How Rich are Led Zeppelin

McSeven

How rich would you all speculate that Led Zeppelin are? Do the Bonham kids get any royaties as well.

Are the millionares are mult millionares?

Any thing to add to this post, feel free.

Mc7

How rich would you all speculate that Led Zeppelin are? Do the Bonham kids get any royaties as well.

Are the millionares are mult millionares?

Any thing to add to this post, feel free.

Mc7

Hi Mc7

If you follow this through you will find out for yourself, and i hope be very surprised.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...ch_list_search/

Your interests start on page 31.

Regards, Danny

Here's a list of the top richest UK music artists from the Times Rich List:

1. Sir Paul McCartney - worth £440m

2. Sir Mick Jagger - worth £190m

3. Sting - worth £180m

4. Keith Richards - worth £175m

5. Sir Elton John - worth £175m

6. Sir Tom Jones - worth £130m

7. Eric Clapton - worth £120m

8. Ringo Starr - worth £120m

9. Barry and Robin Gibb - worth £110m

10. Phil Collins - worth £108m

11. David Bowie - worth £100m

12. Rod Stewart - worth £100m

13. George Michael - worth £90m

14. Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne - worth £90m

15. Charlie Watts - worth £85m

16. Roger Waters - worth £85m

17. Robbie Williams - worth £80m

20. David Gilmour - worth £78m

21. Robert Plant - worth £75m

22. Brian May - worth £70m

23. Jimmy Page - worth £70m

24. Roger Taylor - worth £65m

25. Engelburt Humperdinck - worth £60m

26. Mark Knoplfer - worth £60m

27. Noel and Liam Gallagher - worth £52m

28. John Deacon - worth £50m

29. Nick Mason - worth £50m

30. Van Morrison - worth £50m

31. Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow - worth £42m

32. Pete Townshend - worth £40m

33. Sir Cliff Richard - worth £40m

34. Jay Kay - worth £35m

35. John Paul Jones - worth £35m

36. Kylie Minogue - worth £35m

37. Mick Hucknall - worth £35m

38. Ronnie Wood - worth £35m

39. Roger Daltrey - worth £32m

40. Annie Lennox - worth £30m

41. Bryan Ferry - worth £30m

42. Chris De Burgh - worth £30m

43. Dido - worth £30m

44. Gary Barlow - worth £30m

45. Jim Kerr - worth £30m

46. Mike Rutherford - worth £30m

47. Sade - worth £30m

48. Sarah Brightman - worth £30m

49. Vanessa-Mae Nicholson - worth £30m

This list is based on net worth, right? Not income. But I just don't understand how Robbie Williams could be wealthier than Pagey, it seems so wrong. Robbie's contract with Beelzebub is more generous than Jimmy's I guess.

This list is based on net worth, right? Not income. But I just don't understand how Robbie Williams could be wealthier than Pagey, it seems so wrong. Robbie's contract with Beelzebub is more generous than Jimmy's I guess.

Hi 'FireOpal'

The reason that Robbie is so well of in comparison to Pagey is because he is "Now" and not "Zen" (I mean "Then").

He is a "Pop" star that's loved by women and envied by men, sorry i'm mean boys.

He tours relentlessly, he brings out Singles as well as Albums regulary.

He is a very marketable product, he is still young, and single. So worth every penny that his Record Label were prepared to pay him, £80 Million in fact.

Now look on the other hand, what could Led Zeppelins members have achieved if they had not broken up in 1980? Another 28 years of Album sales, maybe 14 World Tours, they would have wealth counted in the Billions of $.

With the ammount of young people that have come on board the "Zeppelin" in the past 30 years or so their fan base would be astronomical, uncountable.

I personaly think that they have the World at their feet still, they would have the highest Record sales of any Artist, they would have the Highest Box Office Takings of Any Band, Ever.

Elvis, The Beatles and Garth Brooks would most certainly be eternaly in their shadow.

Weather it be "Right" or "Wrong" Robbie has allowed himself to be more marketable than Pagey, thats why he is worth more, as far as True Talent and Giftedness goes, well i'll just say this, Pagey passes out (Shits) more of the above in a day than Robbie will see in a liftime in the "Business".

Just my thoughts, Regards, Danny

It's quite apparent, as been stated numerous times by the boys, they don't need the money!

We all know the figures, if they were to do a tour, it would be THE SINGLE BIGGEST TOUR in the history of promotional music.

Enjoy it boys.

I think those numbers are skewed. Isn't Jimmy the executive producer of all the Zeppelin albums and they have sold how many (aka #2 of all-time)? I'm guessing he doesn't want the greedy government to know what he's really worth due to their tough tax laws.

I think those numbers are skewed. Isn't Jimmy the executive producer of all the Zeppelin albums and they have sold how many (aka #2 of all-time)? I'm guessing he doesn't want the greedy government to know what he's really worth due to their tough tax laws.

You pointed it out, Wolfman.

Well, he produced them (an executive producer to my knowledge is movie terminology). But a lot of those other people on the list have made a lot of money from performances, of which we haven't seen Jimmy do many in the last few decades (hint hint, JP). They've also been consistently putting out new material. However I'm no expert in money matters!

And who the heck's Jay Kay?

You know what my next question is going to be, don't you? :D

Never mind, I googled 'em.

I like his hats.

LOL, I ALMOST mentioned his hats.

And I think he was on TV with Jamie Oliver. I watched cooking shows from a lot of coutries, you know what us chinese are like...crazy after food.

LOL, I ALMOST mentioned his hats.

And I think he was on TV with Jamie Oliver. I watched cooking shows from a lot of coutries, you know what us chinese are like...crazy after food.

I used to watch Jamie Oliver's show too. I don't remember him being on it though.

I seem to have missed him altogether, including on Jamie Oliver's show (one of my faves). Still, he seems to be doing OK financially without my input. :D (Actually I just discovered I have some of their stuff on some compilation CDs I never listened to!)

• 1 month later...

I read the list of richest UK musicians and I guess "IF" it is true, accurate and correct (and up to date) than I will have to respect all those figures of all the UK musicians it listed. However, I, personally would think that each respective member of the "mighty" Led Zeppelin would rate alot higher than some of the musicians listed. I say this not only as a die-hard fan of the group but also because I think that the records, tapes cd's and dvd's and merchandise of Led Zeppelin have to constantly sell in the couple of million a year in the United States alone. Alone. Whatever else is sold by Led Zeppelin and their music throughout the rest of the world per year is anyones guess. In my opinion, their are only a handful of British groups that could even match those numbers. Of course the Beatles and Pink Floyd come to my mind. I would venture forth to say that not even the Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton or even Jimi Hendrix sell a million records (etc...) a year. I know Jimi Hendrix is an American but he shot to fame in the UK first. Anyway, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant being the principal Led Zeppelin songwriters I know that they receive a higher royalty rate the JPJ and Bonzo. Last but not least, I would like to say that I know that I have personally contributed something to the financial gain to the "mighty" Led Zeppelin over the past 25 years since I first discovered and bought my first LZ record back in 1983.

Most bands, even HUGE bands, make most of their money from touring. The money made from album sales is miniscule in comparison, especially if the artist isn't a massive seller. That's why musicians who have been on the road recently, especially those that are big draws, like the Stones, Sting and Clapton are more wealthy than the Zep guys. Robert probably makes a pretty good chunk from tours but his ticket prices are pretty low.

Archived