Snowblind (3/20/75 Vancouver - Previously Unreleased SB

bluesunday

***Viva La Soundboard Revolution***

Led Zeppelin - Snowblind (3/20/75 Vancouver - Previously Unreleased SB) Empress Valley Label. The Soundboard Revolution Series proudly presents for the very First and Only time anywhere, the legendary 2nd night in Vancouver, BC - Complete and in Perfect Stereo Soundboard!!! This amazing set also features absolutely stunning exclusive artwork from preeminent live concert art co., Firehouse Posters. Two versions of this set are now available:

Extremely Ltd Slip Case Edition (100 Copies Only!!) 6 CD Mega Deluxe Set. Features as a special bonus a Digital Remaster direct from original source of the 3/19/75 Vancouver Soundboard.

Great news, a bit more interested in the digital remaster of Snow Jobs though a favorite show of mine

The review on Underground Uprising has this to say: "[...] This time, they [EVSD] have elected to combine it [the new SBD] with the “digitally remastered” version of the SB from the first show at the same venue [i.e. "Snow Jobs"] to make it a 6CD set release rather than a mere 3CD release, boosting the price of the set. As I checked the “digitally remastered” version of the SBD from the first show, it does not sound very different from the original version, although the balance issue may have slightly improved."

(Edited for clarity.)

2 soundboards, 3 cd's each.

The other soundboard is from the first show, and does not sound different, but the balance issue has been slightly improved

Thanks! Sucks that they try to package a show that is already out with a new one, just to jump the price higher. Anyway, can't wait to hear reviews about how it comes across in SB form!

Thanks! Sucks that they try to package a show that is already out with a new one, just to jump the price higher. Anyway, can't wait to hear reviews about how it comes across in SB form!

Yeah, it's $385.00 at Shiyoda for the 6 cd set!

Yeah, it's $385.00 at Shiyoda for the 6 cd set!

Screw that...I would'nt give a dime for it....Don't pay for Bootlegs. No need, this one has already been generously liberated.

post-46-0-34475600-1336863050.jpg

^^That is fanmade artwork by smallfish, not the EVSD artwork.

Ah did'nt know that ...It was posted to me on facebook....Good though is'nt it. Great mock up of Black Sabbath Vol4.

Will this really be in stereo? I'm betting it's mono with a couple of cross fades. I'm still looking forward to hearing it - I really like "Snow Jobs" from the night before.

Only heard track 1 so far...It's mono but I don't care...It's free. and i already know from an aud that this is agreat show.

Man...I love 75 No Quarters...so good. Personally I think this release sounds awesome. A decent mix, clear instruments and highs...some say there's a lot of compression but I can't tell.

Man...I love 75 No Quarters...so good. Personally I think this release sounds awesome. A decent mix, clear instruments and highs...some say there's a lot of compression but I can't tell.

I agree 100% 75 No Quarters are just great. I can't wait to get this show. Northstar.

Anyone who says that a possible ADDITION (which I do not think this was ADDED, I think it has been there for a long time, probably the 80's) of compression is a serious problem worth talking about must not be thinking about what they would be doing right about now if this release had NOT shown up. It sounds great, and to me, the mix is better than the night before because the instruments are well balanced, and a great mix as you said. A little destructive filtering (oh my god NO!!!) would make this sound even better. Using a 31 band EQ, gates, and treating the left and right channel separately when editing so you end up with a stereo product, would create a nice product with this one. I say this because this performance is excellent.

ps. people pay a grand for a Band of Gypsys audience source (that sounds like shit) these days, why is the sound of this even worth talking about?

I do love the original 1973 No Quarters since they are still more album like, but the March 1975 No Quarter versions are hands down the best. Only a couple 1977s are as good.

3/11 & 3/12/75, 3/17/75 & 3/21/75 and then 3/27 are all as good as it gets. I have to check out this new release as i can't remember how the NQ is from this night.

Archived