Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

Wrote to them again last night and heard from David this morning. This is what he wrote me. I really hope it does arrive before Christmas. Mine is the collector one. It will have been a year since Ross leaked it in his diary:

Dear Alexandra,

Having now shipped all Deluxe copies we are waiting for the first Collector copies to arrive from the binders.

The current production/delivery schedule indicates that your book will be bound and shipped before Christmas.

regards

David

matt could you please share some more pictures with us? the first few pages besides the cover maybe?

you are so lucky man you must be amongst the first 100 people to receive it!

VirusSnake,

I think it's totally cool you're from Athens, Greece. Spent some time there and it was awesome. That's whats great about this site...mingling with Zep fanatics from all over the world....totally cool. As per your request here are some random photo's of the Jimmy Page book.

Enjoy

JImmyPageBookPhoto12.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto13.jpg

JImmyPageBookPhoto14.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto15.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto16.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto17.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto18.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto19.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto20.jpg

Cheers, Matt

Many thanks and props to you for sharing peace.gif

The book seems stunning and i am sure it will be better in person. Have you had time to read at some of the captions? Thats the only thing i am worried about, i know this is a photography book, but since Page wrote em they could be very insightful.

Thanks for the peek!

I heard some mixed feelings from some who got theirs already.

One poor soul got his damaged, with what he said was super cheap packaging for a 1,100 dollar book. AND the worst complaint was the "signed" copies really just had a CARD signed...NOT the book. I would be so angry if something that valuable.....to the fan, came all buggered up like that from a supposed great publishing house.

$$$$$$$

Thanks for the peek!

One poor soul got his damaged, with what he said was super cheap packaging for a 1,100 dollar book. AND the worst complaint was the "signed" copies really just had a CARD signed...NOT the book. I would be so angry if something that valuable.....to the fan, came all buggered up like that from a supposed great publishing house.

$$$$$$$

It would seem you are right:

JimmyPageBookPhoto8.jpg

Thanks for the peek!

$$$$$$$

This doesn't sound very good. All these months waiting and the book arrives damaged, that's so disappointing. You would think that with all the money we've spent Genesis could at least send out the book with protective packaging. Anyone here who receives a damaged book should make a complaint to Genesis. Maybe they'll change their packing methods if we do.

We were told that the books themselves weren't going to signed by Jimmy, but a signed 'book plate' would be insterted during the binding process.

I'll have to make my mind up whether the book was worth the wait and the money when I eventually get my hands on mine.

We were told that the books themselves weren't going to signed by Jimmy, but a signed 'book plate' would be insterted during the binding process.

If I am not mistaken, we were told that long after they went out for sale (certainly after I ordered my copy). I think it was in the context of the delays Genesis advised that the book plates had been sent to Jimmy for signing. I was a bit disappointed when I heard that. Part of the thrill of getting the book was that it would have come from Jimmy's hands to mine, so to speak.

That said, I probably would still have ordered it, and the logistics of signing 2500 books are surely much more complicated than just signing a page to be inserted into the book.

Besides, I can now say as friends view the book: This page, is from Page. :P

Just got my Deluxe copy - fantastic. Have other Genesis books and this is certainly the best, which is saying something. They never cease to amaze. The book is absolutely fantastic. I've seen both Deluxe and Collector copies and both are pure works of art. They are now sold out so the investment is worth it. Have a look at E-bay, someone has run into financial difficulty and is selling their Deluxe copy - $2000!

Don't worry about the packaging - they use the best materials. The boxes are sturdy. You might get the odd dent or scrape on the packaging but I've never had a damaged book. They are the best in the business and know what they are doing.

The signature is on a bookplate inserted into the book during binding. This is the way it always works with Genesis. The book weighs around 8 kilos - does anybody really expect Jimmy to have a huge pile of 2500 books put in front of him? Get real or cancel your order.

I'll bet that once you all get your books you will agree with me. Stop moaning.

If I am not mistaken, we were told that long after they went out for sale (certainly after I ordered my copy). I think it was in the context of the delays Genesis advised that the book plates had been sent to Jimmy for signing. I was a bit disappointed when I heard that. Part of the thrill of getting the book was that it would have come from Jimmy's hands to mine, so to speak.

That said, I probably would still have ordered it, and the logistics of signing 2500 books are surely much more complicated than just signing a page to be inserted into the book.

