Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

Tonight, on the Viacom cable channel Palladia, TSRTS is being shown. The Channel Guide Info lists, for the credits of TSTRS:

John Bonham, Jimmy Page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Birthday John Henry Bonham!!! 

You are missed by Me and millions of people from all over the world, every single day.  As I type this, I am listening to your "Birthday Party" concert at the Los Angeles Forum on May 31, 1973. 

 

Edited to add:  LONG LIVE JOHN "BONZO" BONHAM.  THE GREATEST DRUMMER IN THE HISTORY OF ROCK AND ROLL!!!

Edited by kingzoso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not remembering John Bonham today because it is his birthday (It is not), but rather because 36 years ago was the last day he was still with us. This day always takes me back to 1980 and what could have come from him had he not passed away the next day on the 25th. So it is a special day in my mind to play a John Bonham drum solo to celebrate him. Long live John Bonham!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by luvlz2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

I'm not remembering John Bonham today because it is his birthday (It is not), but rather because 36 years ago was the last day he was still with us. This day always takes me back to 1980 and what could have come from him had he not passed away the next day on the 25th. So it is a special day in my mind to play a John Bonham drum solo to celebrate him. Long live John Bonham!

 

Amen.  I can't keep a smile off of my face and cannot keep still when I listen to those mad drumming skills.  My ears always gravitate to the drums, and I usually end with 'What a workout!'.  Will join you in saluting my favorite drummer and will enjoy listening to some of those mad drumming skills today.  Long live John Bonham! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Bonham passed away 36 years ago today. I reread the lovely article Sathington posted above last year.

When I think of and remember John Henry Bonham, it is not the drum solos that come to mind. I can take or leave them for the most part. No, it is his unerring deep-in-the-pocket groove and the powerful yet beautiful natural sound of his drums that made John Bonham so distinctive and so great a drummer. 

A tip of the hat and a raised pint of Ballantine's in his honour. ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time lurker but first time poster here. What always makes me marvel at Bonham's brilliant drum solos is the musicality of it. Sounds daft: a drum is a musical instrument, so of course it's "musical", right? But then, a drum is the only instrument in a four piece band that can't play a C chord etc. Despite this, Bonzo made the drums sound wonderfully musical, partly from the skill of his playing, but also the ability he had to tune & set up his kit. I'm probably not explaining this too well, but imo, his ability to tune the kit is a gift not given to many (not even to that many professional drummers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 76229 said:

Long time lurker but first time poster here. What always makes me marvel at Bonham's brilliant drum solos is the musicality of it. Sounds daft: a drum is a musical instrument, so of course it's "musical", right? But then, a drum is the only instrument in a four piece band that can't play a C chord etc. Despite this, Bonzo made the drums sound wonderfully musical, partly from the skill of his playing, but also the ability he had to tune & set up his kit. I'm probably not explaining this too well, but imo, his ability to tune the kit is a gift not given to many (not even to that many professional drummers).

Welcome to the board, and kudos for making your first post right where you did on the board for what I consider a heavy day in Zep history for a band I love so much! You just won $50,000 (said like a game show host). :hysterical: Why don't we settle for "Achilles Last Stand", a song that shows Bonham's powerful drumming skills. Long live John Bonham!! :)

 

http://www.jambase.com/article/remembering-john-bonham-drumming-years-led-zeppelin

Edited by luvlz2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest In Peace John. You're the main reason I fell in love with playing the Drums.

Love and respect to his Family Friends and Fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in 7th grade in 1980, I'll never forget walking the halls at Frost Jr. High (Schaumburg, IL) the day after. Lot's of sad faces that day. Fast forward to December 8th and I remember my band/music teacher crying. Man what a year for loss. Bonzo, Scott, and Lennon. + Darby Crash for any punk fans here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2016 at 10:38 AM, Strider said:

When I think of and remember John Henry Bonham, it is not the drum solos that come to mind. I can take or leave them for the most part. No, it is his unerring deep-in-the-pocket groove and the powerful yet beautiful natural sound of his drums that made John Bonham so distinctive and so great a drummer. 

A tip of the hat and a raised pint of Ballantine's in his honour. ?

 

Absolutely! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...