Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Bong-Man

A Stairway to Hell

Right there with you,brother........let's not forget "Emotional Rescue"....

*Edited to add:At least "Start Me Up" has a decent riff......

omgoodness.... barf bag, where are you?

I'll be your knight in shining armour....

Projectile Vomit Coming.... B)

omgoodness.... barf bag, where are you?

I'll be your knight in shining armour....

Projectile Vomit Coming.... B)

:lol:

I'm sorry, but after all these years I still love Stairway to Heaven. As long as I don't hear it too often. Once in a while.

I'm sorry, but after all these years I still love Stairway to Heaven. As long as I don't hear it too often. Once in a while.

I confess to listening to the version from 6/23/77 once in a while. AMAZING jam at the end.

Nothing to be sorry about...the song is a masterpiece. It's not our fault that rock radio and the assinine policy of overplay tried to kill it.

You don't have to apologize,everyone has their tastes.

You can't imagine the shit I take for hating it,especially here.

You don't have to apologize,everyone has their tastes.

You can't imagine the shit I take for hating it,especially here.

Yeah, I bet! Is it sort of like hating Mom, baseball and apple pie?

Thanks everybody, for not making me apologize. :)

Why would you have to apologize?

Hell, there's stuff I like that I'd really catch shit for here. :lol:

Why would you have to apologize?

Well, I didn't really think I had to apologize. That's just me and my automatic apology reflex kicking in. I do a lot of apologizing in my life. Gotta stop that.

Well,my mom my piss me off sometimes,but I could never say that I hate her.

I'm a huge baseball fan.

Apple pie I'm not to fond of.

I don't have the slightest idea what you could possibly mean....

:whistling:

:P

B)

Mick Taylor.....the JPJ of the Stones. So talented yet so underappreciated. Nothing against Woody but he can't hold Mick guitar pick...

I agree for the most part about what's been said about the Stones, the following trends and the curse of longevity. But let's not forget Woody's first album, "Some Girls", I think it holds up with some of their best work.

After that I don't know what to say.

I never really put Stairway on anymore or just skip it, but a few months back I heard it on the radio, I had to stop in my tracks to stand and listen, I was suprised how great it still sounded, the guitar solo still sounded so perfect and is an object lesson to musicians that the rt note choice and not overplaying for playing sake makes this such a perfect guitar solo part, i just don't think anyone could actually play a more perfect solo for that record...anyway another 5 years of not hearing it again :)

I agree for the most part about what's been said about the Stones, the following trends and the curse of longevity. But let's not forget Woody's first album, "Some Girls", I think it holds up with some of their best work.

After that I don't know what to say.

I believe Black and Blue was Wood's first Stones album?? Didn't that album come before Some Girls?

I believe Black and Blue was Wood's first Stones album?? Didn't that album come before Some Girls?

Wood only plays on "Hey Negrita", and "Cherry Oh Baby".

Wayne Perkins is the lead guitarist you hear on "Hand Of Fate" that sounds so much like Taylor. Perkins and Harvey Mandel cover the leads on the bulk of the material, Keith plays lead on "Crazy Mama".

Wood's first album as a full member of the band is "Some Girls".

Wood only plays on "Hey Negrita", and "Cherry Oh Baby".

Wayne Perkins is the lead guitarist you hear on "Hand Of Fate" that sounds so much like Taylor. Perkins and Harvey Mandel cover the leads on the bulk of the material, Keith plays lead on "Crazy Mama".

Wood's first album as a full member of the band is "Some Girls".

I used to jam with Harvey Mandel when he lived in Morton Grove in the early '80's. He'a a bad ass player who played some wicked licks on Hot Stuff. I do remember by some of his comments he wasn't fond of Keith Richards.

I used to jam with Harvey Mandel when he lived in Morton Grove in the early '80's. He'a a bad ass player who played some wicked licks on Hot Stuff. I do remember by some of his comments he wasn't fond of Keith Richards.

No kidding? I'll be damned.

Harvey was a badass player, as was Perkins. Both are 200x better than Wood.

Keith was pretty fucked up in those years, I'm not surprised that they didn't get along.

No kidding? I'll be damned.

Harvey was a badass player, as was Perkins. Both are 200x better than Wood.

Keith was pretty fucked up in those years, I'm not surprised that they didn't get along.

Harvey did refer to Keith's junkie status as being a huge roadblock in accomplishing much at that time. He told me Jagger was cool but Keith put the kabbosh on any further sessions between them. Actually, Harvey was a very progressive player who probably would have been too limited playing straight rock with the Stones.

Harvey did refer to Keith's junkie status as being a huge roadblock in accomplishing much at that time. He told me Jagger was cool but Keith put the kabbosh on any further sessions between them. Actually, Harvey was a very progressive player who probably would have been too limited playing straight rock with the Stones.

Yeah, I think he would have felt "suppressed" in a hurry. That's why Taylor left, among other reasons.

I love Stairway and never grow tired of it.....I make it a point to walk into a guitar store everyday and play Stairway....

I love Stairway and never grow tired of it.....I make it a point to walk into a guitar store everyday and play Stairway....

Liar.

:lol:

Damn.....this is turning out to be the best Stairway/Stones thread in recent history. B)

Hi Chicago! :wave:

Damn.....this is turning out to be the best Stairway/Stones thread in recent history. B)

Hi Chicago! :wave:

Yeah it's a mongrel thread.

Hey Levee!