Jimmy Page book: post in here when you receive your copy!

hecube

Well I emailed Genesis last week about my copy #1067 and got a response from David stating:

We are currently sending out the 350 Deluxe copies and the binders are working on Collector copies the first batch of which will be received in 7-10 days.

The current production schedule indicates that your book will be ready for Christmas but as we are being pretty innovative in terms of binding materials ( perspex) the binders are having to work a bit slower than usual as it's new to them. we are in constant contact with them to check on production.

If there are any slippages in the schedule then we will let our customers know.

Sounds like a definite maybe.

Somehow I can't see it being delivered by Christmas especially with the weather in the north.

I much rather a music album instead of more damn pictures!

The way it's going there's more likelihood of a CD being released first.

Well I emailed Genesis last week about my copy #1067 and got a response from David stating:

We are currently sending out the 350 Deluxe copies and the binders are working on Collector copies the first batch of which will be received in 7-10 days.

The current production schedule indicates that your book will be ready for Christmas but as we are being pretty innovative in terms of binding materials ( perspex) the binders are having to work a bit slower than usual as it's new to them. we are in constant contact with them to check on production.

If there are any slippages in the schedule then we will let our customers know.

Hope and pray you get your copy before Christmas Magic! :D

I'm pretty sure my books are now at the Fedex depot and I'm now leaving to go pick them up. I hope I don't crash on the way over 'cause I'm so freakin' excited I can hardly wait.

I will post an update and hopefully a pic or two later tonight.

Cheers, Matt

Three more photo's to share...the quality and detail of this book is absolutely incredible.

JimmyPageBookPhoto9.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto10.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto11.jpg

Oh and by the way...when you receive your copy there is a piece of clear, protective, celophane over Jimmy's face on the outside protective cover. Don't try to take this off as it's difficult to get back on. I started to take mine off before I realized I had better leave it on for protection purposes.....and its a pain in the ass to get back on.

Cheers,

Matt

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

This book is truly a work of art. Below are some initial pictures of my Deluxe Edition, Copy #108:

Enjoy the photos...you're going to love the real thing.

JimmyPageBookPhoto3.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto4.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto5.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto6.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto7.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto8.jpg

...more to follow

Cheers,

Matt

Three more photo's to share...the quality and detail of this book is absolutely incredible.

JimmyPageBookPhoto9.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto10.jpg

JimmyPageBookPhoto11.jpg

Oh and by the way...when you receive your copy there is a piece of clear, protective, celophane over Jimmy's face on the outside protective cover. Don't try to take this off as it's difficult to get back on. I started to take mine off before I realized I had better leave it on for protection purposes.....and its a pain in the ass to get back on.

Cheers,

Matt

Gosh, these photos are just so awesome! Thank you so much for sharing Matt!! :thumbsup:

Yes, thank you Matt for sharing, it looks amazing and I'm so relieved to see that members are at last receiving their copies. :thumbsup:

Is that a protective cloth bag that it comes with? I have the collector's copy coming, hopefully before Christmas, I wonder if we'll get one of those?

Anyway it looks stunning and well worth the wait! B)

Yes, thank you Matt for sharing, it looks amazing and I'm so relieved to see that members are at last receiving their copies. :thumbsup:

Is that a protective cloth bag that it comes with? I have the collector's copy coming, hopefully before Christmas, I wonder if we'll get one of those?

Anyway it looks stunning and well worth the wait! B)

Magic,

What was pretty cool was the whole package the book came in. The outside cover/box with Jimmy's picture on it that opened to find the book in the protective cloth bag is felt lined and very high quality . The cloth bag the book was in is also of very high quality. All in all the book and it's multiple protective covers are very high quality.

Cheers, Matt

Magic,

What was pretty cool was the whole package the book came in. The outside cover/box with Jimmy's picture on it that opened to find the book in the protective cloth bag is felt lined and very high quality . The cloth bag the book was in is also of very high quality. All in all the book and it's multiple protective covers are very high quality.

Cheers, Matt

Matt thanks for posting those great pictures. The packaging does look really high quality, I'm really impressed with how Genesis have presented the book. I can't wait to get my hands on mine now.

Congrrats Zeppaholic on getting the book (finally!) and thanks for sharing!

Did Genesis send you any tracking info beforehand or did you just get a notice from FedEx saying it had arrived?

Stargroves,

I spoke with Genesis about 2 weeks ago inquiring on my book #'s and at this time they told me there was an additional delay. At that time they mentioned the books would ship out in 2-3 weeks but they didn't have a tracking number at that time as it was too premature. They also told me the Deluxe Editions would definitely ship first. I was then just waiting for the books and when I got home yesterday there was a Fedex note on my door indicating they'd be back the following day to deliver the parcel. As such I contacted them and arranged to pick-up my books at the Fedex depot.

I'm sure you'll have your book very soon.

Cheers, Matt

I just bought Keith Richards' LIFE autobiography....will wait for the paperback version of Jimmy's tome. B)

But seriously, the book is both a great idea and a not-so-great idea...most Zep fans will never get their hands on a copy.

But then, Jimmy was always one to do things differently.

I emailed Genesis Sunday night about the status of my book. I still haven't heard back from them, so I am wondering what is going on. It was the collectors edition and I ordered it the 1st or 2nd day it was avaliable in April.

This is the reply I got from Genesis on the 29 Nov. I ordered it in April/May.

Dear John,

The binders have all 2500 copies in the edition to bind and are working hard to get them done as quickly as they possibly can.

All Deluxe copies will have shipped by the middle of next week and we will then start receiving and despatching Collector copies. Current schedules indicate that your order will be ready before Christmas but as this book has quite an intricate binding we are monitoring the schedules with the binders every few days.

If there is any slippage in production we will advise customers accordingly.

Regards

David

Archived