Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

I was surprised that Genesis didn't implement a one copy only policy to customers. I wasn't until I read on here that someone had bought two copies of Deluxe edition that I realised they hadn't.

My book was bought for me as a gift. I wouldn't have had the money anyway to buy a second copy. The point I was making was if I'd had two copies and faced financial hardship, I could have kept my original copy and sold one. I wouldn't be faced with the dilemma of whether to part with it.

I'm sure the people who are buying them on ebay for the extortionate prices they're going for are genuine fans. Afterall not all Led Zeppelin fans are members of LedZeppelin.com.

Anyway, I feel extremely fortunate to have one copy coming my way, hopefully very soon...

Magic, I understand how someone could question their policy on multiple purchases however I'm very fortunate to have been able to purchase multiple copies of this awesome book. Only upon my demise will I ever part with these books and I'm sure at least one of them will be buried with me. The second will go to my nephew to carry on the legacy of Led Zeppelin thoughout the remainder of this century and I certainly hope it becomes a valued family heirloom some day.

Cheers, Matt

I would be very happy if he did that. I don't expect a tour.

I would also be happy with new music. I wouldn't want Jimmy to have the pressures of touring at his age.

However, if Jimmy just wants to put his feet up and enjoy his retirement I'd respect his decision to do that. Whatever makes Jimmy happy makes me happy as a fan. He's already given us so much wonderful music we should be content with that as it stands. :)

Sorry for being off topic! I'm now counting down the days until my book arrives! :rolleyes:

Yes. That picture has its own page. Then there are two others, one with Jimmy and Brian with someone else, possibly an engineer, then one of Jimmy alone as he bows the guitar.

Thank you - it's a great photo, I think. Someone just sent me the photo of Jimmy in front of the Sphinx - I love that one too.

There are guys in their 70's still playing live, my nieghbour who is in his 70's is in a local mini big band (oxymoron) come Jazz and still plays the guitar. Ok he isn't doing "Chuck Berry's" duckwalk anymore, but still playing live.

Finally made it home Saturday at 4PM from the business trip from hell last week I am hoping that the notice is in my mailbox (located almost 3 miles from my home and not able to get to until tomorrow- as the only way I was able to get home was to leave my car at the entrance of my community and have a security person bring me home in a 4 wheel drive)

I am just really, really hoping it is there...#665 which I ordered so that the one closest to #666 owned by Jimmy can never be sold/exploited on any site...as selling mine will not be an option EVER!!!!

Thanks again to everyone who has posted video's, photos from the book ;)

Finally made it home Saturday at 4PM from the business trip from hell last week I am hoping that the notice is in my mailbox (located almost 3 miles from my home and not able to get to until tomorrow- as the only way I was able to get home was to leave my car at the entrance of my community and have a security person bring me home in a 4 wheel drive)

I am just really, really hoping it is there...#665 which I ordered so that the one closest to #666 owned by Jimmy can never be sold/exploited on any site...as selling mine will not be an option EVER!!!!

Thanks again to everyone who has posted video's, photos from the book ;)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Deborah! Please let us know if you get your book.

Edited to say I just saw your post above. Congrats! :D

^^^ Well I am beyond happy to report that I just got a ring at my doorbell and IT's HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#665. I'll post my thoughts after I get off work tonight. I am so excited and cannot believe it's finally here :D:cheer::thumbsup::notworthy::yay::yay::yay:

I am so happy for you!! :D I felt the same.

^^^ Well I am beyond happy to report that I just got a ring at my doorbell and IT's HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#665. I'll post my thoughts after I get off work tonight. I am so excited and cannot believe it's finally here :D:cheer::thumbsup::notworthy::yay::yay::yay:

Post some pics!

Did I tell you I asked Genesis to get 665 or 667?

All I can say is WOW!!! This book is so beautifully crafted. It's heavy and large. The paper is thick yet soft. I have had the white gloves on and will be looking at it again in a few. I just keep staring at it, (I can't help myself!!!). I am so wanting to post the 75 Baton Rouge photos on pages 278 and 279 as I was there, but I don't want to ruin it for those who have not received their copy.

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is #665

JimmyBook2665.jpg

JimmyBookarrival.jpg

hecube, sorry about #665 :-)

Just make sure it's not exposed to sunlight. Those damn UV can do real damage over time...

I was going to ask where everyone is going to keep their books. I want mine to be on display but I get so much sunlight in my house everything fades. Yet I don't want it hidden away in a box where I can't see it. :unsure:

I was going to ask where everyone is going to keep their books. I want mine to be on display but I get so much sunlight in my house everything fades. Yet I don't want it hidden away in a box where I can't see it. :unsure:

Tinted glass.

Glad to see Deborah J and Hecube have finally received their books. I was excited for you to get your copies. I hope you love them!

Now we have to wait and enjoy the excitement one more time when Magic's book comes!

Glad to see Deborah J and Hecube have finally received their books. I was excited for you to get your copies. I hope you love them!

Now we have to wait and enjoy the excitement one more time when Magic's book comes!

Thanks Dandu!! I can't wait until after work today so I can look at it again!! And Magic, looking forward to your thoughts when yours arrives :D

Thank you Dandu and Deborah. I'm really excited now as it's due to arrive sometime next week. The wait is almost over! :D

Just received an e-mail from Genesis publishing that my book will ship this week and I have #1041 can't wait!

i have book 942 and i have been told that i will get notified when its ready for shipping with no luck yet blink.gif

dont they send the books in numerical order?

i have book 942 and i have been told that i will get notified when its ready for shipping with no luck yet blink.gif

dont they send the books in numerical order?

According to that letter that came w/ the brochure, Genesis was supposed to contact everyone after they returned from Christmas break on Jan. 4 and give an exact date of when your book would ship. Here it is the 18th now and I'm still waiting to hear from them. I must say that I am very dissatisfied with the way Genesis has been handling things- I understand that there were issues like Jimmy wanting to add more photos, production problems, etc. but I shouldn't have to keep contacting them to get answers.

Archived