Happy Fourth of July My American Friends :)

Knebby

23 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

I will be sadly watching American democracy fading away as for the first time in our nations history, a President is having a military parade. The only countries which have ever had military parades have been dictatorships. We have children dying in cages and a leader who admires and cohorts with brutal dictators. Even Nixon would be appalled.

The American experiment is slipping away by degrees. Sorry, but I am now ashamed of my country.

Calling BULLSHIT.

France, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, all have at times had proud military parades too---- even after their royalty had been replaced with democracies.

We have no children "dying in cages" but we do finally have a President willing to do something about defending our borders  (at least trying) and making America great again.

Your views to not represent a majority of Americans... and least not true Americans.  You complain about Trump but it is attitudes like yours who got him elected, and will probably get him reelected.

Watching the 4th of July celebration today in honor of our military and in celebration of our Independence from Britain made me PROUD to be an American

34 minutes ago, kipper said:

Calling BULLSHIT.

France, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, all have at times had proud military parades too---- even after their royalty had been replaced with democracies.

We have no children "dying in cages" but we do finally have a President willing to do something about defending our borders  (at least trying) and making America great again.

Your views to not represent a majority of Americans... and least not true Americans.  You complain about Trump but it is attitudes like yours who got him elected, and will probably get him reelected.

Watching the 4th of July celebration today in honor of our military and in celebration of our Independence from Britain made me PROUD to be an American

:thumbsup:

11 hours ago, kipper said:

Calling BULLSHIT.

France during it's annual Bastille Day celebrations has a military parade.The last time the UK had a military parade was in 82' after the Falklands War. The last time the US had such a parade was 1991 after the Gulf War and I objected to that as well when it happened as did many others. This is the FIRST time the US has had a military parade on the 4th of July. The issue is we have a President who evaded the draft through the influence of his father who is now fetishizing the military as some sort of compensation for being a massive coward and allowing the poor to fight in his place.

Yes, we have children dying in cages at the internment camps at the border (this is not disputed, this is fact); we have 50% of the boarder patrol agents on a secret, closed Facebook page posting disgusting memes extolling rape and sexual abuse of both immigrants and congress-women. Per the US Constitution, ANYONE coming to the US to seek asylum must be granted such and not arrested. These people are not breaking the law, the President is.

My views in fact do represent not just the majority of Americans but the VAST majority of Americans. Why did you feel the need to throw in that most disturbing of chestnuts, "true Americans." Once you pulled that out your entire post was completely negated and relegated to some 4Chan, nativist post akin to some random Stormfront member. I would think you are better than that Kip.

Sorry Kip, I guess I am one of those whacky types who looks at the military as a necessary evil and not as something to admire. I am a vet BTW and even when I joined at the age of 17 I felt that way. War is hell, even if only one person dies, that is one grieving family too many. Military action should only be used when all other options have been exhausted and only when the US or it's allies are directly attacked, any other use of force should be considered illegal.

We are better than this.

10 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

deak_1-032113.jpg

The entire world was at war, tens of millions were dying, what would you have suggested FDR do? Of course Stalin was a brutal dictator, but he was a brutal dictator who's country was doing 95% of the fighting in the European Theater until 1943. If the Allies had not opened the second front in France the Soviets would have kept rolling all the way to the English Channel. The only reason we even opened the second front was because of this fact, not because we (the Allies) were needed to win the war in the European Theater.

FDR sided with Stalin over pragmatism, not out of true desire. However I will concede FDR believed in a post-WWII peace and partnership with Stalin as he believed Stalin was simply reacting to Allied policy. That can be debated until the cows come home but the historical fact is Europe needed the USSR during WWII, the USSR did not need us (except for lend-lease, but that helped make America rich so, win-win).

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

France during it's annual Bastille Day celebrations has a military parade.The last time the UK had a military parade was in 82' after the Falklands War. The last time the US had such a parade was 1991 after the Gulf War and I objected to that as well when it happened as did many others. This is the FIRST time the US has had a military parade on the 4th of July. The issue is we have a President who evaded the draft through the influence of his father who is now fetishizing the military as some sort of compensation for being a massive coward and allowing the poor to fight in his place.

