Jeff Beck in concert

SourceNRG

I had the VERY good fortune to see Jeff Beck in concert last night, at Foxwoods in Ct. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Words can NOT describe the whole experience.

I posted a longer post about it under the News forum in the Jimmy Page at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thread, if anyone is interested in reading more about what it was like last night.

has anyone else seen him on this tour...or was anyone there from these boards last night?!? :)

I guess one word will suffice to sum up Jeff Beck last night...UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

I am due to see him in June here in England B)

oooooh!!!!!!!!.......ledded1, you are in for a REAL treat!!!!!!!!!! You just won't believe what you are seeing/hearing. ALL of his musicians are UNREAL, too. EVeryone has been talking about Tal on here (the "child prodigy" bass player), but no on has mentioned how GREAT his drummer and keyboard player are. The drummer is AMAZING....and both he and the keyboard player were in Sting's band for many years..as Jeff says, half his band is Sting's band now. LOL!! :) I wish for your sake that June hurries up and gets here...have a GREAT time!! :)

BUCK'EYE'DOC---oh dear...is there ANY way you can get to the show?? Make it a priority!!!!!!! :) You won't regret it, believe me.

Sharon

Like I said instrumentals are fine, when taken in moderation! :rolleyes:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?sh...c=58&st=320

Ah, well, to each their own, i guess. :) I love instrumentals, as well as vocals, being a huge jazz fan and all...lots of instrumentals in jazz, so I guess that's why I didn't mind...and actually, JB's performance was so mind blowing, I not only didn't miss the vocals, i think in some wierd way it would have detracted from what i saw. But, just my opinon...everyone of course has their own taste in music. :)

HOWEVER---I do have to add that I am STILL flying high from the whole concert the other night!!!!! It was just amazing...but I know I have said that 98783648327463256 times already. LOL! :)

Sharon

Ah, well, to each their own, i guess. :) I love instrumentals, as well as vocals, being a huge jazz fan and all...lots of instrumentals in jazz, so I guess that's why I didn't mind...and actually, JB's performance was so mind blowing, I not only didn't miss the vocals, i think in some wierd way it would have detracted from what i saw. But, just my opinon...everyone of course has their own taste in music. :)

HOWEVER---I do have to add that I am STILL flying high from the whole concert the other night!!!!! It was just amazing...but I know I have said that 98783648327463256 times already. LOL! :)

Sharon

I don't mind instrumental concerts either - also being a big jazz fan :)

I had the VERY good fortune to see Jeff Beck in concert last night, at Foxwoods in Ct. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Words can NOT describe the whole experience.

I posted a longer post about it under the News forum in the Jimmy Page at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thread, if anyone is interested in reading more about what it was like last night.

has anyone else seen him on this tour...or was anyone there from these boards last night?!? :)

I guess one word will suffice to sum up Jeff Beck last night...UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

...Lucky to catch him...I will have to read as you posted...I loved what was performed at Hall of Fame....tks. lot...( Bit of Distance for me from Canada...)

He has to be playing with alot of confidence and having the time of his life coming off the RnR HOF induction.

Congrats on seeing him! B)

yes, bigstickbonzo---I would say BOTH are true from all appearances when I saw him the other night...lots of confidence, and having the time of his life!!! :)

Sharon

I caught Jeff Beck at the Park West theater last night in Chicago. It holds only 750 people and the proximity to Jeff and his band was incredible. It was like watching them play in your living room.

Jeff was in tip top form and blew the place away. As a guitarist, there's no one like him.

I caught Jeff Beck at the Park West theater last night in Chicago. It holds only 750 people and the proximity to Jeff and his band was incredible. It was like watching them play in your living room.

Jeff was in tip top form and blew the place away. As a guitarist, there's no one like him.

"chicago"--

SO glad you got to see JB live!!!!!! Your venue was quite a bit smaller than the one i saw him in...that must have been awesome! But he IS truly amazing on the guitar, isn't he???

Isn't his band great, too?? :)

Sharon

Rod Stewart Reunites With Jeff Beck at Los Angeles Concert

Just weeks after reuniting with Jeff Beck Group bassist Ronnie Wood at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, Jeff Beck found himself onstage with another former bandmate from his namesake band last night as Rod Stewart hit the stage at Beck’s gig at the El Rey in Los Angeles. According to Live Daily, Stewart surprised Beck last night when he appeared onstage with a microphone in hand, singing on covers of Curtis Mayfield’s “People Get Ready” and Willie Dixon’s “I Ain’t Superstitious,” which Beck and Stewart recorded together in 1967 for the Jeff Beck Group’s Truth.

