Happy Fourth of July My American Friends :)

Knebby

i think the point of this day should be like May day in England, a day of mass protest, the yanks (my fiancee included) have many grievances with their country and its about time this shifted gear in the minds of citizens

the irony of the holiday is hilarious, you wanted separation from Britain? fine man you got it, just don't drag us into endless wars!

"but I believe if it were not for America's intervention in World War II, you and your countrymen might be a German speaking nation and under the rule of the Third Reich"

yeah and 246,000 Japanese civilians would have carried on with their lives and not melted into oblivion

i think the point of this day should be like May day in England, a day of mass protest, the yanks (my fiancee included) have many grievances with their country and its about time this shifted gear in the minds of citizens

the irony of the holiday is hilarious, you wanted separation from Britain? fine man you got it, just don't drag us into endless wars!

"but I believe if it were not for America's intervention in World War II, you and your countrymen might be a German speaking nation and under the rule of the Third Reich"

yeah and 246,000 Japanese civilians would have carried on with their lives and not melted into oblivion

:goodpost:

GFY!

It is a day well spent with family and friends and to be thankful for democracy, no matter how ones feels about the current political situation.

the founding fathers were terrorists in a sense so what are you celebrating? you are basically saying be thankful for a political system you have no interaction with other than a vote and ignore what the Whitehouse/downing st get up to?? when you protest, you are condemned

we see the police state America is turning into, you're not far behind the UK, the land of incompetence, paranoia and cctv up your arsehole

No need for anyone on either side of the Atlantic to lecture each other.

Happy 4th of July!!

It is a day well spent with family and friends and to be thankful for democracy, no matter how ones feels about the current political situation.

Goddamm right!

It's one day, boys and girls. If a couple people on a music forum wish to express pride for their country, let them. And if that bothers, that's too friggin bad. Get over it..

Good grief.

Edited by planted

Thanks Planted. I find it rich that I am lectured to by an Englishman on the 4th of July. Henrybonzo, if you don't like me expressing national pride on a Fourth of July thread then don't come to this thread.

Yah, don't lower yourself, Texas Melanie.

Have a wonderful 4th!

Happy 4th of July to all the forum family and to all the freedom loving people around the world. There are still countries who don't have that basic right and today is a day to remember that it does have it's costs. It may not be the perfect solution but it is better than some of the alternatives in other areas of our planet.

I plan on a little cleaning, lot's of relaxing after and having a hot dog, potato salad and a beer. My current choice is Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat.

why would you find it rich? im not lecturing you, im suggessting that july 4th should be a litte more than just burgers and fireworks

and you tell me if i don't like it, shut up??what happened to "democracy" now?

it might be a little ott but c'mon can you not see how America has lost its vibe , are Americans aware of what the world thinks of the US?

like i said my fiance is from Pasadena, California, her dad worked for JPL/NASA and agrees with me, does that make him a traitor or patriot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjXV8NEHar0

Edited by henrybonzo

Jiminy Cricket...does every thread have to turn into a pissing match? This whole 'my dick is bigger than your dick' is tedious.

Happy Independence Day my American brothers and sisters. Happy birthday to Louis Armstrong, too!!!

Jiminy Cricket...does every thread have to turn into a pissing match? This whole 'my dick is bigger than your dick' is tedious.

Happy Independence Day my American brothers and sisters. Happy birthday to Louis Armstrong, too!!!

I second this!

Watching early baseball in our Nation's Capital. Neil Diamond is about to perform his new song on field between innings. Should be...interesting... :)

Later this evening, I'll catch the Capitol Fourth on PBS. Love Megan HIlty!!! Oh, and Barry Manilow will be there, too. :D

Sometime during all the festivities, I'm sure there will be food. And possibly adult beverages :drinks:

Have a great day, all!!

It's unfortunate how this thread is turning out. I don't think it was ever intended to be a 'who won the war' thread.

Nevertheless, I should like to wish a Happy Independence Day holiday to all our US members here. I hope you all got a day off work, and the sun is shining for you. :peace:

Happy Independence Day America! To all my American brothers and sisters, hope you're having a great 4th of July celebration! We've been to the beach all day, just south of one of the oldest American cities - St. Augustine, 500 years old this year. Everything is decked out in red, white and blue American pride - much like the many 4th's I spent in New England as a kid! It's been a wonderful day weather-wise. Be safe and have a great rest of the day!!!

P.S. Thanks Knebby for starting this thread 4 years ago, hope you're doing well! XO

The Macy's fireworks this year were quite beautiful.

Thanks for the well wishes from abroad.

It's all true; the American Revolution and our Constitution inspired and continue to inspire people around the world. At the same time, most Americans are mired in apathy, complacency, a sense of powerlessness, and are divorced from political and civic involvement. Democracy cannot flourish with these attitudes.

re "Without the birth of My Great Nation, this world We live in would be filled with chaos, anarchy and upheaval." Umm...you don't follow the news much I guess.