New Years Eve Thread

Yukon Cornelius

For some the New Year seems off to a good start ie...Dzldoc picking up chics at seafood joints, lol. That food looked good btw.

Sorry for your injury Bustle in my Hedgedrow...sounds painful.

I spent the evening hanging out with my parents, brother-in-law, and the kids. My dad bought Champagne and wine, so had a couple drinks. We had pizza and pasta for dinner. I arrived home shortly before midnight and my daughter fell asleep just 7 minutes before the New Year (she was waiting up to see the Jonas Brothers on New Year's Rockin Eve) and passed out a tad too soon :) I gave her a nice kiss anyway!

Happy New Year to all!!!

207213main_new-year-516.jpg

For some the New Year seems off to a good start ie...Dzldoc picking up chics at seafood joints, lol. That food looked good btw.

Sorry for your injury Bustle in my Hedgedrow...sounds painful.

I spent the evening hanging out with my parents, brother-in-law, and the kids. My dad bought Champagne and wine, so had a couple drinks. We had pizza and pasta for dinner. I arrived home shortly before midnight and my daughter fell asleep just 7 minutes before the New Year (she was waiting up to see the Jonas Brothers on New Year's Rockin Eve) and passed out a tad too soon :) I gave her a nice kiss anyway!

Happy New Year to all!!!

207213main_new-year-516.jpg

How's it going "~tangerine~?" Nothing ever beats spending New Years with your family. I spent New Years with my soon to be 23 year old daughter Lydia at the New Years bash neighborhood party. I can't believe how much that my daughter can drink. I wonder where she learned that from? ROCK ON!

How's it going "~tangerine~?" Nothing ever beats spending New Years with your family. I spent New Years with my soon to be 23 year old daughter Lydia at the New Years bash neighborhood party. I can't believe how much that my daughter can drink. I wonder where she learned that from? ROCK ON!

Hi and Happy New Year to you, ZeppFanForever! I'm glad you had a great time, and agree spending the night with family is special! I wish my sister didn't have to work, but i always enjoy hanging out with my very cool brother-in-law! Nice that you had a memorable New Year's Eve with your daughter! I'm sure her drinking ability is hereditary :)

Oh no; I'm sorry! :(

Aww, thanks.. My friend and I got a little too excited and decided to jump on a trampoline at 1 am and I decided to try and look cool and do a front flip and I landed knee to face.. blood everywhere.. but we were laughing about it. It wasn't so funny this morning when I woke up with a black eye and had to go get x-rayed, but it's just a contusion.. hopefully the swelling will go down and I wont look like I went half a round with Rocky Marciano ;)

Happy New Year to all!

I used Hilshire farms little smokies!

I slit each one open, and put a spoon of relish inside before wrapping with the crescent dough.

I'm kind of jealous hearing everyone elses' stories about getting all busted up from their over-exuberence on New Years eve. Think I'll get boozed up and go sleigh riding tonight...

I slit each one open, and put a spoon of relish inside before wrapping with the crescent dough.

I'm kind of jealous hearing everyone elses' stories about getting all busted up from their over-exuberence on New Years eve. Think I'll get boozed up and go sleigh riding tonight...

My husband has a recipe for Little Smokies; he makes a tomato-Jack Daniels sauce and simmers them in a crock pot :)

I'll bet they're on sale at the supermarket right now - why don't you post the recipe?

This is from the Jack Daniels Barbecue cookbook; "Barbecue Red Dogs"

2C ketchup

1C brown sugar, packed

1C Jack Daniels

2 packages Little Smokies (original recipe calls for 2 packs of hot dogs cut into chunks, but he uses Little Smokies instead)

Combine ketchup, brown sugar and JD in a saucepan, bring to boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add Little Smokies and simmer 5 more minutes (can then transfer everything to a crock pot to keep warm).

