Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SteveAJones

Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

1,558 posts in this topic

Thank you for posting they made me giggle.

14 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

I'm sure some of you all have seen this photo before (it's in the Crazy and Funny photos thread, as well as the Band Photos thread), but I haven't seen any real discussions about the story behind it (unless I missed it). When/where was this taken? Who is the woman with them?

zeppelinfunny.jpg

Also found a second, larger image from the same time:

1194137904_f.jpg

I have the original magazine  somewhere.... They're taken in Hamburg. Not sure who the woman is.

2 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

I have the original magazine  somewhere.... They're taken in Hamburg. Not sure who the woman is.

Plant is able to contort his face the goofiest! 

Image result for jimmy page fingers

Surely photoshopped?

Not really his nature, especially at that age. Those hands look a bit too fat for his too.

Isn't it Pat Bonham with them? Every time I see that photo I can almost hear my mum saying "if the wind changes you'll stay like that!"

20 hours ago, Dallas Knebs said:

EC this is the one you want...

Summit.jpg

Whoa...does that say 5/21/77?  Very interesting.

11 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Possibly a fan backstage prior to the show. Here's another:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/image/hamburg-1970-backstage 

Thank you both for this. Fascinating stuff!

6 hours ago, 76229 said:

Isn't it Pat Bonham with them? Every time I see that photo I can almost hear my mum saying "if the wind changes you'll stay like that!"

No idea. I did a quick Google search and all I could find of Pat were either poor quality images or recent photos. I guess I'll wait for the experts to weigh in, though I doubt it's her since they would probably have known! ;)