Jimmy Page vs. Brian May-Guitar World poll link

sabelstorm

As I assumed Brian May is winning. Anyone who isn't insane knows Page is the superior guitarist but because Queen has become so trendy with young libs who don't even care about the music, just that Mercury was gay, Queen members will win pretty much anything like this online just because Queen has become PC mainstream. No disrespect to Brian May on my part. I think he is a great guitarist and songwriter. Jimmy Page is just better.

As I assumed Brian May is winning. Anyone who isn't insane knows Page is the superior guitarist but because Queen has become so trendy with young libs who don't even care about the music, just that Mercury was gay, Queen members will win pretty much anything like this online just because Queen has become PC mainstream. No disrespect to Brian May on my part. I think he is a great guitarist and songwriter. Jimmy Page is just better.

I think you are way outta line bringing politics into this. Young libs...is that code for "gay people?" Give me a break, May is winning simply because they posted the link on the Facebook page, nothing more. If some asshole decided to do the same and whore out the Led Zeppelin Facebook page I guarantee Page would be winning by a long shot. So what does that prove? A bunch of Ayn Rand loving individualists are ruling the world? I think not...

i just wanna put it out there that my views on polls and competitions and picking the best of anything is always an iffy issue for me. it’s always fun to have, to check out, or to vote on for support, but it shouldn’t be taken as anything other than a reference point. diversity, color, light and shade (aw yeah), is important for any environment. there are too many factors and individual preferences that go into any criteria to come up with an absolute canon for anything, and it all boils down to digging all the different kinds of creativity the world has to offer. i have my favourites, but i won’t tell you it’s better than yours

^ i just copy pasted what i posted on my blog after linking the poll. i agree with you guys, and besides being biased, Page's versatility really puts him in a league of his own. still though, like i said, it's fun to support. Now May is up by about 10%, so i'm going on Facebook ;)

I think you are way outta line bringing politics into this. Young libs...is that code for "gay people?"

That is the reason. That's the same reason Ted Nugent is always excluded from these types of things. And when I want to say gay people I say gay people. I don't talk in code. I'm sure you like everyone else has met these turds who say they are Bob Marley and Queen fans but don't know any songs. It's all about going along to get along. This is PC cool.

Archived