Just Something I want To Know

Jimmy's A Legend

Is JPJ's name John-Paul (as the one name) or John?

I really want to know, random I know but hey, if anyone can tell me thanks.

He was born John Baldwin, then the name John Paul Jones was seen on a movie poster (something close to that) and they thought it would be a better name---

I think she's asking what do others call him. Seriously, it's good question. I always hear Jimmy refer to him as "John Paul Jones," his full name, in interviews. But he can't possibly say, "Hey, what time is it, John Paul Jones?" Would he say "What time is it, John?" or "What time is it, John Paul?"

I think she's asking what do others call him. Seriously, it's good question. I always hear Jimmy refer to him as "John Paul Jones," his full name, in interviews. But he can't possibly say, "Hey, what time is it, John Paul Jones?" Would he say "What time is it, John?" or "What time is it, John Paul?"

Honestly don't know that one. We need Steve Jones!

He would probably say "what time is it, Jonesy?"

:D

Hi Moon,

I thought the band called him "Chauffeur" "The Driver" or "Keys" didnt they? :lol:

Regards, Danny

Hi Moon,

I thought the band called him "Chauffeur" "The Driver" or "Keys" didnt they? :lol:

Regards, Danny

Ha ha! That's my Danny. (ps, I'm still going over the wealth of info you sent. Too fascinating.)

I think glicine may have it. Or if not, it's at least closer to the kind of answer we're looking for.

Edit for typo, again. Man, I'm off my game today.

Edited by Moonmaid

Ha ha! That's my Danny. (ps, I'm still going over the wealth of info you sent. Too fascinating.)

I think glicine may have it. Or if not, it's at least closer to the kind of answer we're looking for.

Edit for typo, again. Man, I'm off my game today.

Hi Moon,

"That's my Danny" bit presumptuous arent we? i'm not saying i would mind being called "Your Danny" but i would like to be asked first, i'm a little bit old fashoned that way dont you know? ;)

Glicine might have it, i'll give ya that, its a little too obvious for me, i just like to think Percy is the Piss Taker of the band and this would reflect what the others would call JPJ just to be in with Robert, if you follow?

Very Very Kind Regards my Darling Moon, from your Danny

(Now thats what i call Presumptuous") :lol:

Hi Moon,

"That's my Danny" bit presumptuous arent we? i'm not saying i would mind being called "Your Danny" but i would like to be asked first, i'm a little bit old fashoned that way dont you know? ;)

Glicine might have it, i'll give ya that, its a little too obvious for me, i just like to think Percy is the Piss Taker of the band and this would reflect what the others would call JPJ just to be in with Robert, if you follow?

Very Very Kind Regards my Darling Moon, from your Danny

(Now thats what i call Presumptuous") :lol:

How's it going "BIGDAN?" I can't PM you since your inbox is full! I hope that you enjoyed all of the DVD's and CD's that I sent you. Drop me a PM and let me know what you think. In the mean time, ROCK ON my friend!

How's it going "BIGDAN?" I can't PM you since your inbox is full! I hope that you enjoyed all of the DVD's and CD's that I sent you. Drop me a PM and let me know what you think. In the mean time, ROCK ON my friend!

HI ZFF,

My "In Box" is now open for business,

(pssst, zff, now please, cant you see i'm trying to pull mate,)

The pressies were smashing, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac are omnipresent on my computer already, the Zepp stuff, well the less i say out loud the better, too many ears mate, this forum would erupt if they knew, keep stum for you mate.

Kind Regards, Danny

PS. Did you clean up the Spew from Beatbo's back seat, you Projectile Vomitter You. :lol:

I've heard Jimmy and Robert call him Jonsey in interviews.

I've heard that when they're referring to him in the third person, but I'm not so sure when addressing him directly. I've heard Plant address Bonham as John, and yet refer to him as Bonzo.

Though I have heard Plant call him Looney Two Slacks. ;)

Edited by Evster2012

I've heard that when they're referring to him in the third person, but I'm not so sure when addressing him directly. I've heard Plant address Bonham as John, and yet refer to him as Bonzo.

Though I have heard Plant call him Looney Two Slacks. ;)

:o

:lol:

Ok, I just find this. It's from an interview in 2005.

Why didn't you go to the Grammys, where Zep got the Lifetime Achievement Award?

I was in Milan, promoting the new record. I think it was a fantastic tribute, but...[smiles]

You wanted nothing to do with it.

Oh, absolutely! I would have put my robes on and my crown, my scepter! With Jim

and John Paul -- what a way to spend the weekend! It'd be nice to get together to see if we have anything to argue about!

• 11 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...