Stewart served as vocalist of the Jeff Beck Group for the classic LPs Truth and Beck-Ola. Wood, who along with Beck’s former Yardbirds bandmate Jimmy Page performed at the Rock Hall ceremony, was also a member of that Jeff Beck Group lineup. After Beck-Ola, both Stewart and Wood left the Group, forming another band that has been surrounded by reunion talk in recent months, the Faces. Beck and Stewart briefly reunited again in 1985 for their cover of “People Get Ready” for Beck’s Flash. Last year, Rolling Stone spoke to Beck about the prospect of the Jeff Beck Group possibly reuniting, and at the time Beck seemed pessimistic. “Reformation of bands is never my idea of a good idea. Leave well enough alone, especially 35 years after it happened,” Beck told RS. “It would be fun if we did it in private to see if it would sound any good, but leave it well enough alone and remember it for being groundbreaking at the time.”

Joss Stone also guested at Beck’s concert last night, singing on a cover of Sly & the Family Stone’s “I Want to Take You Higher.” As Rock Daily previously reported, Jeff Beck was recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist after already receiving the honor as a member of the Yardbirds. For much more on this year’s Rock Hall ceremony, check out our Rock Hall hub.

I had wished Rod would be at the HoF ceremony, which didn't happpen, but still, this is something really

and makes me smile.

Rod Stewart Reunites With Jeff Beck at Los Angeles Concert

Just weeks after reuniting with Jeff Beck Group bassist Ronnie Wood at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, Jeff Beck found himself onstage with another former bandmate from his namesake band last night as Rod Stewart hit the stage at Beck’s gig at the El Rey in Los Angeles. According to Live Daily, Stewart surprised Beck last night when he appeared onstage with a microphone in hand, singing on covers of Curtis Mayfield’s “People Get Ready” and Willie Dixon’s “I Ain’t Superstitious,” which Beck and Stewart recorded together in 1967 for the Jeff Beck Group’s Truth.

Stewart served as vocalist of the Jeff Beck Group for the classic LPs Truth and Beck-Ola. Wood, who along with Beck’s former Yardbirds bandmate Jimmy Page performed at the Rock Hall ceremony, was also a member of that Jeff Beck Group lineup. After Beck-Ola, both Stewart and Wood left the Group, forming another band that has been surrounded by reunion talk in recent months, the Faces. Beck and Stewart briefly reunited again in 1985 for their cover of “People Get Ready” for Beck’s Flash. Last year, Rolling Stone spoke to Beck about the prospect of the Jeff Beck Group possibly reuniting, and at the time Beck seemed pessimistic. “Reformation of bands is never my idea of a good idea. Leave well enough alone, especially 35 years after it happened,” Beck told RS. “It would be fun if we did it in private to see if it would sound any good, but leave it well enough alone and remember it for being groundbreaking at the time.”

Joss Stone also guested at Beck’s concert last night, singing on a cover of Sly & the Family Stone’s “I Want to Take You Higher.” As Rock Daily previously reported, Jeff Beck was recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist after already receiving the honor as a member of the Yardbirds. For much more on this year’s Rock Hall ceremony, check out our Rock Hall hub.

I had wished Rod would be at the HoF ceremony, which didn't happpen, but still, this is something really

and makes me smile.

Glicine--

i saw this today, too...GEEZ!!!!!!!! How incredibly cool!! Just wish it had happened at my concert. LOL!! :)

Sharon

I don't mind instrumental concerts either - also being a big jazz fan :)

Me too !

I stumbled across this on YouTube the other day... I love this song and I love Jeff Beck and I love Ray Charles so, :wub: :

Sorry if its been posted 2340234 billion times or something.

Glicine--

i saw this today, too...GEEZ!!!!!!!! How incredibly cool!! Just wish it had happened at my concert. LOL!! :)

Sharon

Man, I would've loved to seen this too! A little out of sync between audio and film, but here's a video of them doing

in LA !! Really cool!

Man, I would've loved to seen this too! A little out of sync between audio and film, but here's a video of them doing
in LA !! Really cool!

Thank you! :thanku:

And I've watched some other videos from the poster, how great to see them together on the stage again. Jeff seemed just as surprised as the audience. :lol:

"chicago"--

SO glad you got to see JB live!!!!!! Your venue was quite a bit smaller than the one i saw him in...that must have been awesome! But he IS truly amazing on the guitar, isn't he???

Isn't his band great, too??

Sharon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a truly inspiring show Sharon. I first saw Jeff Beck on a double bill with Aerosmith in 1975. Jimmy Page was spot on when he recently said 'Jeff just keeps getting better and better" and that was evident last Friday night. Vinnie Colauita also played extremely well and it was great seeing Jeff and Vinnie interact musically.

Very cool footage of Rod Stewart and Jeff together in L.A.

Sharon

Cool, I am seeing him in July here in England..looking forward to vocaless performances :)

Have been away for a bit and am just catching up...thank you for that link to JB playing Drown in my own tears......WOW!!!!!! Very cool.......

Cool that JB is playing in England in July...enjoy!! :)

Sharon

PS...I also agree that JB just seems to get better and better...is it just me, or is he even sharper now than he was in the 70's/80's?? I dunno---is it possible to go from great to even greater?!? LOL! :D

Archived