Yes, we have children dying in cages at the internment camps at the border (this is not disputed, this is fact); we have 50% of the boarder patrol agents on a secret, closed Facebook page posting disgusting memes extolling rape and sexual abuse of both immigrants and congress-women. Per the US Constitution, ANYONE coming to the US to seek asylum must be granted such and not arrested. These people are not breaking the law, the President is.

My views in fact do represent not just the majority of Americans but the VAST majority of Americans. Why did you feel the need to throw in that most disturbing of chestnuts, "true Americans." Once you pulled that out your entire post was completely negated and relegated to some 4Chan, nativist post akin to some random Stormfront member. I would think you are better than that Kip.

Sorry Kip, I guess I am one of those whacky types who looks at the military as a necessary evil and not as something to admire. I am a vet BTW and even when I joined at the age of 17 I felt that way. War is hell, even if only one person dies, that is one grieving family too many. Military action should only be used when all other options have been exhausted and only when the US or it's allies are directly attacked, any other use of force should be considered illegal.

We are better than this.

This Citizen of the World bullshit is insufferable and has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. To fact check it would be like spraying a rotting corpse with Fabreeze.  

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

This Citizen of the World bullshit is insufferable and has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. To fact check it would be like spraying a rotting corpse with Fabreeze.  

Since when have you ever cared about facts Steve? Of course you will not check this because I already did as I do not post anything not factually correct in such matters. That being said it has everything to do with the topic at hand. When a President does something no other President has done on the 4th of July since John Adams did in 1798 it should be a cause for alarm. BTW, guess where he got the cash to pay for this military display? The National Parks service that's where.

In closing I would like to mention the US currently has bases in over 70 nations and is the only country in the entire world which has global offensive conventional military capability. Does China have global conventional offensive military capability? Russia? Nope and nope, only the US.

Whipping out a 14" dick and dangling it in front of a world where your closest competitor militarily wise has maybe a 3" dick is not only ridiculous but downright weird and just crazy. Meanwhile, we have homeless, we have poverty, we have people who cannot afford healthcare but hey, look at these amazing tanks.

It is a shame you would find facts insufferable simply because they do not line up with your opinion or world-view.

I am done with this topic.

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Since when have you ever cared about facts Steve? Of course you will not check this because I already did as I do not post anything not factually correct in such matters. That being said it has everything to do with the topic at hand. When a President does something no other President has done on the 4th of July since John Adams did in 1798 it should be a cause for alarm. BTW, guess where he got the cash to pay for this military display? The National Parks service that's where.

In closing I would like to mention the US currently has bases in over 70 nations and is the only country in the entire world which has global offensive conventional military capability. Does China have global conventional offensive military capability? Russia? Nope and nope, only the US.

Whipping out a 14" dick and dangling it in front of a world where your closest competitor militarily wise has maybe a 3" dick is not only ridiculous but downright weird and just crazy. Meanwhile, we have homeless, we have poverty, we have people who cannot afford healthcare but hey, look at these amazing tanks.

It is a shame you would find facts insufferable simply because they do not line up with your opinion or world-view.

I am done with this topic.

Would that be funding for the same National Parks that his predecessor spitefully closed to the American people multiple times during government shutdowns? Do you have any idea how inconsequential $2M is? By way of comparison, they won't grant him $5B for a border wall, but they award $500B annually in foreign aid. So let me get this STRAIGHT: we accommodate a whole fucking month of rainbow parades but we can't pony up $2M to have ONE PARADE?

Do you know why the US has bases around the globe? Something to do with collective national security interests. Are you such a myopic pacifist that you seriously propose in 2019 to bring them all home?   As a by the way, U.S. defense spending as a percentage of GDP remains at it's lowest levels since World War II. Homeless? You mean street bums, right? We've spent TRILLIONS on the so called War on Poverty since the New Deal 80+ years ago. Guess that's not working out for you then, is it?

Oh well, at least you'll shut up now. 