Sometimes he cuts the amount of JD with water, depending on who will be eating them, because this can be a bit strong! :)

This is from the Jack Daniels Barbecue cookbook; "Barbecue Red Dogs"

2C ketchup

1C brown sugar, packed

1C Jack Daniels

2 packages Little Smokies (original recipe calls for 2 packs of hot dogs cut into chunks, but he uses Little Smokies instead)

Combine ketchup, brown sugar and JD in a saucepan, bring to boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add Little Smokies and simmer 5 more minutes (can then transfer everything to a crock pot to keep warm).

Sometimes he cuts the amount of JD with water, depending on who will be eating them, because this can be a bit strong! :)

Sounds saucy! I'll have to pickup a loaf of fresh, crusty Italian bread to sop that up. Sorry to rub that in - I know that's something you can't get down there. Glad it doesn't require a crock pot, ours doesn't seem to work properly...

Aww, thanks.. My friend and I got a little too excited and decided to jump on a trampoline at 1 am and I decided to try and look cool and do a front flip and I landed knee to face.. blood everywhere.. but we were laughing about it. It wasn't so funny this morning when I woke up with a black eye and had to go get x-rayed, but it's just a contusion.. hopefully the swelling will go down and I wont look like I went half a round with Rocky Marciano ;)

Happy New Year to all!

Yikes! I hope it's not painful and will heal quickly! :(

Hey everyone, all this talk about seafood made me hungry. So I put on my brave shoes and decided to go out for a bite by myself.

I went to one of my old haunts in Bucktown, Deanies Seafood.

a1253851948_cc79736413.jpg

Scoping the place out- hmm? hope that Deputy doesn't mind his picture taken?

What have we here!? a lady sitting alone at the bar and an empty seat next to her!

Must investigate...

a1253853854_41a8697705.jpg

Well I sparked up a conversation and turns out she was alone as well.

She is an O.R. trauma room nurse and has to work the midnight shift tonight, no she wasn't drinking alcohol lol.

I asked if she wanted to share a table and she said sure!

So for our appetizers I had the BBQ shrimp and she had boiled shrimp and a cup of gumbo.

a1253007805_e5aa9ba366.jpg

aauntitled-1.jpg

For the main course we had what they call a half platter which consist of fried softshell crab, catfish, shrimp, and oysters with french garlic bread and fries.

a1untitled.jpg

They were still a good as I had remembered.

Made a new friend and she gave me her phone number too, whoo hoo!

This New Year is off to a great start. :D

Now I can pop open a couple beers and go outside and watch the neighbors light the block up.

Happy New Year everyone :wave:

Wow. :o I would have never done something like that. Do you think anything would have happened at all if you had not done that? Do you think she would have intiated anything? Did you split the bill?

Wow. :o I would have never done something like that. Do you think anything would have happened at all if you had not done that? Do you think she would have intiated anything? Did you split the bill?

see post #85 :rolleyes:

What's the worst that could have happened ? She say's no and Dzldoc eats alone....Oh My God :D

I think it's great that things worked out for both Dzldoc and his new friend. Nothing ventured nothing gained Spats. It just takes some balls and a little class on the approach. Good for you Dzldoc B)

What's the worst that could have happened ? She say's no and Dzldoc eats alone....Oh My God :D

I think it's great that things worked out for both Dzldoc and his new friend. Nothing ventured nothing gained Spats. It just takes some balls and a little class on the approach. Good for you Dzldoc B)

I remember back in the day getting a "sorry, i am not interested". That is morale crusher. If he is happy i am happy for him. He had better results than I did.

went to a dinner party...

saw the Jugband (Dead cover band) play at midnight..

drank til 4:28am..

went skiing at 5am..

went to work at 3pm..

realized at 3:08pm I didn't have to work..

watched football all day..

hit the bar around 10pm..

pulled a date back to the crib..

finally passed out around 3am. B)

I remember back in the day getting a "sorry, i am not interested". That is morale crusher. If he is happy i am happy for him. He had better results than I did.

Everybody's been rejected at some point Spats. Pick your moments. Being scared or too judgemental is never going to work. Some girls are ok with that approach and some aren't. Just because a guy strikes out doesn't mean you step away from the plate. Jeez, be content to hit a single maybe a double. Once in a blue moon, a home run :D

Archived