said. That was the same feeling I had with my open letter to Robert. I still feel that given the right set of circumstances, they could be something new and creative. I'm not one who wants to relive the past so much as someone who see's an opportunity for a new journey. I happen to think that Robert would thrive and still be able to continue working on anything else he wishes. The same would apply to the other's of course

The riffs are greater than the lyrics.

some might agree with you.

some might disagree with you.

some might reach through the internet and rip your ____(enter sexual organ here)___ out.

But let's say we were in a conditional world where we could agree that the riffs were better than the lyrics...

We're not just talking about lyrics. We're talking about performance, delivery, creativity, mesh-factor, adlib-ability, and the uncanny ability to groove in tight jeans.

Maybe instead of talking about why "Led Zeppelin doesn't need Robert Plant", we should be talking about the things Robert brings to the table.

I'm not talking about a big Robert love fest, but moreso an objective discussion on Plant's role in Led Zeppelin.

Really, what makes Robert so good? (not a sarcastic question tyvm)

Archived