What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

My Hawaiian Punch and Kool Aid arrived today. In powdered form. So I immediately mixed up a batch of Fruit Juicy Red, which used to be my favourite when I lived in the US in the 60s and 70s.

Surprise surprise - it tastes NOTHING LIKE it used to taste :(

We used to buy it in cans. Can you still get it in cans in the US???

Hawaiian Punch, yes.

Kool-Aid, never that I know of.

Ha! Just found a UK site selling it in small cans, about $1.50 a can :(. But if it's the real deal, I'll get some :D

Poindexter, I don't know how old you are, but does it still taste the same?

Poindexter, I don't know how old you are, but does it still taste the same?

I`m older than dirt, lets just say I remember were I was on November 22, 1963 and saw The Beatles on Ed Sullivan.

Yes HP still taste the same but being the son of of a poor white share-cropper, we were lucky to get Funny Face instead of Kool-Aid.

GoofyGrape.jpg

I`m older than dirt, lets just say I remember were I was on November 22, 1963 and saw The Beatles on Ed Sullivan.

Yes HP still taste the same but being the son of of a poor white share-cropper, we were lucky to get Funny Face instead of Kool-Aid.

GoofyGrape.jpg

Hur hur, I remember Goofy Grape too :D Awesome stuff.

Purple grape juice (or flavour) was very unusual in the UK until quite recently. But to me, it will always be the quintessential taste of America - along with Hawaiian Punch, proper corn chips (not those tortilla-style abominations), and Reece's Peanut Cups.

Hur hur, I remember Goofy Grape too biggrin.gif Awesome stuff.

Purple grape juice (or flavour) was very unusual in the UK until quite recently. But to me, it will always be the quintessential taste of America - along with Hawaiian Punch, proper corn chips (not those tortilla-style abominations), and Reece's Peanut Cups.

Why in the devil did they stop making Grape Tang???????????wtf.gif

back to work today after two weeks holiday. sad.gif

and still haven't been able to find a new place to rent. sad.gifsad.gif

Well, the two of you could always stay with us. Mind you, that would be one hell of a commute biggrin.gif

My Hawaiian Punch and Kool Aid arrived today. In powdered form. So I immediately mixed up a batch of Fruit Juicy Red, which used to be my favourite when I lived in the US in the 60s and 70s.

Surprise surprise - it tastes NOTHING LIKE it used to taste :(

We used to buy it in cans. Can you still get it in cans in the US???

Are you using the proper amount of water to mix it? Umm, actually, the water could be the entire problem there. Water tastes different in the UK than the States. Could be the difference in the taste there.

Edited by Tejanablonde

The weather! It's been awful lately. If not the pop-up thunderstorms that cause severe cloud-to-ground lightning and blinding downpours, it's the temps in the upper 90s and heat indexes in the upper 100s. Yesterday the heat index where I live got up to 110. Of course our neighbors next door are from Arizona and proudly tell everyone who complains about the heat that they're used to the actual air temps being 110 and therefore, we shouldn't bitch about this heat -- 94 in the shade is an arctic cold front to them.

If I could get Northern summers with Southern winters, that would be splendid. <_<

The weather! It's been awful lately. If not the pop-up thunderstorms that cause severe cloud-to-ground lightning and blinding downpours, it's the temps in the upper 90s and heat indexes in the upper 100s. Yesterday the heat index where I live got up to 110. Of course our neighbors next door are from Arizona and proudly tell everyone who complains about the heat that they're used to the actual air temps being 110 and therefore, we shouldn't bitch about this heat -- 94 in the shade is an arctic cold front to them.

If I could get Northern summers with Southern winters, that would be splendid. dry.gif

I know what you mean. It's especially fun when in the middle of cross country practice it goes from blistering hot to thunderstorms (our coach won't cancel practice unless there is a hurricane or something like that).

What made me unhappy today was that our cross country team was trying to get people together to play ultimate-frisbee today but not enough people committed, so it got canceled. angry.gif

I got a phone call on Friday from the hospital. She was in the ER asking for me. I hadn't seen her in months. Now she's in ICU with a non-functioning liver and massive internal bleeding. I think she will recover, but I had to wrestle her vodka out of her hands in Sunday morning. She had snuck it in in her bag. It appears I wasn't fast enough. She was already looped. The combination of physical illness, her withdrawal and the reintroduction of that poison into her body made her go crazy. They had to strap her down. Her ares are as yellow as :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ugh! I have jury duty tomarrow.

So today I acquired 12 new BFF (best friends for the next five days) and the County of Riverside Judicial System will be hosting my birthday.

I should be happy and privlidged to be doing my civic duty. NOT! But it sure puts a kink in manageing your personal life. Now I will go into work very early to get my timely things taken care of before heading off to the courthouse. At least I get closer parking now. My employer does not pay for jury duty and the county pays some pretty cheap wages for serving. I was the last juror sent to the jury box before the counsels approved the seated jurors. Dang.

Edited by ledzepfvr