Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Misfit

What show or live song are you listening to now?

4,009 posts in this topic

Listening to "The Rain Song" from the TSRTS soundtrack - newer version.

I'm listening to them all in sequence. Tomorrow will be Memphis 17.4.70 and Phoenix 18.4.70. Might even get onto Shepton Mallet 28.6.70. I'm looking forward to that one.

Downloading 6/27/77 right now. I have Millard's recordings from the 21st, 23rd, and 25th, but have not heard the 27th.

Downloading 6/27/77 right now. I have Millard's recordings from the 21st, 23rd, and 25th, but have not heard the 27th.

It's a long show. One of the longest from the '77 tour. A good show, but not as good as some of the Forum dates. A bit sloppy at times. Good quality recording as expected being a Millard show.

5/28/73 San Diego, soundboard tape. I work from home, so I always have a Zep concert playing on my computer while I work!

^ That's got my favorite live Zep version of "Goin' Down".

Too bad RocknRoll is screwed up on the recording. :(

^ That's got my favorite live Zep version of "Goin' Down".

Too bad RocknRoll is screwed up on the recording. :(

When all else fails there's always this

It's a long show. One of the longest from the '77 tour. A good show, but not as good as some of the Forum dates. A bit sloppy at times. Good quality recording as expected being a Millard show.

Best acoustic set for '77 IMO. The 27th and 23rd are probably my favourite LA '77 shows. Wanna say 6-27-77 is their longest concert, either that or 5-25-75.

(Hmm...5-25-75...haven't heard that one in a while...maybe I'll blast that at work today!)

Can someone tell me what a "millard" recording is ? Heard the name a few times, supposedly his recordings were better quality or something ?

"As Long As I Have You" 4/27/69 Devil's Blues

Can someone tell me what a "millard" recording is ? Heard the name a few times, supposedly his recordings were better quality or something ?

Mike Millard was a bootlegger in the LA area in the 70's. He pretended to be handicapped and came to concerts in a wheelchair, so he could hide his recording equipment in the wheelchair, and get close access to the stage. He's most known for the '77 run of LA Forum concerts, including the 6/21/77 bootleg "Listen To This Eddie". He also is known to have done Long Beach in '75, and a couple of the LA '75 shows. Not much is known about him, but he is believed to have committed suicide in 1990.

Wiki - Mike Millard

Just started listening to LA 23rd June '77, can't wait till i get to SIBLY-No Quarter, my fave part of the show (although obviously the whole gig is immense).....

Both are great. Quite possibly my favorite version of NQ. Love the jam session with Jimmy's solo. Just incredible!

12/23/1972 - interesting show, although Plant's voice is a bit uneven.

Listening to No Quarter from 26/5/77.

Listening to No Quarter from 26/5/77.

I think No Quarter has become my favorite live Zep song. I dig listening to the versions from each tour as it grew from 73-75-77. I really like the 73 versions, they were short, compact, and very eerie and atmospheric. 77 was more of a long jam, in lieu of Dazed & Confused.