Which Would You Rather Have...

Jimmy's A Legend

DVD or TSRTS  

52 members have voted

1. 1. which one?

• 02 concert DVD
    • TSRTS

I have the 3rd Eye DVD of the O2, but it would be nice if there was an official version. At the same time, the making of SRTS would be so interesting. Who knows what footage they have, especially Jimmy. And they are just about all alive still, ie Bonzo and Peter Grant. That's why I picked SRTS.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm gonna go with a DVD of the O2 show. At least with the O2 DVD you would be getting 1 single concert. Whereas with TSRTS, it's footage that is edited together from 3 differant shows, plus they don't have all of the footage from those three shows (hence the fantasy sequences).

For those that would argue that Zeppelin Sounds better in TSRTS, I would ask you to think about what something. On the '73 tour of North America, Zeppelin was tired, and worn out. Just listen to Rock and Roll on TSRTS compared to the studio version. It's ridiculously slow. The band as a whole was sluggish, and Plant's voice really doesn't sound that great on TSRTS when you compare it to, say, to the footage from Royal Albert Hall from the Led Zeppelin DVD. Yes the O2 show didn't have Bonzo (RIP), but in terms of energy, and quality of performance, the O2 show beats TSRTS.

• 7 months later...

I would rather have A LED ZEPPELIN REUNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ohmy.gif

And I am not in a forum where I am taking on Robert and his current projects!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Robert would finally be prepared to agree to the reunion if Jimmy would agree to play fucked up versions of all the classics. Bossa nova this time, perhaps?

I'm gonna go with a DVD of the O2 show. At least with the O2 DVD you would be getting 1 single concert. Whereas with TSRTS, it's footage that is edited together from 3 differant shows, plus they don't have all of the footage from those three shows (hence the fantasy sequences).

For those that would argue that Zeppelin Sounds better in TSRTS, I would ask you to think about what something. On the '73 tour of North America, Zeppelin was tired, and worn out. Just listen to Rock and Roll on TSRTS compared to the studio version. It's ridiculously slow. The band as a whole was sluggish, and Plant's voice really doesn't sound that great on TSRTS when you compare it to, say, to the footage from Royal Albert Hall from the Led Zeppelin DVD. Yes the O2 show didn't have Bonzo (RIP), but in terms of energy, and quality of performance, the O2 show beats TSRTS.

Seriously? So you'd rather the O2 version of No Quarter, SIBLY, Dazed, Stairway....?

I'd rather have more of the early stuff, like 1969-1971 than anything else.

A full warm soundboard or film of nearly any concert from those years would be a most wanted addition.

They were ALL firing on all cylinders then, not just 2 or 3 of them.

I'd rather have more of the early stuff, like 1969-1971 than anything else.

A full warm soundboard or film of nearly any concert from those years would be a most wanted addition.

They were ALL firing on all cylinders then, not just 2 or 3 of them.

Have you heard Paris 10.10.69, Oracle? I just posted in the 'live' thread. Top show, about 77 mins, incudes 1st performance of Heartbreaker. Robert on TOP form. Has a bit of echo, but so what.

Have you heard Paris 10.10.69, Oracle? I just posted in the 'live' thread. Top show, about 77 mins, incudes 1st performance of Heartbreaker. Robert on TOP form. Has a bit of echo, but so what.

Oh yeah ! I was listening when it was first 're'-broadcast a couple of years ago online, and shortly after got the pre-radio soundboard without the announcer overdubs.

I'm wanting something even NEWER !! :D

Like Seattle for instance. cool.gif

Archived