9 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Would that be funding for the same National Parks that his predecessor spitefully closed to the American people multiple times during government shutdowns? Do you have any idea how inconsequential $2M is? By way of comparison, they won't grant him $5B for a border wall, but they award $500B annually in foreign aid. So let me get this STRAIGHT: we accommodate a whole fucking month of rainbow parades but we can't pony up $2M to have ONE PARADE?

Do you know why the US has bases around the globe? Something to do with collective national security interests. Are you such a myopic pacifist that you seriously propose in 2019 to bring them all home?   As a by the way, U.S. defense spending as a percentage of GDP remains at it's lowest levels since World War II. Homeless? You mean street bums, right? We've spent TRILLIONS on the so called War on Poverty since the New Deal 80+ years ago. Guess that's not working out for you then, is it?

Oh well, at least you'll shut up now. 

Well there buddy, since 2M is "inconsequential" how about you send me 2M. It is inconsequential after all.

1 minute ago, redrum said:

Amen to that, brother.

Funny, I did not know the US government paid for those Pride Parades. Can you provide a link to that please?

Though as a historian myself, I was quite surprised to find out we had airports in the 18th century. Who knew???

18 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Well there buddy, since 2M is "inconsequential" how about you send me 2M. It is inconsequential after all.

If it'll shut you up I'll send it Western Union Money in Minutes.

17 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Funny, I did not know the US government paid for those Pride Parades. Can you provide a link to that please?

Though as a historian myself...

There's a lot you don't know or understand. Government resources are used to provide security for those parades, clean up the mess, etc.

"Though as a historian myself"…and there it is, the appeal to authority. Look, the points you raise here should stand on their own merits or not. You could be a rocket scientist for all I care, you're still wrong.  

On 7/4/2019 at 11:42 PM, kipper said:

Calling BULLSHIT.

Military parades happened under Kennedy and before. I travel but am currently living in Baltimore. Great viewing at the Harbor.

I travelled to DC for the event and it was the most patriotic I have ever seen. It cost a few million, but way less than the spectacle that transpired under a special council.

16 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

If it'll shut you up I'll send it Western Union Money in Minutes.

There's a lot you don't know or understand. Government resources are used to provide security for those parades, clean up the mess, etc.

"Though as a historian myself"…and there it is, the appeal to authority. Look, the points you raise here should stand on their own merits or not. You could be a rocket scientist for all I care, you're still wrong.  

Just so I understand your point, some events are ok to be funded, or at least supplemented by government resources but others not so much? Who then is qualified to be such an arbiter in light of the 1st Amendment? American Nazi's and white supremacists are allowed these protections at the governments cost but a gay pride parade should not? Maybe if the gay's were also Nazi's it would be ok in your eyes or would that be splitting hairs?

I never claimed authority, I mentioned I was a historian insofar as I am and always have been extremely interested in history and studied such in university. Again here you go with demonizing intelligent debate. What is the purpose of an education if one is lambasted for that education? Just curious, when your car breaks and you take it to a mechanic who informs you what is wrong, do you scream he is "appealing to authority" because he is a licensed mechanic? Or is it only an appeal to authority when the opinion at hand runs counter to your own?

Unlike you Steve I am only asking questions and stating my opinions backed up by easily re searchable facts, I do not insult you. As William F Buckley so eloquently said, if you lower yourself to personal attack you have lost the debate. When Buckley debated Gore Vidal live on TV and Gore goaded him incessantly until Buckley broke down and insulted Gore, threatening violence, Gore and Buckley both knew in that instant it was over, Gore not only won the debate but absolutely humiliated Buckley in the process. Then again that was a time when true debate between intelligentsia had strict rules and the true law of debate was akin to mental three dimensional chess. Now we have lowered ourselves to who can shout the loudest, insult and demean in the most cruel of ways, and cry "FAKE NEWS" when the truth and facts no longer fit our narrative. We are indeed a sad peoples to have fallen so low.

