Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

In the movie "Stanley and Iris" (1990), Robert De Niro plays a man who can't read or write.  He gets Jane Fonda to teach him.  In one scene at the 1:07:29 mark, Stanley asks some kids for directions and one of the kids is wearing a tye-dye Led Zeppelin shirt with the Four Symbols standing about two feet in front of Bobby D.  There is absolutely no way that De Niro could not have seen this Led Zeppelin shirt (also considering the multiple takes this scene may have had).

I literally own 93 Led Zeppelin shirts (yes, 93) and I have to admit that this is one that I don't have.  

A Led Zeppelin poster on one of the front windows of the Record Stop in Patchgue, New York. You can see the Led Zeppelin poster on the left of the screen at the beginning of this video of Prong playing in front of the Record Stop October 6, 2023:

Edited by luvlz2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Drew Carey Show  Episode: In Ramada Da Vida, 1998

Drew and the guys get their band back together.  Drew has to leave before the second set and they say to him "What about the Led Zeppelin medley?  We can't do Whole Lotta Love without the accordion!" 

• 1 month later...

A bit of ‘Ramble On’ was played during a break in the action of the Capitals-Jets NHL game in Washington. First time I’ve heard that Zep number at a sporting event. Usually it’s Immigrant Song or Rock n Roll, etc. Nice!

2 hours ago, GregEnright said:

A bit of ‘Ramble On’ was played during a break in the action of the Capitals-Jets NHL game in Washington. First time I’ve heard that Zep number at a sporting event. Usually it’s Immigrant Song or Rock n Roll, etc. Nice!

2 hours ago, ebk said:

All the talk of Jimmy monetizing the Zeppelin legacy. This only happens with his approval. To be fair, the list of classic rock artists heard at sports events is endless, but it's become a cottage industry. Sports leagues and teams purchase song packages from music publishers to use as part of the entertainment experience at their events. The publishers go to the artists to gauge interest if they want in. Credit to Ozzy; his songs got the ball rolling - well one in particular - and now it's a runaway Crazy Train.

7 hours ago, Zep Hed said:

I have the full MTM Show in my video library. You must understand why my eyes would have been drawn somewhere else in that shot! 🙃

Oh, I'm with you brother! 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 7:20 AM, bcarter690 said:

Mary Tyler Moore show...she's hip to Zep.

MTM PG S6E8.jpg

Great find.  A few notes.  First, that outfit takes me back to 1975.  Second, I looked up the episode.  It aired Nov 1, 1975.  It was filmed June 13, 1975, just 3 months after the release of the album.