JP in LA last night

Janet

Awwww, thanks Hotplant, Aqua, and nine. I am still so bummed I couldn't go. I seriously almost did anyway, despite having been under medical orders to stay in (I felt fine :angry: ).

I suppose this is as good a place as any to say (forgive the girlish self-indulgence),

Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I missed you!

I console myself with the fact that I'm moving to England in the fall.

;) No need to forgive the indulgence. Cheers to your move (a big one!) hoping you find peace and happiness in your new home.

I hope you do have a totally random run-in with Jimmy someday!

I will be in UK for the next week, unfortunately not moving there!

I will post a belated review of Jeff Beck concert then...

HAVE FUN AT JEFF BECK!!!!!!! :) I think you are really going to love it!! Let us know...

Sharon

I don't think this is quite worthy of a new thread on its own, BUT I wanted to let any interested L.A. Forum members know that Eddie Kramer, engineer extraordinaire, will be giving a free talk at the Grammy Museum on July 30th.

An Evening with Studio Legend Eddie Kramer

If you attend, you must share any Zep-related info you learn here! Maybe he'll take questions from the audience. I would ask him what he learned from working with Jimmy Page.

HAVE FUN AT JEFF BECK!!!!!!! :) I think you are really going to love it!! Let us know...

Sharon

Hi-

Just got back today. Jeff was great, although I am not really into a lot of his stuff. He started out with "Beck's Bolero" which was one of the few songs I knew. He did a few Beatles songs as well. I enjoyed the interplay between him and his bass guitar player; she is fantastic! At the end David Gilmour came on stage and played two songs with Jeff - I am not a PF fan either so I was wishing it was JP instead. But Jeff payed very well and there were numerous encores.

Hi-

Just got back today. Jeff was great, although I am not really into a lot of his stuff. He started out with "Beck's Bolero" which was one of the few songs I knew. He did a few Beatles songs as well. I enjoyed the interplay between him and his bass guitar player; she is fantastic! At the end David Gilmour came on stage and played two songs with Jeff - I am not a PF fan either so I was wishing it was JP instead. But Jeff payed very well and there were numerous encores.

Holy S$*!T - That is rock and roll history.

Any chance you know which songs Gilmour joined him on? I can't even imagine being witness to that event. One for the history books!!!

Any chance you know which songs Gilmour joined him on? I can't even imagine being witness to that event. One for the history books!!!

Jerusalem and Hi Ho Silver Lining.

Hi-

Hi Janet!

WOW--sounds like you got to see a great show!!! And yes, the bass player is GREAT!! :)

Sharon

I felt like such an idiot - I didn't even know it was David Gilmour but I figured it out when I heard people shouting "David". My daughter would have recognized him but she forgot her glasses at the hotel! I know next to nothing about Pink Floyd but at least I recognized the name. I didn't know the songs they played at all so thanks to Glicine for identifying them.

I felt like such an idiot - I didn't even know it was David Gilmour but I figured it out when I heard people shouting "David". My daughter would have recognized him but she forgot her glasses at the hotel! I know next to nothing about Pink Floyd but at least I recognized the name. I didn't know the songs they played at all so thanks to Glicine for identifying them.

You're welcome.

And there are already clips on youtube.

Ross does not like his pictures copied and pasted so here ia a link to pics of JB and DG in Ross's July 8th section of his diary.

http://www.rosshalfin.com/diary/july-2009/...y-july-2009.php

Those are wonderful photos. I've never seen Mr. Gilmour smile so much! How great if they were to record together... or dare we even hope for a Demigods of Guitar tour starring Beck, Gilmour & Page?!

Archived