Besides, I can now say as friends view the book: This page, is from Page. :P

I got a note from Fedex today but it can't be the book since I got the less expensive version and it can't be out yet?

I think it's my daughter's phone but I wish I were wrong!

I was told they will start shipping the collector version, which I also ordered, when they get them from the binders. It seems they just finished shipping the delux version.

VirusSnake,

I think it's totally cool you're from Athens, Greece. Spent some time there and it was awesome. That's whats great about this site...mingling with Zep fanatics from all over the world....totally cool. As per your request here are some random photo's of the Jimmy Page book.

Enjoy

JImmyPageBookPhoto12.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto13.jpg

JImmyPageBookPhoto14.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto15.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto16.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto17.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto18.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto19.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto20.jpg

Cheers, Matt

Thank you for sharing the pictures with us. It seems so well done. Congrats for getting the book. B)

Anyone else received their book?

Anyone received a deluxe edition so far?

Been talking to Genesis as I'm waiting for my Collector copy. All Deluxes have gone out and around 600 Collector copies will be shipped before Christmas. Going to the Genesis gallery in the New Year. i have more of their books but want to see the whole catalogue - these guys do some real great work. I think I'm putting a pension fund in place by collecting these works of art.

Wow! Wow! Wow! I just got book number 265 and it was worth the wait. More than the pictures, I was curious to see the captions. I've only gone through 155 of 500+ pages but I am very very happy to read Page's words to the pictures. Not all pictures have words but there are many captions where its more than just one or two lines. I've attached a nice sample. So far, this is the longest caption. This is truly a masterpiece and also very heavy (literally).

post-2932-0-76922600-1292028985_thumb.jp

I just found out today that my book (Collector edition) won't be shipped until January. :(

When did you order yours? I ordered mine Collector edition) on April 8th and I was just told before Christmas last week. It still hasn't come. I was told they were waiting to get it from the binders.

Wow! Wow! Wow! I just got book number 265 and it was worth the wait. More than the pictures, I was curious to see the captions. I've only gone through 155 of 500+ pages but I am very very happy to read Page's words to the pictures. Not all pictures have words but there are many captions where its more than just one or two lines. I've attached a nice sample. So far, this is the longest caption. This is truly a masterpiece and also very heavy (literally).

Very very interesting. I am interested in what he says almost as much as the pictures he put. Thanks for this. :)

This from my friend, life-long Led Zeppelin enthusiast Rick Barrett...

Dear Led Zeppelin fan,

I hope things are going well in your world wherever you are. I am delighted to report that today I received the Deluxe Edition of the Genesis Publications Jimmy Page book which many (including myself!) have been anticipating for some time now. Instead of just ripping open the package, I decided to share the moment with fellow Zeppelin fans.

I hope everyone respects my choice, in deference to Jimmy Page and Genesis Publications, to refrain from showing the book’s photographs in detail; instead I just did a flip through to get the feel of the more than 400 beautiful pages. My intention to film this was to share my excitement about receiving the piece as well as share the incredible quality of the item itself “in person” as best I could, especially for those who may not be familiar with Genesis and their high standards.

Shortly after filming the short clip, I took time to look at the book in depth; as you can imagine once I started looking at it, I simply couldn’t set it down! I spent nearly TWO HOURS taking in every page, reading every caption, and examining the credits as well; it was a wonderful experience that I’m grateful to have been able to enjoy. I am impressed with the love, attention, networking and care that took place to produce this amazing book; for me, I believe the long wait for it just added to my excitement level once I sat down with it.

The piece is now back in its original cardboard box, packed up exactly as it was when it arrived (even back inside the black plastic mailing materials), and it’s alongside other treasures in my Led Zeppelin library. I’m sure it will be magnificent to enjoy again and share with others whenever the time is right…

Happy Holidays to everyone; if I can be of any help with any Zeppelin memorabilia questions, please let me know, and I’ll do my best to help however I can.

Whole Lotta Love,

Rick Barrett

Rick Barrett

P.O. Box 66262

Houston, TX 77266-6262 U.S.A.

RickBarrettMail@comcast.net

http://www.zeppelincollectibles.com

For those interested, my current selection of Zeppelin collectibles for sale are all here at this link…

http://stores.ebay.com/Ricks-Cool-Collectibles

Archived