Edited by PeaceFrogYum

4 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Just so I understand your point, some events are ok to be funded, or at least supplemented by government resources but others not so much? Who then is qualified to be such an arbiter in light of the 1st Amendment? American Nazi's and white supremacists are allowed these protections at the governments cost but a gay pride parade should not? Maybe if the gay's were also Nazi's it would be ok in your eyes or would that be splitting hairs?

I never claimed authority, I mentioned I was a historian insofar as I am and always have been extremely interested in history and studied such in university. Again here you go with demonizing intelligent debate. What is the purpose of an education if one is lambasted for that education? Just curious, when your car breaks and you take it to a mechanic who informs you what is wrong, do you scream he is "appealing to authority" because he is a licensed mechanic? Or is it only an appeal to authority when the opinion at hand runs counter to your own?

Unlike you Steve I am only asking questions and stating my opinions backed up by easily re searchable facts, I do not insult you. As William F Buckley so eloquently said, if you lower yourself to personal attack you have lost the debate. When Buckley debated Gore Vidal live on TV and Gore goaded him incessantly until Buckley broke down and insulted Gore, threatening violence, Gore and Buckley both knew in that instant it was over, Gore not only won the debate but absolutely humiliated Buckley in the process. Then again that was a time when true debate between intelligentsia had strict rules and the true law of debate was akin to mental three dimensional chess. Now we have lowered ourselves to who can shout the loudest, insult and demean in the most cruel of ways, and cry "FAKE NEWS" when the truth and facts no longer fit our narrative. We are indeed a sad peoples to have fallen so low.

Come on now, you said you would shut up. Besides, if there's a salient point to that post I fail to see it. My point was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of going into hysterics over "what it costs" to have a single fourth of July parade in Washington DC after having had a month of rainbow and unicorn parades from coast to coast. Granted, many of them are undoubtedly George Soros-funded events intended to further destroy the fabric of American society, but there are costs at the local level regardless. 

Look, I just returned from two and half weeks vacation in the states. I can state with confidence it is not being run or overrun by so-called American Nazis or white supremacists. It is however infested with recidivist maggot illegal aliens, the mentally ill, the obese and the stupid. Even so, they are far from the majority. I think. Anyway, I'm fucking tired of people like you and those ass pirates on CNN hating on America 24/7. Besides, these sorts of things aren't even supposed to be discussed on this forum. So let's agree to disagree and give it a rest. 

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Come on now, you said you would shut up. Besides, if there's a salient point to that post I fail to see it. My point was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of going into hysterics over "what it costs" to have a single fourth of July parade in Washington DC after having had a month of rainbow and unicorn parades from coast to coast. Granted, many of them are undoubtedly George Soros-funded events intended to further destroy the fabric of American society, but there are costs at the local level regardless. 

Look, I just returned from two and half weeks vacation in the states. I can state with confidence it is not being run or overrun by so-called American Nazis or white supremacists. It is however infested with recidivist maggot illegal aliens, the mentally ill, the obese and the stupid. Even so, they are far from the majority. I think. Anyway, I'm fucking tired of people like you and those ass pirates on CNN hating on America 24/7. Besides, these sorts of things aren't even supposed to be discussed on this forum. So let's agree to disagree and give it a rest. 

Thanks Steve, you proved my point in spades. I guess you really are tired.

Anyway, I do respect your opinions, I may not agree but I do respect them.

For anyone who thought this year would be the usual baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Mom...

Related image

The 2019 4th of July Holiday Weekend Roll Call!

- Folks born made to wave the flag

- Children dying in cages

- A leader who admires and cohorts with brutal dictators

- Nixon

- A President willing to do something about defending our borders  (at least trying) and making America great again

- True Americans

Trump

- Our military 

France

- A President who evaded the draft through the influence of his father who is now fetishizing the military as some sort of compensation for being a massive coward and allowing the poor to fight in his place

- The majority of Americans

- The VAST majority of Americans

- Immigrants and congress-women

- ANYONE coming to the US to seek asylum

- Some random Stormfront member

- Closest competitor militarily wise

- One of those whacky types

- A vet BTW

- FDR 

- Stalin, a brutal dictator

- The Allies

- The Soviets