LED ZEPPELIN DVD

taker328

I just got my hands on the Led Zeppelin DVD and I was shocked at the footage I saw that I didn't see online or on YouTube. One that really got me was the video of them backstage getting ready in the RAH show, with jimmy and bonzo doing their hair. Then I was amazed by the Garden footage in the title menu with jimmy walking to his room and greeting the obviously star-struck cops. It had me thinking, assuming that Zeppelin is a band that would presumably have a large archive, are these just flashes of what is actually in the vault?

And another question for you guys, films like TSRTS and RAH were filmed to be a sort of documentary. But in TSRTS, there is so probably so much footage that was not used, there could still be a lot left over. And the RAH was filmed for a BBC documentary, you think there might be other interviews and backstage footage that they just couldn't fit on the DVD?

My question is, I've only seen parts and snapshots of really cool footage, you think there might be more, longer, and better footage that can be released, or do you think that Jimmy went all out and gave us everyhing he had? I hope it's not the latter. But it's fun to think about this.

My question is, I've only seen parts and snapshots of really cool footage, you think there might be more, longer, and better footage that can be released, or do you think that Jimmy went all out and gave us everyhing he had? I hope it's not the latter. But it's fun to think about this.

Here's another song from RAH:

Here's another song from RAH:

I mean more of the backstage footage like the stuff on the title menus like jimmy walking down the hallway greeting the cop in the garden. I though that was the coolest rare footage I've ever seen.

I think TSRTS would have been so much better without the fantasy sequences and a more intimate look behind the scenes with Zeppelin backstage and stuff. I think there's a lot more footage than we think, because a lot of it was not used. Same thing with RAH.

sorry i misunderstood. Here's some video of them on the Starship (although it's not great quality, it's nice to see them having fun together):

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/fsmith9095/ZEP%20COLLECTION/VIDEOS/?action=view&current=ZEPNBCTV73.flv

Hahaha that's great, I love the part about the pool table when Robert is obviously taking the piss.

• 4 weeks later...

I mean more of the backstage footage like the stuff on the title menus like jimmy walking down the hallway greeting the cop in the garden. I though that was the coolest rare footage I've ever seen.

I think TSRTS would have been so much better without the fantasy sequences and a more intimate look behind the scenes with Zeppelin backstage and stuff. I think there's a lot more footage than we think, because a lot of it was not used. Same thing with RAH.

i always thought small clips of stuff like that is really cool too, the movie it might get loud has an old film of page in it from the mid 60s and hes walking into the studio with his guitar its pretty cool

i always thought small clips of stuff like that is really cool too, the movie it might get loud has an old film of page in it from the mid 60s and hes walking into the studio with his guitar its pretty cool

Spot on! I live for this kind of stuff. I've had the DVD for 6 yrs and somehow missed this footage. I believe this photo would be from that same source.

9gkmdi.jpg

I also like the footage on the DVD of the crew unloading the plane and the footage of the band walking around Belfast (I believe that's where it was taken). And let's not forget that silly snippet of JHB dancing in the hotel on DVD.

To me,that stuff is priceless! I would imagine and hope that there is lots more of this home footage material floating around or stored in someone's vault somewhere.

There are also snippets of the band walking around Berlin in 1970 seen on the Film Noir/Assemblage DVD set.

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/fsmith9095/ZEP%20COLLECTION/VIDEOS/?action=view&current=Led_Zeppelin_-_Germany_1970.flv

And it makes me wonder.....

• 1 month later...

sorry i misunderstood. Here's some video of them on the Starship (although it's not great quality, it's nice to see them having fun together):

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/fsmith9095/ZEP%20COLLECTION/VIDEOS/?action=view&current=ZEPNBCTV73.flv

What is it with news readers? AGAIN "The" Led Zeppelin..."The"? (just like the UK news interview from 1970) Hilarious!

:lol:

Cheerio,

Percy

Cool! :D

I had seen the 5-6 min edit many times before, very nostalgic (I think Chris Welch' 8mm) BUT never before a version which also includes LIVE footage, that's Dazed in Berlin 1970 , shot from backstage, supercool! If that's not on this site yet, it should be!

Cheers,

Percy

I had seen the 5-6 min edit many times before, very nostalgic (I think Chris Welch' 8mm) BUT never before a version which also includes LIVE footage, that's Dazed in Berlin 1970 , shot from backstage, supercool! If that's not on this site yet, it should be!

Sorry! (answering my own questions) There is! (Germany 1970) BUT it does not have any authentic sound and it's been edited into a "music video" having Celebration Day play in the background and relate to it, so it makes it soft of impossible to follow what's going on. The Japanese web site version seems 100% chronological and logical. Except I don't think they could have taken the train to Berlin in those days, could they? But it's likely they took the train down from Düsseldorf.

Does anyone in Germany know more about this?

Cologne (July 16th) and Essen (July 17th) were nearby and near Düsseldorf, then they took the train down to Frankfurt (a.M) for July 18th.

But Berlin was July 19th 1970, surely they flew in, in 1970 the wall was pretty serious business. A good thing it's gone!

Very nice footage anyway. :)

Cheers,

Percy

we wish man, i love watching them get off planes and walking about, basically we love to see them being normal people coz its hard to feel on the same level as GODS!!!!!

offstage their even still awesome, i love jimmy and plants interview whn they were asking if they were influenced by the Beatles.

"Uhhh...no not really no."

Jimmy Page

Archived