Remembering John Bonham.

For a band that split up 33 years ago, the level of interest is unequaled.

Your personal level of interest and my personal level of interest may be unequaled, but the forum, itself, demonstrates minimal activity. An example of a forum with thriving interest would be Black Sabbath Online. Myself, I like to remember birthdays and dates of death, but I was not the one who commented on that in the first place; I acknowledged someone else's comment, with which I heartily agree, and which I do not believe was directed at you personally. I was a fan when they broke up 33 years ago, and was around for their media statement of disbandment. The words still echo in my head today. Ramble On brother.

Edited by The Dark Lord

Your personal level of interest and my personal level of interest may be unequaled, but the forum, itself, demonstrates minimal activity. An example of a forum with thriving interest would be Black Sabbath Online. Myself, I like to remember birthdays and dates of death, but I was not the one who commented on that in the first place; I acknowledged someone else's comment, with which I heartily agree, and which I do not believe was directed at you personally. I was a fan when they broke up 33 years ago, and was around for their media statement of disbandment. The words still echo in my head today. Ramble On brother.

Amen Dark Lord.

True you weren't the one that commented in the 1st place. But your response pretty much called out the entire forum...at least that's how I took it. If that's how you feel, that's fine. We all deal with death differently.. There is no right or wrong way.

I've had too much experience with death this year. I lost my Father in June and a close friend of mine died last week at the age of 29... so I apologize if I took what you wrote too personally. I come here to get away from those thoughts.

Black Sabbath online should be thriving right now. They just put out their 1st studio album with Ozzy Osbourne in 35 years.

I'm still amazed at the level of interest here (lz.com).

Peace DL.

and Amen to OzzyisDio...

Edited by the chase

True you weren't the one that commented in the 1st place. But your response pretty much called out the entire forum...at least that's how I took it. If that's how you feel, that's fine. We all deal with death differently.. There is no right or wrong way.

I've had too much experience with death this year. I lost my Father in June and a close friend of mine died last week at the age of 29... so I apologize if I took what you wrote too personally. I come here to get away from those thoughts.

Black Sabbath online should be thriving right now. They just put out their 1st studio album with Ozzy Osbourne in 35 years.

Peace DL.

and Amen to OzzyisDio...

Peace brother. No offence intended.

Peace DL.

and Amen to OzzyisDio...

It's hoping even more now, that they are releasing a live DVD, Bluray and CD, combo titled Gathered In Their Masses.

And Amen to you brother, and my condolences to you and your family.

Really? Speaking for myself, I'm starting to think it makes more sense to celebrate John's birth date.

I chose to NOT post something this year... but believe me he was in my thoughts the entire day.

I remember exactly where I was and what I did on September 25th 1980.

For a band that split up 33 years ago, the level of interest is unequaled.

Thank you. I feel the same...would rather celebrate the joy of his birthday (Led Zeppelin played several concerts on Bonzo's birthday; none on Sept. 25) than relive the pain of his death.

We have all shared our stories of what we were doing on September 25, 1980 many times over, and there was already another thread over in the news section going on where someone posted Dave Lewis' wonderful column. So no...it wasn't exactly missed.

I could not agree more. I recently joined and there has been nothing engaging about the experience. Sad indeed that such a great band has been reduced to this level of interest.

Post something 'engaging' then. Instead of complaining, provide an alternative.

Edited by Strider

Post something 'engaging' then. Instead of complaining, provide an alternative.

Perhaps you have an answer to my question that was posted in the Tour Over Europe Poster thread a couple of weeks ago. That would be most helpful.

OzzyIsDio: I agree, BSO really is hopping lately. Can't wait for the new video!

Edited by The Dark Lord

Perhaps you have an answer to my question that was posted in the Tour Over Europe Poster thread a couple of weeks ago. That would be most helpful.

OzzyIsDio: I agree, BSO really is hopping lately. Can't wait for the new video!

Do you really think I have the time to read every single thread every single day? I'm sorry, but many threads go by the wayside unless I'm specifically directed towards them by someone. That Tour Over Europe Poster thread was started three years ago and I wasn't even aware it was back until you mentioned it.

Regarding your question...it is probably a fake. The size seems too small and by 1983 there were tons of repros in the market. Still, it does look nice and would look even nicer matted and framed.

At this point in time, even the 1980s repros are hard to come by in pristine condition.

Do you really think I have the time to read every single thread every single day? I'm sorry, but many threads go by the wayside unless I'm specifically directed towards them by someone. That Tour Over Europe Poster thread was started three years ago and I wasn't even aware it was back until you mentioned it.

Regarding your question...it is probably a fake. The size seems too small and by 1983 there were tons of repros in the market. Still, it does look nice and would look even nicer matted and framed.

At this point in time, even the 1980s repros are hard to come by in pristine condition.

That was my thinking too. Unfortunately, I held on to it for all these years, believing that it was the real deal. Thanks for wading in with your opinion.

• 7 months later...

When I listen to LZ, my foot taps, my body moves, I make faces, and my hands try very hard to keep up with the mad drumming skills of John Bonham!! Happy birthday, Bonzo, and THANK YOU for being the heartbeat of the best band on earth!! ❤

Happy Birthday John Henry Bonham. Wish you were still with us.

I'll be having a pint or two in your honour.

beer_mat2.jpg

ALways liked that bit from the recording I have of the show. Thanks Strider.

A big Happy Birthday to John Henry Bonham! Still so sad that he's no longer here!

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Bonzo!

Thirty-four years gone -- or nearly so. It's absolutely mental to think that someone I never met, and who died several years before I was born, could have had such an impact on my life.

Edited by Melcórë

I finally invested in decent quality headphones and have been listening to LZ's albums with even greater appreciation. And I've been blown away by John Bonham's drums now that I can hear them so much more clearly. He was amazing. I'll be playing "Moby Dick" in his honor, loud.

Edited by ledastray

It is not just for the selfish reasons of wanting more Led Zeppelin music that I wish John Bonham was still alive, but also so that he could be around for his family and to see how his little boy has grown up and become a talented drummer in his own write.

Any reading of Led Zeppelin books and articles will illustrate how John Bonham was a man of many moods, depending on his alcohol intake and the distance between himself and his home. I am reminded of something fellow birthday-boy Walt Whitman, who also was born on May 31, wrote in his "Leaves of Grass": "I am large, I contain multitudes."