What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

I came home from work yesterday and something was different in my front yard. My big beautifuly shady chinese elm had broke a major branch off of the trunk and was laying down partly in the neighbors driveway. So...that took precidence over any other plans for my Saturday morning. The hubby and I spent 2 hours trimming out the tree to get to the major branch to cut it off. Now the clean up comes. Our neighbor offered his green trash can, but it will take a couple of weeks before we can finally get rid of all the debris. Now the tree is lop-sided. We will need to start thinning out other branches on the opposite side of the tree so that it looks good. It needed thinning but now nature has forced us to give it some attention.

My Mom is in the hospital with asthma and bronchitis; she has been feeling badly for a couple of weeks and the medicine she was on wasn't helping. She seems in good spirits and hopefully will be home mid-week.

My Mom is in the hospital with asthma and bronchitis; she has been feeling badly for a couple of weeks and the medicine she was on wasn't helping. She seems in good spirits and hopefully will be home mid-week.

Positive thoughts to your mom and you!!

I just got a call from my Dad. He is fine but was calling to tell me about my step sister, whom I have not seen for many years now. Her 23 year old son shot himself in the head last night and died. I am so very sad for her. She has had such a difficult life. When she was a young woman she lost her 5 year old son to cancer, was in a car accident with my dad which also killed her mother, my dads wife, and a sister. And now this. Life can be so cruel to good people sometimes. She has already sought out trauma counseling to help her cope. I will be thinking of her.

I just got a call from my Dad. He is fine but was calling to tell me about my step sister, whom I have not seen for many years now. Her 23 year old son shot himself in the head last night and died. I am so very sad for her. She has had such a difficult life. When she was a young woman she lost her 5 year old son to cancer, was in a car accident with my dad which also killed her mother, my dads wife, and a sister. And now this. Life can be so cruel to good people sometimes. She has already sought out trauma counseling to help her cope. I will be thinking of her.

I am so sorry :(

sports money has gotten out of hand. Haynesworth's latest shananagans take the cake!!! Is this guy the greediest SOB to ever play sports? Maybe. But he needs to be taught a lesson. There has to be something done to stop this greed and fast. The fans and the sport will suffer. In case you dont know, he took over 60 million dollars from the Washington Redskins and is the highest payed player in the history of the position and he now wont report to work. Piece of shit is what he is. Cmon fat Albert!!! Come on over to this site and read this you greedy overpaid sack of lard!!! Washington is going to fight him for the money, and all sports fans had better hope he loses.

I don't know WTF to wear to my best friend's bridal shower. I was going to go for a dress for a change, but I have this problem where nothing fits because (don't laugh) I have big boobs, so in that respect I would need a plus size dress, but even though I'm somewhat flabby, I'm not THAT huge, so the rest of it will be hanging off me if I got one that fit my bust. Any girls out there thinking of getting breast implants, don't do it - you'll never find anything that fits again.

Not to mention all the cute, vintage stuff I'm looking at is online. I'm not a fan of ordering clothes online...even if I was a normally-proportioned person, there's no guarantee it'll fit, and seeing as I'm not, I'm pretty darn leery of it. On the other hand, I don't where I'm supposed to find stuff like that in this wasteland of a town. I went to a plus-size vintage shop in LA one time that was awesome, but I just drove to LA last weekend, and it took me 4 1/2 hours, so if you think I'm doing that again any time soon, you're outta your gourd. So, uh, yeah, problems. Maybe I'll just go for a skirt. I hate skirts, but I'll deal.

Wasting two hours of my life watching 'Antichrist'. If time's ever passed by more slowly, I must've been asleep. Or tripping.

This has to be the shittiest, most pointless movie ever made. And if there's an uglier woman than Charlotte Gainsbourg, please please PLEASE don't nobody post a picture.

I don't know WTF to wear to my best friend's bridal shower. I was going to go for a dress for a change, but I have this problem where nothing fits because (don't laugh) I have big boobs, so in that respect I would need a plus size dress, but even though I'm somewhat flabby, I'm not THAT huge, so the rest of it will be hanging off me if I got one that fit my bust. Any girls out there thinking of getting breast implants, don't do it - you'll never find anything that fits again.

Not to mention all the cute, vintage stuff I'm looking at is online. I'm not a fan of ordering clothes online...even if I was a normally-proportioned person, there's no guarantee it'll fit, and seeing as I'm not, I'm pretty darn leery of it. On the other hand, I don't where I'm supposed to find stuff like that in this wasteland of a town. I went to a plus-size vintage shop in LA one time that was awesome, but I just drove to LA last weekend, and it took me 4 1/2 hours, so if you think I'm doing that again any time soon, you're outta your gourd. So, uh, yeah, problems. Maybe I'll just go for a skirt. I hate skirts, but I'll deal.

It's hard for some body types to find things right off the rack to fit. Buy with the largest proportion of you body in mind and alter the rest. I have a problem with pants. Have to fit for the hips and thighs and hem the length and take in the waist.

It's hard for some body types to find things right off the rack to fit. Buy with the largest proportion of you body in mind and alter the rest. I have a problem with pants. Have to fit for the hips and thighs and hem the length and take in the waist.

Sounds enticing. Have pictures? :shifty:

Sounds enticing. Have pictures? :shifty:

Here you go Atlas. I didn't know you would be interested in sewing. :D

HemPants_153x170.jpg

Couldn't find any good pics of sewing the waist.

Oh wait :slapface: .....maybe it's not the sewing you are enticed about. So sorry... no photos that you might be looking for, you will just have to use your imagination. :whistling:

So my parents had a couple of their friends over today.

One of them brought their terrible, rude boy over. Once he came, he went straight onto the computar (Which I was planning to use) and went straight to playing games on the internet. I let him stay for like 30 minutes to an 1 hour until I asked politely if I could go on.

All he did was ignore me :mad: !!!!11!1! He ignored me completely, telling me he's the guest!! And what is he, 5!! What a spoiled brat!! He stayed on like an extra 30 minutes, until to the point I was gonna pull my hair out of my scalp and just press the power button on the computar.

Finally, after 50,000 times of asking, he got off and I offered him to play on the PS2.

I usually never hate little kids, he's actaully the only one I find to be spoiled and rotten out of all the ones I have met before.