Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

I think I also like the cover of the Collector's edition more than my Deluxe edition. Plus it also looks like there is a full length picture on the back cover as well - true?

I knew I should have ordered one of each but the price tag was so high that I opted to get just what I could get away telling my wife. When I told her the price of the book 2 weeks back, she was more than a bit stunned. When I told her what the book was going for on eBay, she got upset with me and said I should have bought more and sold the 2nd one on eBay to make up the cost of the 1st one! Go figure! But she is right.

Now that I've gone through the entire book, I re-packed it just the way it came (minus the Genesis black plastic cover) and will take it out to "show" to only special Zep-appreciative friends or on historic Led Zep occasions. Was the book worth the wait? Yes...........definitely a Yes.

That's right, there are two different photos, one on the cover and one on the back. I actually like the one on the back, which I believe shows a younger Jimmy, more.

Dandu thank you so much for sharing these amazing pictures of the book, and I'm so relieved that you are happy with it, it does look stunning (so does your interior to your house!). I actually perfer the look of the 'cheaper' version with the perspex covers. You must have been so thrilled to actually be in the book!! :D I can't wait for mine to arrive now. I agree with you about not sharing too many photos on here until we've all received. I don't want to spoil it for myself! Enjoy your book and Merry Christmas! :D

I think you will really enjoy the book when it arrives. It is difficult not to be captivated by the beauty of the book itself, let alone the content. I hope yours arrives soon. All the best for the Holidays and the New Year!

#428 here. A little visual record of the arrival of The Book. Just over 4 minutes long, with some rare Zep instrumentals and live recordings. Yes, I was home alone and had far too much time on my hands.

Enjoy!

Great Video! And I am glad I watched until the end, because I had no idea that there was a catalogue in the packaging! I must have overlooked it! I ran out to check and there it was! Thanks!

Dandu- Thanks for posting pics of your book- I also agree w/ those who said they like the cover of the Collectors Edition better (but I really think Jimmy should have chosen the pic of him that's on the back cover to be on the front cover instead).

Triplet Kick- Great video! done really nicely w/ the music.

Aen27- did your book arrive in time for Christmas? I remember you posting earlier an email from Genesis saying that you should get it in time.

For those who got their books- what courier delivered them? I know FedEx was mentioned by people who got Deluxe Editions & I was wondering if the same will be used for sending Collector Editions.

Dandu- Thanks for posting pics of your book- I also agree w/ those who said they like the cover of the Collectors Edition better (but I really think Jimmy should have chosen the pic of him that's on the back cover to be on the front cover instead).

Aen27- did your book arrive in time for Christmas? I remember you posting earlier an email from Genesis saying that you should get it in time.

For those who got their books- what courier delivered them? I know FedEx was mentioned by people who got Deluxe Editions & I was wondering if the same will be used for sending Collector Editions.

My deluxe edition was delivered by FedEx. Before they came, they left a message on my home voicemail indicating that a package requiring a signature was arriving on that day. Unfortunately I was not home that day but I did get the voicemail and the FedEx delivery note left on my front door. I took a day off the next day and waited for the book to arrive which it finally did. Best day off ever!

No, but the brochure and the letter did today. The letter said they would contact me in January when it will ship. They are off next week I think, right?

#428 here. A little visual record of the arrival of The Book. Just over 4 minutes long, with some rare Zep instrumentals and live recordings. Yes, I was home alone and had far too much time on my hands.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for this. It makes my wait a little longer easier.

Enjoy!

Just WOW!

Absolutely outstanding job with that vid.

@Dandu, Stargoves Tangie, aen27, Zepaholic & Led Zep Girl - thanks for your kind appreciation of my little film. I dunno if I'd call it a "masterpiece" (some cuts' timings are totally off with the music) but if it's brightened anyone's day then my work is done.

A few people have asked me what's the music. It is:

1. Hey Hey What Can I Do (instrumental taken from studio bootlegs)

2. Celebration Day Francis (instrumental taken from studio bootlegs)

3. The Rain Song (taken from soundboard of NYC 14 Feb 1975)

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy!

Thats very cool, Your a lucky guy having that but "Hey Hey What Can I Do" ? it must of Been a "Celebration Day" when you got it, Just "The rain Song" for me though. Thanks agin for a sneek at it and Jimmy Page all his life has to be the Coolest looking guitar player ever, each photo almost iconic of him.

It came today. I am relieved, excited and I can't stop looking at it. I have # 554. :wub:

I'm so happy for you that you've finally got your book aen. Enjoy! :D And please let us all know what you think of it when you get the time.

I'm still waiting for mine. I'm hoping later this week or next week. :unsure:

Archived